Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
abrasivesaint

Pass the Corona ese... Novel Corona aka COVID-19

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

23 hours ago, misteraven said:

Doubt half their population can afford a $20 mask.

Problem is there'd be an almost free emergency option if they didn't favor boys and the population was slightly more than 50% female. 

p1uqeh3p7wd41.thumb.jpg.024ebeaf52b12bf0372ffcd746f3b798.jpg

• LOL! 2

17 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Problem is there'd be an almost free emergency option if they didn't favor boys and the population was slightly more than 50% female. 

p1uqeh3p7wd41.thumb.jpg.024ebeaf52b12bf0372ffcd746f3b798.jpg

Smart. Bet is smells nicer too.

3 hours ago, misteraven said:

Smart. Bet is smells nicer too.

Bet it smells more like a dragon fart, than it does soy milk.

Forget what's been in it, and look who's been breathing into it.

• LOL! 1

I'm going to assume that the titty that sits in that cup isn't a pert, rounded bouncer either. Looking at dude, I'm picturing shriveled pancake with a nipple that looks like chewed gum. And I wish now that I wasn't.

• LOL! 1

Reminds me of a guy I saw riding a bike in Sydney once. They have compulsory helmet laws for cycling (I know...) and I rode past this dude with a plastic ice cream bucket on his head held on by an ocky strap. Dude was either Chinese or Vietnamese and by the shit eating grin on his face as he rode past, he knew exactly what he was doing and thought it hilarious.

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

Wuhan Coronavirus: A calculated attack at the global economy, or a semi unfounded theory i just came up with right now.. 

I’ll let the oontz decide. 

1017061901_CoronaVirusCrying.jpg.03f4b485a26b1c6d5c50fddb0ec92085.jpg

Insane photo of a doctor saying goodby to their spouse before shipping off to Wuhan to fight the virus. Kinda shows how real this is.

The news that's come out about how bad the Party has screwed this up is infuriating.

They don't seem to have learned fuck all, in terms of political management from their SARS experience.

I do not want the destruction of China, instability, chaos or poverty either. And that's why I would prefer the Party to fuck off into history.

You cats think the two party system govts are bad for self-perpetuating their fraud. They're amateurs compared to these cunts.

I don't see what's infuriating about it.  China's leadership does what China's leadership has ALWAYS been known to do.  When I think of infuriating I think of something that is a surprise, this is not surprising at all.  It will happen again about a different subject next time.  China's fucked and has been fucked for a long time.  I was JUST talking to my Chinese coworker about this 2 days ago and he was explaining that the government purposefully swept this under the rug because they were trying to have political meetings that they wanted the country "to look good for".  Political ricers, all show and no go.

• Truth 1

I’m honestly not trying to be a dick, but being “infuriated,” by definition, is valid. Surprise has nothing to do with the emotion itself. You can expect something and still be extremely angered. 

• Like 2

Sounds like things are heating up pretty good over there. Folks going missing, people setting fires to an infected victims building.. 

• Like 1

News surfacing that incubation period might be up to 1 month long and that you can be infected more than once.

Mass infections turning up in ROK and Iran.

Honestly, I think all bets are now off. I'm not lying when I say that tomorrow morning I start to stock up on relevant items.

The real risk is the panic.

• Like 1

@Hua GuofangYeah man, this is proving itself to be a far different animal than we've seen before. I'm not yet worried for me personally, but it seems unpredictable about what the next month looks like globally. 

I haven't seen the multiple infections detail--wondering how much that is affecting vaccine development? Yikes. 

Coronavirus: 'Narrowing window' to contain outbreak, WHO says

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-51591091

5 hours ago, Hua Guofang said:

News surfacing that incubation period might be up to 1 month long and that you can be infected more than once.

Mass infections turning up in ROK and Iran.

Honestly, I think all bets are now off. I'm not lying when I say that tomorrow morning I start to stock up on relevant items.

The real risk is the panic.

Ammo and shelf stable food?

6 hours ago, misteraven said:

Ammo and shelf stable food?

Food, water, iodine, filters, radio, portable solar panel, tarps, tie wire, screws, diarrhea tabs, disinfectant, etc.

It's a very low likelihood outcome but high consequence/impact. In Australia we can just shut the borders, but it's the public reaction that's the worry. Panic can come fast and make a real mess of things.

Other than Mercer's post and something I read this morning, this is the third time I am beginning to notice a common denominator.

https://nypost.com/2020/02/22/dont-buy-chinas-story-the-coronavirus-may-have-leaked-from-a-lab/amp/

Fact check nypost anyone?

@Hua Guofang

I hope the best for your Family and Friends and one can only hope they do not become effected.  God Speed to a strong immune system. 

