Cryptocurrency

CLICKCLACKONER

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

19 hours ago, abrasivesaint said:

What’s this ETH2 shit about? Just got some email from Coinbase talking about 7% APR if i switch my ETH over. 

Basically locks you into a long term hodl, 7% apr is an unbelievably good return, better than most other proof of stake cryptocurrencies. For someone who holds a lot of ETH this means you can just live off from the 7% returns and never need to cash out. Wouldn't recommend it for smaller balances, lower net worth investors because that may be needed as emergency funds going forward and will be inaccessible.

• Like 1
  • Props 1

I’m sure it’s buried throughout the pages, i’m just being lazy, but what do y’all use for your cryptos needs? 

I have a few apps on my phone i’ve used to dabble in a few things through the past couple years (Uphold, Cashapp, Coinbase, Robinhood, had Gemini and Crypto but never used em.) I know i read Mercer said he wouldn't put more than like 2k on Coinbase.. 

So what do y’all use? 

Edited by abrasivesaint
  • Truth 1

One of you guys that are more experienced with this should make a really short cliff notes guide on how to jump in the deep end with this shit and then how to learn more about it quickly that will benefit your decisions.

Right now, I feel like this thread is probably full of good info and discussion but it's far from distilled.  I haven't dedicated the time, personally, to trying to be an expert with crypto or stocks or any kind of "risky money situations".  I'd be much more likely to jump in if someone that knew a lot more were to make a short guide.

3 hours ago, Dirty_habiT said:

One of you guys that are more experienced with this should make a really short cliff notes guide on how to jump in the deep end with this shit and then how to learn more about it quickly that will benefit your decisions.

Right now, I feel like this thread is probably full of good info and discussion but it's far from distilled.  I haven't dedicated the time, personally, to trying to be an expert with crypto or stocks or any kind of "risky money situations".  I'd be much more likely to jump in if someone that knew a lot more were to make a short guide.

Mercer has contributed loads on this thread and on the one in Jekyll Island, definitely worth reading through both threads.

Loads of gems.

I'm barely out of noob status myself but really the quickest way to start learning is to involve some of your own cash.

You don't need to know everything before you start and putting your money at risk will help you pay attention:

1. Download a trusted app (I use Binance). Crypto exchanges work exactly like any foreign currency exchange does.

2. Buy a little bit of ETH & BTC to start. I dunno your circumstances but start low, say $50-100. Whatever number you are comfortable with but will still keep you interested.

3. Look back at how much that money would be worth now if you invested a year ago and kick yourself for not starting earlier

4. Realise that it's ok to join the party late and we are (probably) nowhere near the pinnacle

5. Learn what a blockchain is (video below) and do some research on different types of wallets:

https://stellabelle.medium.com/cold-wallet-vs-hot-wallet-whats-the-difference-a00d872aa6b1

7. Come back here and ask questions

8. Scammers are everywhere and are super crafty. Don't share any information with anyone until you know exactly what you're sharing. Don;t save stuff online, don;t screen shot keys etc. 

Alright Oontz.  It's been on my mind for a while now amd I am seriously debating this.  So basically the SBA will offer me a loan of up to 150k.  If I do this I am going to go all in with crypto.  

Basically I wanna flip the btc or any good crypto in to hella profit to were I can pay the loan off at once and do it in less than a year but still make money.  

@Mercer I wanna stick it to the man so to speak. I mean if they wanna give me their shitcoin and I can really put my mind to it, I'd like to flip it.   What are your thoughts?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, abrasivesaint said:

@poesi’ve heard a few others say they used Binance and have no complaints. I went looking for it before, but the way the app looks in the store looks like a AT&T advertisement or some shit and i was unsure, haha.. is this it? 

0FA7FCA2-485D-4A96-B1FD-3D5D0A6CEA28.jpeg

Just looked up binance and read nothing but terrible reviews. Is this just internet fags being over critical of the thing? Does anyone have any practical experience with it justifying complaints of lost money during funding from bank accounts and non existent customer service?

@poes

Edited by mr.yuck

38 minutes ago, mr.yuck said:

Just looked up binance and read nothing but terrible reviews. Is this just internet fags being over critical of the thing? Does anyone have any practical experience with it justifying complaints of lost money during funding from bank accounts and non existent customer service?

@poes

It’s the biggest exchange in the world and has low fees and carries almost every currency, 99.9% transactions are issue free but they process a fuck load and no doubt fuck up sometimes. 

none of the exchanges are perfect and I think non-existent customer service is the norm. 

ive only had some minor issues with delays on transferring funds that sorted themselves out in a day or two. 

check out coinbase, coinbase pro, bitterex, Gemini etc but sure they will have similar issues. 

it’s the Wild West out here. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ndv said:

Alright Oontz.  It's been on my mind for a while now amd I am seriously debating this.  So basically the SBA will offer me a loan of up to 150k.  If I do this I am going to go all in with crypto.  

Basically I wanna flip the btc or any good crypto in to hella profit to were I can pay the loan off at once and do it in less than a year but still make money.  

@Mercer I wanna stick it to the man so to speak. I mean if they wanna give me their shitcoin and I can really put my mind to it, I'd like to flip it.   What are your thoughts?

Not financial advice, but....

1. You could be fucking yourself really bad here, so prepare yourself now before you pull the trigger for the worst case. Be ready to pay back the loan by making payments from your job income, as opposed to assuming crypto profits will cover paying it back. You could buy $150k worth of crypto and the next day you've got $75K and payment is due. This shit goes down in price too, unexpectedly. If you can't cover this loan out of pocket with your current income/expenses I don't recommend it.

2. Spread the initial buy out over multiple exchanges, stay under 10k per deposit/bank transfer, and 20k per year max into any single exchange. I'd suggest using wifey's credentials so you can open 2 Coinbase accounts, 2 Gemini's, etc. You'll also do yourself a favor by using multiple crypto friendly banks/accounts. Also, no need to go all in right away, dollar cost averaging in over time will make you less of an IRS target and help reduce overall risk slightly.

3. This type of move is a true fucking yolo, you could make it out the other side of this financially independent if you're smart. There will come a time within the next year or so when the price drops so much it looks like it's over, do not fucking panic sell at the bottom. For sure this is going to happen, it's hard to have faith during these massive dips, but you have to be able to HODL through that shit. Any approach outside of the absolute most disciplined diamond hands and you'll be making a huge mistake.

4. Truth be told, I should be telling you not to do this, any responsible person would tell you it's a bad idea and they'd be right. I'm kind of retarded though. I can't pull this off for myself, and not recommend other's do the same shit I did, and risk it all betting against this bullshit system I'm watching crumble live.

• Like 3