MONGO FOOTED

John Basegow

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when people can push with both feet perfectly, it really starts to blur the lines between switch and regular.

I only ever use Mongo as a utility ... skating several miles ... trade off the muscle wear.

Only pro's from the 90's still do this, new jacks got it right.

The best way to see if a trick was regs or switch is the center of balance.

If your ass is forward its switch, when its back its regs.

matt-b-switch-ollie.jpg

Switch: ass forward.

skating just looks so fucking gay now.

get the board, get all the acessories, have your ipod in one ear, hat just so, tight jeans (which i believe are better for skating in.), backpack on new shoes etc

whatever happened to dudes ripping? good carves in bowls, nice grinds and being fucking balls out? hard agro skating rather than 10 dudes in a circle doing kickflips at 2 mph ( which is all I ever see these days.

still it's been 19 years since I skated so I most likely don't know shit.

I heard that skating goofy makes flip tricks easier. idk just what some kid told me

What are you 9? Air Jordan's make you jump higher too.

Chris Cole pushed mongo up until around the time he got on World Industries.

True story.

And Bill Danforth STILL pushes Mongo.

/nm

Yeah he did, but it still looked stupid no matter how badass the tricks he pulled off were.

As for Danforth...old dog, new tricks, blah...

the thing with mongo besides looking silly is that you use the same front foot to push and do flip tricks leaving the back foot almost useless except to tap the tail. plus on top of that your back foot while pushing mongo isn't ready to tap the tail till the front foot is back on the board so you can reposition the back foot to tap the tail. I see this as a waste. Its just far more practical to skate goofy/regular for the most part. unless down the road when the person is more experienced, switch comes into play.