Cryptocurrency

CLICKCLACKONER

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
6 minutes ago, abrasivesaint said:

First thing when i woke up was checked cryptos. Fought the panic button on Bitcoin for a moment and told myself to look at the “buy more” button instead, haha. 

Most difficult part of buying low, selling high. It's already bouncing.

• Props 2

Truth. It was legit the first thing i did this morning, for whatever reason, my eyes were barely open and my brain went

“oh fuck!

...No.. no.. don't do it dummy.” 

Edit: also have to remind myself sometimes that the more money you have invested in stocks/cryptos, the worse it looks on your numbers when it dips, even though it’s dipping the same percentages. 

Edited by abrasivesaint

It's also tied to your scope of concern. Most people out of habit process financial concerns in time cycles tied to their pay periods, paydays at their jobs. People responsible enough to pay rent, and bills larger than a single paycheck process financial concerns monthly. When you take the step to think ahead a year, or in some cases years in advance, you still naturally process a loss of a mortgage payment/rent in the monthly portion of the brain, distorting it's significance.

To make things worse there's also a bias where we disproportionately weigh concerns over negative results, like a dip, heavier than you weigh the exact same positive results, like a price spike. Regardless of what people say with their mouths, this is the real reason most people won't invest. It's scary, counterintuitive shit and crypto is literally like a rollercoaster.

The reassuring thing is that in reality, It's price has been rising exponentially for the last 12 years of it's existence. Everyone who's held for 4 years or more has added digits to their net worth, and the technology is still early in it's adoption/implementation.

• Like 1
  • Props 1

59 minutes ago, abrasivesaint said:

Damn, cant have Binance in the US? Need that specific .us version? 

Ya boys just trying to throw a couple bucks into coins he knows nothing about like Fanthom. 

You can. You just have to register on the u.s. site and then log in thru the app. I just signed up the other day.

• Like 1

I am sure at this point there has to be some type of offshore crypto wallet/exchange going in.  I mean with the deep/dark web, VPN, and all I would suspect there's ways around all of this. 

Idk, maybe it's time for me to learn code and software engineering, then go underground and get really deep in the deep web.  

Do you guys fuck with other stuff at all, or mostly Bit and Eth? I think i remember seeing @Mercersaying he used to throw money into other coins, I believe i saw @KILZ FILLZtalking about Cardano recently, just curious if y’all dabble or mostly just dump it into those 2?

I’ve thrown a few bucks into Cardano, Lite, Bit Cash.. i fucked with XRP and BAT in the past but not anymore. But there’s a couple others that catch my eye at times. Solana and Fantom currently, for instance. 

Edited by abrasivesaint

23 hours ago, ndv said:

I am sure at this point there has to be some type of offshore crypto wallet/exchange going in.  I mean with the deep/dark web, VPN, and all I would suspect there's ways around all of this. 

Idk, maybe it's time for me to learn code and software engineering, then go underground and get really deep in the deep web.  

Same. 

On 2/23/2021 at 11:11 AM, abrasivesaint said:

Do you guys fuck with other stuff at all, or mostly Bit and Eth? I think i remember seeing @Mercersaying he used to throw money into other coins, I believe i saw @KILZ FILLZtalking about Cardano recently, just curious if y’all dabble or mostly just dump it into those 2?

I’ve thrown a few bucks into Cardano, Lite, Bit Cash.. i fucked with XRP and BAT in the past but not anymore. But there’s a couple others that catch my eye at times. Solana and Fantom currently, for instance. 

Have some BAT in brave I need to extract and an LTC transaction from the dip this week that’s pending, but this is what I’m working with

66FE4E30-B260-4EA6-A86C-7FB5D5D6D37A.jpeg

• Props 1

11 hours ago, Mercer said:

Haven't changed my position since June other than a couple of minor BTC spends on Overstock.

Thinking of moving some out of ETH, and scooping more ADA, and BTC. DOT looking sexier than a motherfucker too might have to research it a little more.

Was looking at DOT too

first ADA contracts went live yesterday. Plan to scoop some up soon while it’s still where it’s at

3 hours ago, abrasivesaint said:

Just downloaded Exodus. I thought i had already but it seems i had not. Haven’t dropped any money in yet but based on appearance seems nicer than some of these others I’ve tried/have. 

I like it. Both the desktop and mobile.

Just do your trades somewhere else if you can and just use exodus for storage. The fees to trade within exodus have been high for me. Being able to buy btc directly within the wallet with Apple Pay then trade to another coin also within the wallet is really convenient through...

23 hours ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

Was looking at DOT too

first ADA contracts went live yesterday. Plan to scoop some up soon while it’s still where it’s at

More importantly Cardano's blockchain is now a fully decentralized, meaning Coinbase (or any other regulated exchange) has a green light to list ADA in the United States if they wanted to. Watch for more price action the closer we get to an announcement. That's why the whales aren't dumping it (yet) they're probably thinking buy the rumor, sell the news. This also puts DOT and ADA in a place where they can expand their ecosystem rapidly during  time when ETH's fee's are out of control. I'm having trouble choosing what to sell to take some profits from, long term all this shit is promising and ETH looks like it's going to implement ZK rollup tech soon to help reduce gas fee's drastically.

• Truth 1
  • Props 1

On 2/25/2021 at 2:13 PM, KILZ FILLZ said:

I like it. Both the desktop and mobile.

Just do your trades somewhere else if you can and just use exodus for storage. The fees to trade within exodus have been high for me. Being able to buy btc directly within the wallet with Apple Pay then trade to another coin also within the wallet is really convenient through...

I currently have some ADA in Uphold, would y’all transfer to Exodus, or just leave it? Can I/how the hell would i even do that? I assume the wallet address but that didnt bring me to anything i was thinking it would. 

30 minutes ago, abrasivesaint said:

I currently have some ADA in Uphold, would y’all transfer to Exodus, or just leave it? Can I/how the hell would i even do that? I assume the wallet address but that didnt bring me to anything i was thinking it would. 

Send to exodus and then stake it

you can earn “interest” on your ADA by staking it

• Truth 1