Your Art Thread

Hayabusa

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Thanks for the critique ShortFuse ive got the same for a couple other people about the straight jacks foot and the naked gooses foot lol but i can see her need that your talken about... but as i paint as fast as i do and never go back to a painting it doesnt really bother me that some shit is off.. i just try to pick out the things i think people will want to critique and fix them in the 5-7 hours it takes me to paint them .. here is 2 more i did to end 2011 but i jsut saw your critique today though i mighta fixed the rats its hennys right shin to make it thinner it looks thick to me.. lol

"Lucky You" 12-30-2011

acrylics 50" by 30"

lucky_you_painting_by_nomak_gfk-d4kxww9.jpg

"Rat's Its Henny" 12-31-2011

Acrylics 50" by 30"

rats_its_hennesy_by_nomak_gfk-d4kxvsv.jpg

Painted back to back had to end 2011 with a couple pieces..

I really like what your doing Nomaq, You certainly can use paint, The comments by the other's on here I will agree with, I admire your ability to paint fast, man it takes me an age these days, I used to paint fast...Anyway I agree that Oils might be good for you, but acrylics are fine to some extent.. Just I find I need to paint many layers of colour and glaze on top very similar to how I painted in oils to get a decent finish with them. When I look at your work you can see its acrylic paint, They don't have that same quality oils have, Colours tend to look washed out compared to oils. I reckon if you where to paint in oils esp as you paint fast you'd surprise yourself, I think your paintings would look much better, your style would suit oil paint..You could always paint undercoats of colour in acrylics, then paint oils on top..

Saying that its not always practical to use oils, due to solvents, slow drying times, they can be messy when you got no room/studio etc.. etc..

I've not used oils in 8-9 years, due to the reasons above. But I'm finding its taking me longer to paint a painting ironical in acrylics than when I was using oils..Due to the washed out semi transparent nature of them, so I'm having to build up more layers of colour to get the effect I'm after..

I'm going to see if more expensive acrylics are better, or go back to oils and use quick drying mediums like liquin. Though slow drying is not always a bad thing too..

Just a little tip, add small amounts of green, brown and blue to your skin tones, I think they could add a little extra depth to the paintings, just experiment, with greys to your normal palette, /skin tones..just an idea..

As with anatomy maybe you could join some life drawing classes local to you, Infact next week me and a crew member of mine, are going to start life drawing, at some classes where we live.. Its a shame its not tought much in art schools these days, Because I think that having an ability to draw human anatomy is key and an important foundation to other art forms even graff, its gives you confidence, You can't never stop learning..I think you'd pick it up really quick too..I'm pretty rusty and not to good, so badly need them, also drawing or painting from life will give your work much more depth than from photos..

Anyway I wish you luck, your certainly gifted..

Also I'm not sure if you know this guy, Some of his work reminds me of yours, He uses both oils and acrylics..

http://www.sdbarber.com/

This video is good, about glazing techniques..

I look forward to seeing more of your work in the future..

Nice one..

PS Nover Them drawings are dope man..

pZ..

Preciate that well thought critique skroez!

I went to the art institue of atlanta for 3 years and had a lots of life drawing experience nothing but nakedness. And nothing i cant get my girl to do. I hate seeing life drawing sketches because everyone does it. Its so fucking typical its not even right. I mean ive done enuff life drawing and life painting in my day to know anatomy and depth to pull off a decent painting i would think. But seeing someones portfolio with a live nude painting in it or like some one sitting lookin off in the mist screams newb and artschool .***

Ive taken my own photos before just havent put any together to paint yet. Which is another step that wanna try to set me apart.

But yea ive gotten the i should do more live painting from someone else who was still in school for fine art and all his work was life drawings lol smh***

Ive been working on my skin tones since last year just really actually started to study them. Your blue greens idea sounds fuckin awesome ill add that . And i use to use Golden open acrylics which is a slow drying acrylic like oils . Thats why in person my work looks more oily. these last like 8 pieces are done with cheap walmart apple barrel and folk art shit that i mix gloss mediums and thinners with to get the colors i want.***

And the reason for me not using oils besides the hella slow drying time and prices and shit is the risks. I have a 2 year old that wants to be like daddy so see sneaks in my studio and wrecks shit and oils have to much chemicals and harmful shit over the long run. Anyways He painted on the face of one of my pieces that now i dont want to fix so its trash lol .***

But yea golden open acrylics is the closes ill ever get to oils. But agian its pricey so no time soon lol ill leep trying my best to keep these cheap acrylics to look more and more like oils.***

Is that link of shawn barber? I cant click it cause im on my phone. But yea i know of him he's a beast with oils. Also have u heard of sabastian kruger? Dude uses all acrylics. So when you think about goin back to oils and dying just check him out lol i dont think anyone has told him he needs to add depth lol. Plus shawn barber has blown depth up anyone caught painting multiple hands or arms or faces obviouly got it from him lol***

Anyways im trying to be more of a kruger then a barber . If i was to goto any workshop it would be a kruger. Dude set the bar high.

