Your Art Thread

Hayabusa

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Found your work very intriguing & discover new, subtle nuances with every view...(thought the 1st one I saw was a gun barrel cause of the view/angle, ha)

Did you study industrial design leading toward jewelry or vice versa...neither? self-taught? Are the chains hand-made as well?

My first impression was of sensual stones/pleasurable & relating to female anatomy...soft against hard texture of metal. They're quite beautiful & special. Do you create pieces for both sexes or mainly men?

How long have you been working in this media & is it a series project?

How do you photograph them? Macro lens? Only just learning basics of digital photo & it makes me crazy (pissed off & annoyed mostly).

Look forward to seeing more of your work. Thanks.

Never made/studied jewelry design myself...got my MFA in painting & drawing, but did a lot of b/w photography & some wood/marble sculpture.

Collect a lot of jewelry myself, from delicate antique heirloom pieces, big chunky bracelets to a variety of cultural designs: ethnic symbols & motifs, beads etc (thanks to my parents' extensive world travels) & great gifts.

thanks. i do like the female anatomy, i am semi self taught, chains aren't hand made by me at least, i usually just use a canon elph camera with the flash turned off, and all my stuff is unisex. not too sure where you got the idea that it was for men from.

Well I was dabbling outside the clay world the other day. Thought of a tea tray for a nice tea pot n stuff. So being that I only have a table saw, chop saw, and a router with one bit...this is what I came up with. Just a lil test. Ripped a 2x4 until I get what I want.

teatray.jpg

teatray3.jpg

teatray2.jpg

did a paint stain and wipe away, then did a few coats with the lovely Rusto Lacquer spray...stuff is awesome. Dries fast, doesnt get milky if sprayed to thick, and mad glossy.....although this time for some reason it lost its sheen, Im guessing because the red wasnt completely dry and its been so dern wet this week.

teatray5.jpg

teatray4.jpg

• Like 1

Some top work in here, real talent man..

Just a few that I've basically finished, Theres still bit to do, but there nearly done..I'm still working on other paintings for the series..

V.Squad chase..

nycsubwaypaintings1980svandalsquadraid.jpg

RIP Kase 2, Sadly he passed away while I was doing this..

nycsubwaypaintingsbronxburningripkase2tkidcope2.jpg

Lee

nycsubwaypaintingslee.jpg

Under painting, I've done more on this since this picture putting a piece behind him and more deatil etc.., Just a tribute to IZ, as if you looking out of the doors of a subway car, with lots of artistic licence used,

subwaypaintingsizredundercoatwip.jpg

nice one..

pZ..

LOOKS LIKE THE PHOTOSHOP THREAD HAS BEEN DEAD FOR A WHILE NOW SO I THOUGHT I'D HAVE BETTER LUCK IF I RE-POSTED THIS HERE:

ANYONE (WITH EXPERIENCE) INTERESTED IN DOING CD COVERART FOR MY PROJECT. YOU'LL GET FULL CREDIT ON THE CD AND RECEIVE THE SAME DISTRIBUTION I DO (LOCAL SHOWS, LOCAL CD SHOPS, INTERNET ETC.) I'LL ALSO SHIP YOU 15-20 COPIES FREE OF CHARGE. I PLAN ON PRESSING IT THIS WEEK IF EVERYTHING GOES AS PLANNED.

• 2 weeks later...