Anonymous threaten to expose cartel's secrets

xoXox

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/article/Online-hackers-threaten-to-expose-cartel-s-secrets-2242068.php?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+houstonchronicle%2Ftopheadlines+%28chron.com+-+Top+Stories%29

Apparently one of their members was kidnapped. Didnt see this posted

An international group of online hackers is warning a Mexican drug cartel to release one of its members, kidnapped from a street protest, or it will publish the identities and addresses of the syndicate's associates, from corrupt police to taxi drivers, as well as reveal the syndicates' businesses.

The vow is a bizarre cyber twist to Mexico's ongoing drug war, as a group that has no guns is squaring off against the Zetas, a cartel blamed for thousands of deaths as well as introducing beheadings and other frightening brutality.

"You made a huge mistake by taking one of us. Release him," says a masked man in a video posted online on behalf of the group, Anonymous.

"We cannot defend ourselves with a weapon … but we can do this with their cars, homes, bars, brothels and everything else in their possession," says the man, who is wearing a suit and tie.

"It won't be difficult; we all know who they are and where they are located," says the man, who underlines the group's international ties by speaking Spanish with the accent of a Spaniard while using Mexican slang.

He also implies that the group will expose mainstream journalists who are somehow in cahoots with the Zetas by writing negative articles about the military, the country's biggest fist in the drug war.

"We demand his release," says the Anonymous spokesman, who is wearing a mask like the one worn by the shadowy revolutionary character in the movie V for Vendetta, which came out in 2006. "If anything happens to him, you sons of (expletive) will always remember this upcoming November 5."

The person reportedly kidnapped is not named, and the video does not share information about the kidnapping other than that it occurred in the Mexican state of Veracruz during a street protest.

Anonymous draws its roots from an online forum dedicated to bringing sensitive government documents and other material to light.

If Anonymous can make good on its threats to publish names, it will "most certainly" lead to more deaths and could leave bloggers and others open to reprisal attacks by the cartel, contends Stratfor, an Austin-based global intelligence company.

"In this viral world on the Internet, it shows how much damage could be done with just one statement on the Web," said Fred Burton of Stratfor, which published a report Friday that probes the implications of the cartel drawing the activists' ire.

Mike Vigil, the retired head of international operations for the Drug Enforcement Administration, said the Zetas must take Anonymous seriously.

"It is a gutsy move," Vigil said. "By publishing the names, they identify them to rivals, and trust me, they will go after them."

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah anon will receive their friend in one piece........................... ;)

LOL,,,,,,, Mehicanos dont use computers. Im pretty sure the zetas have all there info on a floppy disk just for the taking. And anon is fucking gai, what the hell are they going to do troll them till their friend is returned. Sucks their friend was kidnapped tho, being on anon is risky biz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They are starting to over do it now.

The Zetas has no mercy, and will probally cut his head off on youtube....

They fucking with some niggas who dont give a fuck.....plus Mexicans know who is corrupt, it's not a secret to the locals...[/color][/b]

/thread/propped

anon is gay. they hacked psn and i was like the fuck? one day one of you guys will get it. and the zetas answerd my prayers.

This is kind of hilarious and mind numbingly stupid.

It's not like some corrupt public official is going to shoot himself in his office for having a his name put out there. The leaders of Los Zetas aren't gonna twirl their mustaches on some "we would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for those meddling kids!"

No. I understand they are using what they know to get their boy back, but this isn't white collar crime or questionable government tactics in the United States. I feel like the liklihood of the cartel releasing dude in the first place was slim, but now it's entered body in the suitcase, head in the carry on territory.

Basically, what everyone has already said.

hahhahahah yea that pretty much sums up how i picture mexicans. Girl pants silly and pink pointy shoes. Chamacos

No patience for them cartel fucks but i guess psychopaths will do as psychopaths do. As long as they keep the cola and the tamales flowing north im willing to ignore the beheadings i suppose

I'm anxious to see what's gonna happen. Being from Houston it's not too rare to hear shit that might reached around the corner locally.

Homeboys in border towns down south always telling me about something or someone who wants to get back at them. Zetas are running shit basically but they're not the only ones strapped. Yea they're major and heavy but it doesn't mean their people aren't vulnerable.

Like dude said there are people out there who are gonna after them. I hope so. A girl I was into for a while, her brother, was in shit with them cuz they said he claimed something he didn't. So dude basically had to runaway and start a new life away from his fam.

Fuck 'em. Alotta ya'll white people can go back to fucking new zealand, norway and ireland to visit 'your roots.' I'll never be able to casually check out mexico or family's old land cuz the Zeta's will kill for absolutely no reason. Shit..

• Like 1