Anyways preciate the talk ill work more on my anatomy! And skintones!***

nomaq my gripe has always been that you use far too much white other than that its always pretty solid, i am at times envious of your skin tones.

heres some drawings from shit i saw on the internet and used for subject matter..oh the plagarism. anyway theres no link between her and the tiger before anyone states the tiger shows some sort of fierce yet beatiful side blah blah i like being rough these days. prison rough.

marilynandtiger.jpg

also can i get some dicks shipped my way. i dont do stickers but cocks with zimaframes make me laugh.

Preciate that well thought critique skroez!

I went to the art institue of atlanta for 3 years and had a lots of life drawing experience nothing but nakedness. And nothing i cant get my girl to do. I hate seeing life drawing sketches because everyone does it. Its so fucking typical its not even right. I mean ive done enuff life drawing and life painting in my day to know anatomy and depth to pull off a decent painting i would think. But seeing someones portfolio with a live nude painting in it or like some one sitting lookin off in the mist screams newb and artschool .***

Ive taken my own photos before just havent put any together to paint yet. Which is another step that wanna try to set me apart.

But yea ive gotten the i should do more live painting from someone else who was still in school for fine art and all his work was life drawings lol smh***

Ive been working on my skin tones since last year just really actually started to study them. Your blue greens idea sounds fuckin awesome ill add that . And i use to use Golden open acrylics which is a slow drying acrylic like oils . Thats why in person my work looks more oily. these last like 8 pieces are done with cheap walmart apple barrel and folk art shit that i mix gloss mediums and thinners with to get the colors i want.***

And the reason for me not using oils besides the hella slow drying time and prices and shit is the risks. I have a 2 year old that wants to be like daddy so see sneaks in my studio and wrecks shit and oils have to much chemicals and harmful shit over the long run. Anyways He painted on the face of one of my pieces that now i dont want to fix so its trash lol .***

But yea golden open acrylics is the closes ill ever get to oils. But agian its pricey so no time soon lol ill leep trying my best to keep these cheap acrylics to look more and more like oils.***

Is that link of shawn barber? I cant click it cause im on my phone. But yea i know of him he's a beast with oils. Also have u heard of sabastian kruger? Dude uses all acrylics. So when you think about goin back to oils and dying just check him out lol i dont think anyone has told him he needs to add depth lol. Plus shawn barber has blown depth up anyone caught painting multiple hands or arms or faces obviouly got it from him lol***

Anyways im trying to be more of a kruger then a barber . If i was to goto any workshop it would be a kruger. Dude set the bar high.

Anyways preciate the talk ill work more on my anatomy! And skintones!***

Cool mate, Sorry for the delay in replying, Sounds like you know where your at man, Props..Cant fault you..I guess you've answered all my questions basically..

You say you studied art in Atlanta, I'm from the U.K, but used to write to a girl from GA, She was from a place called Eatonton, and went to GMC, This was years back before computers where on the scene....

Anyways Thats a differnt story.. As I said seems you know where your at with everything, cant flault you, Just keep doing what you do best man, I do like your work lots, I admire your passion too..I've been finding it hard to get motivated with painting due to health reasons and I bit of art/painting block, you know when you cant get your shit together..Though Strangely I'm drawing lots, I'm sketching ideas for paintings, Infact I've been drawing more lately than I ever had for years, like I'm making up for lost time.. its just getting motivated to paint these ideas I have problems with ATM...

Hopefully it will pass when I start my treatment, etc.. and its always good to check here and other places to see and get inspired by what other people are doing..

I'm glad that your happy to experiment with greens, blues, browns, and greys in your skin tones. Just mix up your skin tones, say white, red or brown/yellow, then add touches of green, blue, grey, just play with these mixes on your palette, adding more colour or less etc, You know the Idea, Its surprising the hues and shades you come out with.

I think its something to do with blood under your skin, That has a green/blue tint in your body, but blood turns to red when its exposed to the oxygen, outside your body in the air, all near your skin, that's why your veins look blue under or skin, esp near your wrists..

And your veins are returning blood that's depleted of oxygen to your heart,..

I'm not sure if there truth in it, but I've found that mixing bluey-greys to skin tones adds something extra than just more browns, esp with male faces when painting the stubble area..

Anyways Nice one Looking forward to what you do next..I'm feeling that painting at the top of this page..

There is great work in this section, by everyone to this thread, to the Abstract thread, Drawing etc, Really great work here..

Cool...I'll post some things up soon man..

In fact its about a good time as any to paint something now..

Nice one..

Regards..