The general discussion thread within our general discussion.

3 hours ago, One Man Banned said:

Most of these media outlets work to some extent with professionals from different disciplines, using them for commentary or "expert" opinion.  Some of this may be voluntary on the part of the professionals, for exposure, or they may get paid.  It's up to the media outlet to seek people who agree with the narrative they're portraying, or to present a different perspective, etc.  Also up to them to get people who are actually knowledgeable and experienced in the area they're talking about.  Up to you what you want to believe, or not, when you see or hear them.  Suppressing them does get into freedom of speech shit.  Also the court has no authority to suppress someone not involved in a case, and usually it's up to a judge to order a jury to not follow media related to a case they're on.

But that's what I am getting at, whose to say that the media persuading a specific narrative intentionally targeting some of the jurors.  There's a fine line to this.  I get what the professionals are there for hired by the media.  But it goes deeper than that, kinda more into a psyop type of thing. 

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

The difficulties caused by creating a biased jury pool are far less than the damage to free speech posed by a government issued gag order restricting the media from discussing cases.

The greater hazard to jury pools is that they disproportionality represent a pool of people who either have nothing better to do or are not smart enough to weasel their way out of it. I think it should be mandatory for employers to provide time off and pay wages to employees who have been called for jury duty.

This is crossfire talk, maybe dhabz will jump in, summon dao and before long cristo and all the gang will be mixing it up.    

• Like 2
  • Truth 1
  • LOL! 2

13 hours ago, ndv said:

But that's what I am getting at, whose to say that the media persuading a specific narrative intentionally targeting some of the jurors.  There's a fine line to this.  I get what the professionals are there for hired by the media.  But it goes deeper than that, kinda more into a psyop type of thing. 

More generally though the media is presenting a specific narrative to persuade people at all times.  Media aside, in "big" cases there are people who try to identify and persuade jurors if not bribe, extort, or threaten them.

• Truth 1

2 hours ago, Schnitzel said:

Don't jurors on high profile cases get sequestered to prevent this sort of thing?

Yes, In most cases. But who's to say that a juror wasn't persuaded by an outside force.  I mean as a juror, how could one argue that?  

Ugh bros. I'm sick. Gnarly head cold sick. This is wild. I haven't been sick since pre pandemic. The other day my neighbor made a stop by his restaurant and brought me a wad of cash for.... Anyway... I think that's the culprit. I forgot how dirty money is. I literally haven't touched a single dollar bill since 2020. 

1 hour ago, mr.yuck said:

Ugh bros. I'm sick. Gnarly head cold sick. This is wild. I haven't been sick since pre pandemic. The other day my neighbor made a stop by his restaurant and brought me a wad of cash for.... Anyway... I think that's the culprit. I forgot how dirty money is. I literally haven't touched a single dollar bill since 2020. 

If you don't want the cash, I'll take it off your hands.  I don't want to you get sick. 

Hope you feel better soon. 

• LOL! 1

Speaking of cash.  I was on the phone with my bank the other yesterday regarding zelle.  And as we were working through the issue.  A side conversation we were having was about cash apps and taxes.  The representative was telling me the government is finalizing regulation on these type of digital cash exchange services to get ready to tax.  So what's going to happen is the government is going to apply these tax burdens on the cash app businesses themselves instead of imposing them directly on individuals so it doesn't create more paper work for the irs.  But all this is what I was told, not sure if it's the real deal.  But I get the whole idea of avoiding additional paperwork for the irs, but I also see profits for cash apps companies to make a little more off the percentage increase for transaction fees too. 

Maybe a good time to buy stock in these companies?  Right now? Maybe right after fed makes an announcement?  

3 minutes ago, fat ralphy said:

@ndv I would think that the impending regulation would lead to the apps becoming less popular- watch those stocks drop.

Uncle Sam trying to get every fucking penny. 

I heard the same rumor at my barbershop and most of those dudes are app based payment. 

I completely agree with you on this. That's why I am thinking its going to be a good buy when they drop.  These apps will come back around though. People pay for convince.

Edit: small business will just offset these regulated costs but increasing prices. 

Edited by ndv
  • Truth 1

@ndvfrom what I was understand all of this tax shit is for business accounts only. I think it's assumed that all personal accounts is for gifts or pay backs between friends and family on pre taxed dollars. I run a bunch of shit through my personal cash app and tell people to put 'gift' in the memo line and then I'll send them a receipt through QuickBooks.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mr.yuck said:

@ndvfrom what I was understand all of this tax shit is for business accounts only. I think it's assumed that all personal accounts is for gifts or pay backs between friends and family on pre taxed dollars. I run a bunch of shit through my personal cash app and tell people to put 'gift' in the memo line and then I'll send them a receipt through QuickBooks.

This method here maybe why the government is considering regulation.  I don't know?  

• Truth 1

On 1/23/2023 at 7:03 PM, ndv said:

I am curious to know as I see this quite often mainly with pickups but never gave it much thought other than thinking it may just be an illusion.  But I seen this with the car below.  

See how the wheels look out of alignment?  

Is this because the frame is bent?  But if the frame is truly bent I suppose frames getting bent would be cause by accidents.  But not necessarily for pickups as over loading/healing can lead to pulling the frame out be a factor as well?  

20230121_094620.jpg

20230121_094642.jpg

20230121_094620(0).jpg

• Like 1
  • Props 1
  • LOL! 1

2 minutes ago, One Man Banned said:

That's the worst I've seen. Seriously.  Most of what I see is due to heavy loads being hauled around on a trailer.  All the torque from accelerating and braking puts a heavy strain on frames.  Unless if you get t-boned then you'll notice it if the frame is bent but the car has been totally restored. 

6 hours ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

Went to news to check out the Ohio train collision situation but no one was yapping about it. Bummer. Lolol. Guess I coulda made a thread but came over here instead. Word. 

I came across a pretty funny tweet thread about this the other day.  I'm gonna go look for it again to share here.

Here we go:

Edited by metronome
  • Like 1
  • Props 1