I Bought A Fixie (: Nh.

HardyBucks

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think there is anything homo about fixies or buying one. It's when people buy them like an accessory.

"Oh, I saw this guy outside of American Apparel on a fixie with pink rims, yellow handlebars, and a purple seat! I think I'm going to buy one right after I get my $35 wife beater and spandex jeans. Then I'm going to get an ironic haircut with a rat tail and some neon yellow chucks to match my handlebars."

That's definitely a yes/homo situation.

But fixies aren't if you're just into bikes.

I'm still trying to understand why grown men need ten speeds with one gear? Do you race these bikes? Do chicks dig these bikes? Can you do tricks or ride down mountains on these bikes? Seriously I'm not hip to much these days, I can't see why anybody would want to ride around town on one of these.

Also I have a mountain bike that collects dust outside in my shed, anyone interested in buying that? I can make it one gear for ya....:lol:

Choc

my stance on hats is backwards when I'm riding, duh, so my Yankees fitted don't blow into the gutter

And yeah, my stepdad is a huge cycling enthusiest-he rides all the local tours, he does centuries monthly, he wears gay ass tights, and he has 10,000$ Italian frames... He owned a fixed gear and says they use them for conditioning and training, but couldn't believe people ride around like that as their primary wheels.

Basically fixies ARE accesories, because it's just 2 wheels and 1 crank, they are super easy to custom color and all that. Fuck that these kids are allways wiping out and breaking bones on their fixies... But fuck that. That's dumb as fuck

I'm OG mountain biker. I like my gears And I like being able to hop curbs like it's nuthin. I know a lot of people in the local bike clubs but I can't join because I clown their low budget mangled fixies all day. Like sorry bruh, my bike has 12 gears, I'm not cool enough...