Your Art Thread

Hayabusa

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

pretty much the same way i got into graff when i was a kid. saw someone else's work and thought "I'm going to do that my way". most of the jewelers that inspired me originally were wire wrappers, but i never really got into doing that since there were none around my area to learn from. here's a piece from the first wire wrapper i knew of: http://www.MetalWorkers.org/Gal8842_Masterpiece_2009.asp

Critique of 12oz Members' Artwork Outside of the Graff Realm:

(Decy- you said any crit was welcome...)

DECYFERON~Have you considered the use of strategic gradient shading (ebony pencil/B6) which would create a deeper sense of organic volume {not necessarily a vast spatial perspective, but a technique to make images, such as skull & other elements, "pop" more, increasing intensity)

~Some artists thought you may find interesting/inspiring...

POSADA (Mexican) revolutionary b/w drawings/prints or woodcuts?)

SUE COE (British) politcal activist artist, powerful, haunting imagery

*SETH TOBOCMAN WW3 Political Posters/Illustrations w/Peter Kuper et al NYC 80s-90s)

9a75a1f6.jpga0a531f4.jpg 9fbdf88d.jpg

WW3 mags/comics used black coated sheets that can be drawn/scratched into w/tool or xacto to create a striking b/w image, dramatic lino block print appearance, but cheaper & easier. Might work real well for you.

since the spambots union jacked this thread up

damn, nice page so far. groyn those look cool on wood

304806_1970012617956_1472190101_31537664_701044300_n.jpg

here's a kurt vonnegut portrait

for real, would you sell this? pm me if so. if would love to be able to give this as a gift to someone who would love it...

slacked off of painting for months

here was some warm ups and then a shitty photo of a mediocre portrait. woo

un-1.jpg

twoer.jpg

• Like 1

New nickel silver piece with some faceted stones and a cabochon.

IMG_0151.jpg

IMG_0156.jpg

Found your work very intriguing & discover new, subtle nuances with every view...(thought the 1st one I saw was a gun barrel cause of the view/angle, ha)

Did you study industrial design leading toward jewelry or vice versa...neither? self-taught? Are the chains hand-made as well?

My first impression was of sensual stones/pleasurable & relating to female anatomy...soft against hard texture of metal. They're quite beautiful & special. Do you create pieces for both sexes or mainly men?

How long have you been working in this media & is it a series project?

How do you photograph them? Macro lens? Only just learning basics of digital photo & it makes me crazy (pissed off & annoyed mostly).

Look forward to seeing more of your work. Thanks.

Never made/studied jewelry design myself...got my MFA in painting & drawing, but did a lot of b/w photography & some wood/marble sculpture.

Collect a lot of jewelry myself, from delicate antique heirloom pieces, big chunky bracelets to a variety of cultural designs: ethnic symbols & motifs, beads etc (thanks to my parents' extensive world travels) & great gifts.