The general discussion thread within our general discussion.

Astroworld shut down due to falling attendance year over year all while property taxes kept rising.  The nail in the coffin was the parking contract that didn't renew which ultimately made the decision to close. 

HTX had better days, now batteries and alternate fuel sources are coming.  Soon the black gold will be the depiction of this...

image.thumb.png.3fd30270e0d334d3d5b1a06d6e9568c6.png

Edited by ndv
  • Truth 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
9 hours ago, mr.yuck said:

Haha. There are several states that are the geographical equivalent of a shoulder shrug. Ohio and Indiana definitely top the list. Maybe like Missouri and Kansas are also on the list.

Depends what you're into.  I've enjoyed IN a lot, but there are things there to suit my interests.

Bout to head out to the beach and eat some fire Mexican food and go to an arcade. If that's not the best night ever, I get to hang out with the home girls boyfriend. Cool dude. These ladies fuck with such losers all the time, it's refreshing to meet one that I actually get along with.

• Props 1

On 3/8/2023 at 9:19 AM, Dark_Knight said:

Cleveland and Columbus are normal places. Literally the rest of Ohio is a cess pool of white trash poverty. If you haven’t seen gummo, you should. It accurately shows what the vast majority of Ohio is like. @Schnitzel

Now y’all got that yellow springs or whatever place poppin via Dave Chappelle though. Dude literally brought the whole state shine from that town lol. I kinda wanna go.  

• Like 1

Well, now we have something to talk about beyond this blanket slander of the Buckeye State.

I have only had Skyline a couple of times and while I was interested in trying a few local joints when visiting Cincinnati I did not. I liked Skyline but was a little sketched out by the caloric values, and the only one in Cleveland was deep East of the city making it a chore. If you happen to get out there though the Russian Grocery across the street is really something and a walk around the North Chagrin Reservation is not too shabby either. 

I have one friend who has made chili over noodles for his family on a lark but beyond that I have never known anyone who makes it. I suspect it is an Ohio thing, just an extension of the Cincinnati.

How did your family make it? From scratch or from a can, with or without beans.

I had Chili over rice a number of times, a favorite of POZ also if I recall.

• Like 2
  • Props 1

7 hours ago, morton said:

How did your family make it? From scratch or from a can, with or without beans.

I had Chili over rice a number of times, a favorite of POZ also if I recall.

chili over rice is top tier. anything over rice is though. i'm aggressively pro-rice, it's the best carb. 

i think the chili recipe was usually: 

- whatever ground beef was on sale that week (feel like we had a lot of 85/15)

- canned tomato purée 

- canned diced tomato

- a white onion, minced and cooked down

- garlic powder

- canned red beans or black beans

- cumin

- black pepper 

top with sour cream, cheese (i skipped both and went for hot sauce) 

Edited by Elena Delle Donne
  • Like 3
  • Truth 1
  • Props 1