Pass the Corona ese... Novel Corona aka COVID-19

abrasivesaint

Near time tracker of confirmed cases: https://hub.jhu.edu/2020/01/23/coronavirus-outbreak-mapping-tool-649-em1-art1-dtd-health/

I find it hard to believe that there are no cases in Russia or Central Asia. I can only assume that they exist undiagnosed.

Unscroupulus folk in Australia (only seen pics of Chinese folk doing it) are buying out all stocks of surgical masks in Australia to price gouge on them in resale, should panic buying kick in.

I fucking hope it doesn't and these pieces of shit are left holding a bunch of stock that they cannot move.

• LOL! 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
17 hours ago, Hua Guofang said:

Unscroupulus folk in Australia (only seen pics of Chinese folk doing it) are buying out all stocks of surgical masks in Australia to price gouge on them in resale, should panic buying kick in.

What would be worse?

• No masks availiable because people panic hoarded the entire stock
  • or paying more but still having some of them availiable

Remember, if there's a massive demand for a limited supply, you can only choose one, and no matter what the situation is going to suck.

17 hours ago, Hua Guofang said:

I fucking hope it doesn't and these pieces of shit are left holding a bunch of stock that they cannot move.

This will be the most likely outcome, these items are fairly easy to mass produce quickly.

Edited by Mercer

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

I need to buy one for an airplane flight according to my mom & wife. I don't know about Australia, but surgical masks in public is something only an Asian can pull off in the U.S. Might have to get a lab coat, scrubs, and stethoscope to complete the look.

Nah, there some ninja looking masks out there these days. check here 

For real though, when flying and staying in big hotels, especially in dodgy places like China, Mexico, Philippines, Detroit, etc. it’s always good to pack a proper smoke hood and torch. That will give you 20-40 mins to get out of a smoke/gas filled environment, which is a much more likely scenario than getting corona’d. 

but still, take an N95 mask and hand sanitizer as well. 

5 minutes ago, Hua Guofang said:

Nah, there some ninja looking masks out there these days. check here 

For real though, when flying and staying in big hotels, especially in dodgy places like China, Mexico, Philippines, Detroit, etc. it’s always good to pack a proper smoke hood and torch. That will give you 20-40 mins to get out of a smoke/gas filled environment, which is a much more likely scenario than getting corona’d. 

but still, take an N95 mask and hand sanitizer as well. 

I LOL’d at Detroit being thrown in the mix. Not because you’re wrong, but because ya know, Detroit. 

This is why price gouging is superior, I'm sure somebody came in and scooped up the entire stock for next to nothing, and now they're slinging them for a profit or not even using them, just wanted to have a backup. Bet if they were $20 a piece people would only take what they needed.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-china-health-masks/beijing-drug-store-fined-434530-for-hiking-price-of-masks-idUSKBN1ZS07I?il=0&utm_source=reddit.com

Edited by Mercer

5 hours ago, Mercer said:

This is why price gouging is superior, I'm sure somebody came in and scooped up the entire stock for next to nothing, and now they're slinging them for a profit or not even using them, just wanted to have a backup. Bet if they were $20 a piece people would only take what they needed.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-china-health-masks/beijing-drug-store-fined-434530-for-hiking-price-of-masks-idUSKBN1ZS07I?il=0&utm_source=reddit.com

Doubt half their population can afford a $20 mask.

Reminds me of a guy I saw riding a bike in Sydney once. They have compulsory helmet laws for cycling (I know...) and I rode past this dude with a plastic ice cream bucket on his head held on by an ocky strap. Dude was either Chinese or Vietnamese and by the shit eating grin on his face as he rode past, he knew exactly what he was doing and thought it hilarious.

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

The news that's come out about how bad the Party has screwed this up is infuriating.

They don't seem to have learned fuck all, in terms of political management from their SARS experience.

I do not want the destruction of China, instability, chaos or poverty either. And that's why I would prefer the Party to fuck off into history.

You cats think the two party system govts are bad for self-perpetuating their fraud. They're amateurs compared to these cunts.

I don't see what's infuriating about it.  China's leadership does what China's leadership has ALWAYS been known to do.  When I think of infuriating I think of something that is a surprise, this is not surprising at all.  It will happen again about a different subject next time.  China's fucked and has been fucked for a long time.  I was JUST talking to my Chinese coworker about this 2 days ago and he was explaining that the government purposefully swept this under the rug because they were trying to have political meetings that they wanted the country "to look good for".  Political ricers, all show and no go.

• Truth 1