Mosquito Disappreciation Thread

Suber Giraffe

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

contrary to popular belief mosquitos do not actually sting you, i remember watching PBS as a kid and saw how mosquitos acquire blood.

they spit out a secretion onto your skin which numbs it and at the same time it has an anti blood coagulate preventing blood from clotting at the surface, (prevents a clot like when you get a cut it bleeds and eventually stops) blood rushes to the area where the mosquito spits bc the initial skin response floods the area w blood. then the blood comes out of the surface the mosquito sucks everything up spit included the spit has an anesthetic which becomes itchy when it wears off.

when i was a little kid about 5 i asked my mom

"why would god make mosquitos?"

i fucking hate these pieces of shit

disregard stinging

acquire blood through weird gross spit

I was always under the impression that they did penetrate the skin and that is when they also injected the anti-coagulant. If they didn't inject and sucked up everything when they left who would they then pass on all their diseases such as malaria, Ross River Virus, Dengue, Jap enceph, etc.....?

Mosquito_mouthparts.jpg

There is some new patch that lets your body soak up B-12 ... it over loads your body with it and apparently works to repel those cock sucking little fuckers. Your body just pisses out the extra b-12, but I would much rather wear a patch and deter them inside out so to speak. Spraying a chemical (deet) which is very bad for you and wears off in no time, ive tried too many brands with different levels of deet and none of that shit works. 30% you think would do the trick but it doesnt. I hate Mosquitos like I hate schmaids.

• Like 1