Your Art Thread

Hayabusa

"..." those drawings are siiiick.

trying to figure out how to make this girl pop off the background...color...pattern...color pattern?

I am visually struggling with the fact the teeth under hole in her cheek are drawn from a flat perspective despite the angle her head is tilted at.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Just a basic vector so far. Doing a lil 2 piece thing for my girl. A day and night thing with the eiffel tower. I know you see eiffel crap everywhere these days but shes french african so yeah it isnt cheezy for her lol. Was going to stencil the whole thing but I figured I could probably do more and do a better job if I vectored it and just had it printed... is that a cop out? Anyone know of good dependable printer companies?

eiffelr.jpg

I use Fireworks. Its the one program I started with back in the day with Macromedia and i just never switched. I was looking to print on MDF board but they just want too much money and most places are in the UK. So I dunno what to do, might just get a nice print and mount it to a panel.

The eiffel tower was a pain....

So, it's official. We are opening a gallery in Portland in January. I have the 1st couple months all filled up but I know that I'll be running short of quality local talent soon. Would it make sense to ask you guys if you would be interested in doing some group shows?

Hi again ...

"Jimi Hendrix 2011"

Acrylics 50" by 30"

jimihendrixs.jpg

"Naked Goose"

Acrylicsd51" by 30"

naked_goose_by_nomak_gfk-d4i8bb3.jpg

"Swagger Size me"

Acrylics 50" by 30"

swagger_size_me_by_nomak_gfk-d4hvpfg.jpg

"Fairies Love Jack"

Acrylics 50" by 30"

fairies_love_jack_2011_by_nomak_gfk-d4hloc3.jpg

"Straight Jack, No Cup"

Acrylics 50" by 30"

straight_jack_print_by_nomak_gfk-d4fuu4k.jpg

"Jager Time"

Acrylics 50" by 30"

jagertime1.jpg

ALL THE ORIGINALS ALREADY SOLD.... Besides "Swagger Size Me" cause i dont wanna sell that for some reason.. Only Prints for everything

I mean those paintings look good, but the grey goose one gets me bad. The right knee cap is going way the wrong way and the left foot looks like a club foot, not to mention the curl of the right foot just doesnt flow right at all. The hand of JImi on the neck of the guitar looks like ETs hand. The "straight up jack no cup" foot is just off. The foot dives down then jets out, plus the foot is so thick then it just curves and disappears near the hand but in no way matches the width of the leg.

i would like to see drawings, or other paintings with different styles. the whole drinking and girls theme works together, but doesnt have much depth. I feel like im at a skrillex or kesha show, and that art is on the wall. you're using acrylic fairly well, alot better than I can, so thats cool, but I feel like oil will give you that smoother, more realistic feel.

Bought acrylics recently and been practicing a lot with them, mostly trying different things and trying to get some sort of touch in it.

11htent.jpg

~A4 size canvas (2nd ever haha), didn't pay much attention on anything else but the paint itself. Dude came out pretty orange

here's one i did with more familiar technique. Was supposed to be saint Lucia but ended up more like Christmas tree. Close enough.

9ia5qw.jpg

~ 56x38cm. Pen, ink, watercolor and few drops of white acrylic.

Actually I do have tried white ink (Winsor&Newton calligraphy ink), really nice for fine details since it flows really smoothly. Also I like because it's not so intense as acrylics tend to be, nice subtle effects for backgrounds etc. Kinda forgot I have it so I just used one from the tube.

Super nice texture on the skull there btw.