The general discussion thread within our general discussion.

12 hours ago, One Man Banned said:

One spot I go to serves their burgers with house made ketchup and it is a game changer.  

This conversation made me look up the history of ketchup.  Ketchup used to be made of mushrooms.

The nasty history of ketchup. Was made to disguise the taste of rancid meat.

• Pause 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
12 minutes ago, One Man Banned said:

So what's the best and what's the worst condiment?

Sounds like a thread in itself. 

Without getting too technical I think it depends on what food you're paring it with and then the condiment itself comes with variety i.e. some brand's blends go better with certain spices and marinades.  For example I like the spicy ketchup with my fries but not with my burgers as I prefer regular ketchup (100% natural).  For corn dogs I like mine with ketchup and yellow mustard, dipping half the corn dog in ketchup and the other half in mustard taste good in one bit.  I haven't tried it but I suppose mayo is probably not a good idea.  

• Props 1

2 hours ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

Where tf are you from son lol??

Was living in a place that preferred/manufactured sweet ketchup. It was before full swing globalization, so a lot of brands were hard or impossible to come by.

Definitely have some good memories of occasionally getting Heinz ketchup and it being a treat.

16 hours ago, ndv said:

Sounds like a thread in itself. 

I like the spicy ketchup with my fries but not with my burgers as I prefer regular ketchup (100% natural).  For corn dogs I like mine with ketchup and yellow mustard, dipping half the corn dog in ketchup and the other half in mustard taste good in one bit.  I haven't tried it but I suppose mayo is probably not a good idea.  

14 hours ago, nicklesndimes said:

i've never really had mustard before lol..

What kind of sick psychopaths are you?

• Like 2
  • Truth 2
  • LOL! 1

On 2/27/2023 at 10:05 AM, Fist 666 said:

But, what kind of mustard? Hopefully not French's yellow...

Place and a time for og yellow man. Especially with cooking. Shows up a lot in black folk recipes. I gotta have standard yellow with weiners as we call them around here. You’ll get laughed out of the building for asking for ketchup. 

• Like 2
  • Truth 1
  • LOL! 1

2 hours ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

Place and a time for og yellow man. Especially with cooking. Shows up a lot in black folk recipes. I gotta have standard yellow with weiners as we call them around here. You’ll get laughed out of the building for asking for ketchup. 

My buddy rubs his meat with yellow mustard before smoking it.

• Like 1
  • Truth 1
  • LOL! 2

1 hour ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

Tuna fish.

Potato salad.

Sometimes yellow is the answer.

• LOL! 1

Yellow mustard in tuna fish? I have done Dijon before. But yellow?! That shit would look odd.

Can’t hate though because I usually eat tuna with a spoon straight out the can with nothing on it. Most people think that’s pretty odd.

• Truth 1

4 hours ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

What if I bring that smoke to the wiener roast?

You hittin this?

5BD48CDA-AAF7-4743-B23D-07C4F12543C5.jpeg

• Like 2
  • LOL! 2

2 hours ago, nicklesndimes said:

if you just ate it like that instead of smoking it, it'd also be kind of like consuming an edible.

"a hotdog with weed relish"

Naw, dude…..You got to light it and hit it so it gets that smoky flavor.

Don’t you know anything about smoking meats?

194666ED-B79A-4111-A729-737F2864355B.gif

• Like 1
  • Props 1