Pass the Corona ese... Novel Corona aka COVID-19

abrasivesaint

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I think it's more serious than some of us are giving it credit for. They're saying scar tissue in the lungs is common for people that don't die and that usually means limited activity for the rest of your life. So yeah maybe not dead instantly but you don't get to go do any physical activity. 

That's going to put a real damper on some of y'all's baitin activities. 

I hope everyone stays safe. 

34 minutes ago, Dirty_habiT said:

I think it's more serious than some of us are giving it credit for. They're saying scar tissue in the lungs is common for people that don't die and that usually means limited activity for the rest of your life. So yeah maybe not dead instantly but you don't get to go do any physical activity. 

Unintentional autoerotic asphyxiation 🤔

• LOL! 1

Apparently i work with a dude whose wife works at the retirement home in Louisiana that has had 3 cases of COVID-19. He brought her to the ER with a sore throat and has been working all day and even after dropping her off came up here to talk to people. So everyone may have been exposed, could also just be a sore throat.. 

Will keep posted about how shit unfurls; most people here are spazzing right now.  

The irony that i may be the first around here to be exposed is hilarious, haha..

@Kultsyou’ll be in charge if my euology. 

• Like 2

I mean i’m also the highest at risk being in the medical field..

Funny thing is nobody has hit the panic button yet in terms of management or higher ups, so i’m not too worried still. You would think if there was a real cause for concern in surgical staff that the panic button would be smashed real quick.  

edit: scratch that, management meeting just called. 

Edited by abrasivesaint
  • Like 1

So, 12 hours after my country locked down, everything is going real well and society is standing together and making this a joint effort. Food supplies are reported to be plenty, but still people panic and prep like crazy. Shutting down is the only way for everyone to isolate themselves, and this is the only way forward to slow the spreading down, and it will be a MUST in EVERY country around the world very soon. Brace yourself, itll happen to you too.

If you work in restaurant, hotel, tourism, entertainment, arts and many other fields, get ready for 0 business/income. For a long time. People will lose jobs, business of all sizes will go bankrupt. I already had this happen to MANY close friends.

Health wise, unless you break the spreading curve, you are looking at the biggest death-rate the modern world has ever seen. It might sound like its not that deadly, but that is only as long as you have functioning system, and when millions get sick at the same time... everything will stop to work as we know it.
Make sure you take care of your family, especially old people and immune compromised. make sure they can stay in isolation for some time. Dont have the grandparents do anything except laying low, dont have them babysit your kids.

But yeah apart from that, all good here!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Dirty_habiT said:

Where have you seen this? I’ve seen absolutely nothing that suggests this. 

8 hours ago, abrasivesaint said:

I mean i’m also the highest at risk being in the medical field..

Funny thing is nobody has hit the panic button yet in terms of management or higher ups, so i’m not too worried still. You would think if there was a real cause for concern in surgical staff that the panic button would be smashed real quick.  

edit: scratch that, management meeting just called. 

I don't think they "can" hit the panic button in your field because it's the last defense against longer term problems and death.  Can't have the workers freaking out and quitting/staying home.  Stay safe man.  Hopefully this all blows over soon and prepares us better for whatever comes next like it.

• Like 3

I recently did a job for a doctor. She was very candid with us about the virus. She said dont worry about stocking up on supplies. She said make sure you have enough money set aside to pay your bills for when things start to shut down. Also wash your hands regularly and dont touch your mouth.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Dirty_habiT said:

I don't think they "can" hit the panic button in your field because it's the last defense against longer term problems and death.  Can't have the workers freaking out and quitting/staying home.  Stay safe man.  Hopefully this all blows over soon and prepares us better for whatever comes next like it.

By hitting the panic button i meant they will test us all immediately and quarantine those exposed. Things in Italy may be at the point where they aren’t testing medical staff because they need “all hands on deck,” but here we still have that luxury, at the moment. Surgeries are still running. If someone in a sterile field has coronavirus there’s going to be some real issues.

People were already panicking and wanting to go home, some people were crying, people were pissed, some people were talking about beating the dudes ass who may have exposed us because of his irresponsibility. It got fairly messy quick like a scene from a movie, ha. 

Hospital staff is required to go to work during events like this, or get fired. If you’re sick, you’re sick, but there’s teams and protocols in place for situations like this and natural disasters, even shit like snow storms. If any sort of curfew does get implemented, state of emergency resulting in staying off the roads, ect.. medical staff are the only exceptions besides cops/emts/fire. It’s almost feels like having a key to the city, unless you look at it from an unfortunate perspective. 

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

41 minutes ago, Dirty_habiT said:

I’d take this with a grain of salt. It’s an “opinion piece” by a “doctor from western europe” who seems to be in a state of panic themselves. I mean not attaching their name is a cause for question, and the title alone is pretty sensationalist with “GOOD FOR YOU. NOW STOP KILLING PEOPLE.” 

I don’t know much about Italian healthcare, but i do know we have some of the best hospitals in the world in the US. I would wait and see if a more reputable medical organization releases some information like that before i’d worry about any issues of scar tissue.

If you showed me that article and could show me the apparent doctor who wrote it, i would not be a willing patient of theirs. 

Edited by abrasivesaint

5 minutes ago, misteraven said:

The scar tissue thing has been stated many times in many places. I've also seen mention of brain damage due to lock of oxygen. Seems both are by products and not direct results of the virus.

