80's-90's MEMORIES

poop stache

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

1. Crap licensing laws. In the 90s pubs still shut at 11pm and clubs chucked out at two. And yes – the legendary raves were definitely 24 hours: but after 1993 drug dealers and assorted gangsters made them scarier than a bath tub full of rattlesnakes.

3. Uppity record shop staff. Getting served in old-skool dance stores meant running the gauntlet of the dickhead owner and his sniggering mates who’d openly laugh at your choices. Which always cost a tenner. Of your own hard-earned money. From his fucking shop. Many of us welcomed the internet-driven record shop holocaust, and aren’t ashamed to say it.

4. Useless vinyl records and CDs. Because however much DJ Sneak bangs on about ‘the soul of the sound’ MP3s ain’t never going to be scratched up, nicked, bent out of shape or covered in blim burns by the end of the night.

5. Really strong ecstasy. OK, so getting on one 90s-style was the ideal accompaniment to acid house – but for every ageing raver rhapsodising about the power of white callies there’s a gibbering middle-aged wreck who’s been scared to leave the house since he got back from Shelleys.

9. Horrible fashion. The rave fashion fantasy: cool kids in Moschino wearing tiny sunglasses and vogueing to 'Strings Of Life'. The reality: a freezing warehouse stuffed with dayglo muppets with a middle shed and John Lennon specs eating their own faces.

12. Crap records. Whatever ageing ravers tell you, it wasn’t all wall-to-wall dance classics back then. Italian piano house, comedy rave records and (much, much later) Big Beat did more to kill off acid house than (allegedly) rat-poison-laced pills ever did.

image.png.cfe4552b90fd0ed533b7c4e16889c2a5.png

image.png.1f751a74c9f00dd78263f51f917c73b3.png

looked at the munted cunt underneath the word sux

Edited by Schnitzel
  • Like 4

18 minutes ago, Drue_Down said:

FBD52BF0-9EAB-4FC9-8C2E-7CFD51B0243F.jpeg

Hahaha.... right before the shelter at home order here in California,  i went out to karoake with some friends and was actually going to do don't stand so close to me by the police.. but on my way there i played it in my car to see if i knew the words well enough... that's when i realized the song was about teenage high school girls... yeah....no.. hard pass on singing a song about pedophilia lol

• LOL! 1