1 hour ago, ndv said:

Other than Mercer's post and something I read this morning, this is the third time I am beginning to notice a common denominator.

https://nypost.com/2020/02/22/dont-buy-chinas-story-the-coronavirus-may-have-leaked-from-a-lab/amp/

Fact check nypost anyone?

@Hua Guofang

I hope the best for your Family and Friends and one can only hope they do not become effected.  God Speed to a strong immune system. 

That story has been going around since Dec 2019.

1 - nobody knows where it started yet

2 - it's possible it came from the lab in Wuhan but there is no evidence to support it

3 - there is evidence to support that it came from the wet market in Wuhan as the vast majority of the first people diagnosed with the virus either worked at the market or had recently been there. Secondly, we know that zoonotic infections like this have come from similar wet markets in China and animals that were also being sold in Wuhan (SARS Civets).

4 - some Chinese propaganda outlets are trying to shift the narrative to convince people that this came from the US. There is a stupid internet rumour going around that this was an American lab that had set up in China and secretly released the virus to attack China. Beijing seems to be trying to perpetuate that rumour to reduce and divert the heat that they are copping for fucking things up so badly.

If it starts moving uncontrolled in the cities you live in, wash/sanitise your hands constantly, wear a mask, don't touch the mask - if you do, sanitise your hands. Avoid areas where people congregate and do not buy into the panic.

• Props 1

On 2/23/2020 at 9:37 AM, Hua Guofang said:

It's a very low likelihood outcome but high consequence/impact. In Australia we can just shut the borders, but it's the public reaction that's the worry. Panic can come fast and make a real mess of things.

it's funny because I had this thought about 3 weeks ago.

I asked myself what if tomorrow they said "stay in your homes blah blah blah for next 14 days" or something weird like that and imagined the chaos.

Went and bought a big bunch of long life foods and tins etc.

got to the checkout and the lady was like "prepping for doomsday?"

lol, I deliberately went to the self serve aisle and paid cash.

First phase is when uncontrolled infections are detected outside of China, which has occurred in Iran, Italy and Korea. So on the weekend I bought stuff that was less expensive and will gradually get used in time so I'm not needlessly wasting money - some tinned food, toothpaste, peroxide, bulk dry noodles, bugoff, waterproof plastic bags, tie wire, cigarette lighters first aid stuff (diarrhea tabs, dressings, tape, worm tabs, betadine, saline, rehyd crystals, tape, sanitiser). Already have HDPE cubes for water, tent, bush mattress and other related bush kit.

Second phase will be if it spreads uncontrolled in the Mid East/India/Eastern Europe or Africa/South America. Then I buy portable solar panels, rechargers and batteries, appropriate radio, more food, petrol, new cold weather clothing for family, powdered milk, binoculars, steritabs, filters, distillation kit, etc.

Third phase is if developed countries begin closing borders. That's when I take the family camping for a while to see how this part of the country reacts.

I cannot see it getting past second phase. I think people will take China's lead and just lock themselves in doors and this will slow the spread giving the vaccine time to catch up. If panic does break out we will be fine and will overcome it.

On 2/22/2020 at 4:07 PM, Hua Guofang said:

Food, water, iodine, filters, radio, portable solar panel, tarps, tie wire, screws, diarrhea tabs, disinfectant, etc.

Was kidding (mostly).

As I've stated in other threads / discussions, people don't think twice about buying other types of insurance that are vastly more expensive. Find it weird some people will balk at having some basics at home / car / pack that are a one time purchase and generally pretty cheap in the long run. Can't prepare for everything, but pretty no brainer to have the ability to purify / store water, general first aid supplies and practical shit like tarps, wire or even particulate masks.

Since you're pretty informed on Asian stuff, perhaps you can remember or even speak on how the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear disaster was downplayed by media until it could no longer be so. At least in terms of the USA media, I remember having specific conversations with friends about how situations like that aren't considered out of control, right up until they are. That the radius for evacuation was hugely downplayed initially, it's impact on the environment was downplayed, etc. I remember conversations from people saying that it was stupid to run out and stock Potassium Iodide because if it was ever needed, the government had plenty on hand and would make sure you got some. Then we saw how it it was the usual cluster fuck government response. These used to cost a few dollars back before that even and are still way more expensive ever since, but the $15 or so is money well spent in my mind, versus hoping to the government comes through. Even if they did, imagine the shit show the distribution of it would be during such a scenario. Again, not really standard kit and not that you can prepare for everything, but considering a huge swath of the USA is paying up above $700 a month for health insurance they might rarely, if ever use, seems retarded to me to now have a solid emergency kit at home and in your car and to set aside a little money to replace the stuff that might expire every could years. Sure as fuck beats trying to track down an N95 mask (or better) only to find that they're sold out everywhere (even out here) or suddenly selling at 10x+ the usual cost.

Anyhow, its all paranoid right up until its not.

• Like 1