Where? I’ve yet to see it, unless i’ve completely overlooked it. 

Not saying it’s not possible, brain damage due to lack of oxygen is also obviously possible, i’m just not trusting that particular article. 

I’m supposed to leave with my family to Portugal tomorrow. The wife and I are going to breakfast to talk about it, Trump's bullshit ban has no real details, we're seeing what tourist attractions are closing, plus we're waiting on Air BnB to hopefully release waivers so we don't lose our money. I’m not scared of CV, I’m scared Lisbon attractions will be closed, and we may get quarantined returning.

My first trip to Europe in over a decade and of course it’s coming down to the wire, and Trump is interfering with my life.

59 minutes ago, Kults said:

Say goodbye to those if you ever get your medicare for all

I don’t necessarily believe in universal healthcare. I believe if you want to pay for your healthcare that should absolutely be an option, as it is now and is something i would most likely take part in. The people who can’t afford health insurance should have some form of basic coverage and not have to worry about being absolutely fucked by medical bills even worse than those of us who have health insurance. Massachusetts has a system like this and it seems to work just fine. There’s those of us with our own insurance and then there’s those on Mass Health. 

12 minutes ago, Drue_Down said:

I’m supposed to leave with my family to Portugal tomorrow. The wife and I are going to breakfast to talk about it, Trump's bullshit ban has no real details, we're seeing what tourist attractions are closing, plus we're waiting on Air BnB to hopefully release waivers so we don't lose our money. I’m not scared of CV, I’m scared Lisbon attractions will be closed, and we may get quarantined returning.

My first trip to Europe in over a decade and of course it’s coming down to the wire, and Trump is interfering with my life.

I wouldn't say it's "Trump's bullshit ban".  He's keeping other people from more infected countries from traveling here.  I think that's a smart thing.  I don't think it's "bullshit" because it gets in the way of some personal travel plans.  I'd be upset if this were getting in the way of plans I have..... but, it's for the better and it's selfish to think that someone should be able to go do whatever they want at the risk of exposing more people to a deadly virus.

ANY good president would have made the same decision..... we've had a lot of presidents previously that behaved in a manner consistent with a leader that doesn't like the people they're leading.... so this idea "seems foreign" to many people that have been given a pass to do whatever they've wanted in the past.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Dirty_habiT said:

I wouldn't say it's "Trump's bullshit ban".  He's keeping other people from more infected countries from traveling here.  I think that's a smart thing.  I don't think it's "bullshit" because it gets in the way of some personal travel plans.  I'd be upset if this were getting in the way of plans I have..... but, it's for the better and it's selfish to think that someone should be able to go do whatever they want at the risk of exposing more people to a deadly virus.

ANY good president would have made the same decision..... we've had a lot of presidents previously that behaved in a manner consistent with a leader that doesn't like the people they're leading.... so this idea "seems foreign" to many people that have been given a pass to do whatever they've wanted in the past.

FR. A week ago it was HuR dUhR oRaNgE mAn ComPlAcEnT only cares about the market. Now that hes taking action hes a jerk for it. He cant win with that crowd

E: I should specify, Im not calling anyone out here. Just the general anti trumpers

• Truth 1

9 minutes ago, Dirty_habiT said:

The doctor probably doesn't want to be named because his professional career is likely on the line for speaking candidly.

Also, it's easy to dismiss articles on the internet and news reports done by certain outlets.  I do it all the time :).

I don’t care what news source put out that article, it was written sensationally. They could have chosen to write it like a professional and keep it to facts and yet they chose to write an opinion. 

I have yet to see any further evidence of scar tissue and “4 months of rehabilitation.” The virus is just breaking the 4 month point since it’s discovery in December, so how does this doctor know the recovery process could be 4 months of rehab when they can barely even treat the virus? This doctor openly admits they’re drowning in an effort to contain and treat the patients, never mind work on rehabilitation. They’re speculating, and provided no evidence in their opinion of what COULD happen, maybe. 

Again, not saying it’s not a possibility, but there’s no evidence of those claims. Yet.  

4 minutes ago, abrasivesaint said:

I don’t care what news source put out that article, it was written sensationally. They could have chosen to write it like a professional and keep it to facts and yet they chose to write an opinion.

True but it does clearly identify itself as being editorial opinion and the subject itself is turning out to be pretty sensational. 

I'm the first to criticize the MSM, but this is turning out to be one of those moments where the hype is real.

• Like 2

That part i’m not and won’t dispute at all. I agree it’s getting very real out there. I mean i had an exposure scare a few hours ago and i’m still reminding myself that every weird feeling or noise my body might make isn’t necessarily COVID-19. And that the aches and pains in my legs and chest have been happening since the other day when i ran 4 miles for the first time in my life, haha. I could go in to work tonight and have that scare become a reality..

I even stocked up on some food items for long term purposes just in case a quarantine/shut down of some degree does take place. The water, rice, and toilet paper shelves were absolutely bare. The canned goods, pasta and cleaning supply shelves were on the low side. Many vitamins and supplements were also sold out.

What wasn’t on the low side was baby wipes. Fuck toilet paper i’m wiping my ass in class baby.  

Edited by abrasivesaint
  • Like 1