Come ups: Flipping money and the hustle

lord_casek

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
18 minutes ago, Dark_Knight said:

@mr.yuck hit up the pm if you find out since the dude who uses kilz to do his fill ins won’t allow me to prosper 

Sir. Not sure if, but, kilz is a great fill in paint if you give a shit about longevity. And you can’t go wrong with that nice rusto fat like stock tip. Shits fire lol. 

• Truth 1

21 minutes ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

Sir. Not sure if, but, kilz is a great fill in paint if you give a shit about longevity. And you can’t go wrong with that nice rusto fat like stock tip. Shits fire lol. 

Very much so lol but for the sake of showing I am upset he won’t give me cool secrets I rephrased his name

When I was like 19 or something like that I used to work at CVS. I learned that you could get cash back on any return under $10 without a receipt and would get a gift card for anything over. So me and my homie would got rack small bottles of pills/supplements that were like $80 a pop. I would go in and tell them grandma bought the wrong pills again and get my store credit for $80. I’d go down to another store and use my money to buy cigarettes and liquor and then resell all that for a profit to underage kids

• Like 3
  • Props 1
  • LOL! 2

@KILZ FILLZ have you heard of this being done successfully?  My 1st thought is you mentioned the bar code, which had me considering that Amazon might have it entered into their system already as a broken item by bar code and other identifying info like serial/product number, and that a new purchase would have it's own individual info which might expose what someone is attempting to do?

Edited by One Man Banned
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, One Man Banned said:

@KILZ FILLZ have you heard of this being done successfully?  My 1st thought is you mentioned the bar code, which had me considering that Amazon might have it entered into their system already as a broken item by bar code and other identifying info like serial/product number, and that a new purchase would have it's own individual info which might expose what someone is attempting to do?

Yeah the guy who told me about it had done it pretty much exactly how I laid it out. Didn’t do it for the whole pallet though, a lot was Craigslist/OfferUp sells. 

scan barcodes / look up SKU from manufacturer, not Amazon labels. 

I’d imagine you can run this same scam with things you already own too

19 hours ago, One Man Banned said:

I actually considered this exact thing yesterday after learning of the scam..... and then reasoned that a TON of chinese made shit that is for sale on Amazon (yes even the shit under "american" brand names) doesn't have serial numbers at all.  Serial numbers are for products that have quality customer service, warranties, and support to back them up.  "Whoops your shit is broken, here's a new one" is not the same thing.

It all falls into the "buy once cry once" of buying more expensive/quality items made by people with dignity..... or the "do it right or do it twice" idea of buying cheap shit that doesn't last very long and breaks, needing replacement.

My guess is that the barcodes on boxes of products are all the same bar code, and not an actual serialized product making it unique from all the others like it in the system.  For this reason, I believe this scam will definitely work for a long time because there's no real good way for them to track.

Now..... if they were to do something like install an RFID sticker like they use in anti theft devices and access devices..... they could very easily know if something showing up in their org for a return had already been processed for a return once before.  Of course as soon as the community finds out about this they will be scanning products and removing the RFIDs before sending them in.

I wonder what the end result of broken products getting cycled through amazon multiple times is.  I think it's basically fleecing Amazon of their money and if it continues to happen they'll just switch up and do something else that doesn't allow them to bleed money out like that..... because that is what this is, it's bleeding the money out of Amazon because their processes are not sound enough to prevent it..... or they simply dgaf and look at it like "any business is business."

17 minutes ago, Dirty_habiT said:

Will you detail the credit card churning idea more please?

Im sure he’ll go into more detail but I believe this is about the sign up bonuses offered on credit cards. Use it for the initial bait promotion. Once you get the perks pay off and cancel it. Rinse and repeat. Could also be way off with this too.

Edited by Dark_Knight
  • Like 1
  • Truth 1

3 hours ago, Dirty_habiT said:

or they simply dgaf and look at it like "any business is business."

I think this is the correct answer. Any of this bulk made in China horseshit is more than likely being sold to the consumer at a 400% profit margin with a built in return expectancy of… even 10% wouldn’t put a dent in their money making machine. When done at the scale of Amazon, with even higher profit margins on millions of small item transactions where the consumer doesn’t even bother returning their broken $5 item, that return rate, replacing products is probably negligible. 

• Like 1

On 12/24/2021 at 11:02 AM, Dark_Knight said:

Im sure he’ll go into more detail but I believe this is about the sign up bonuses offered on credit cards. Use it for the initial bait promotion. Once you get the perks pay off and cancel it. Rinse and repeat. Could also be way off with this too.

That ain’t no scam though lol. I listen to a lot of Financial independence podcast stuff and credit dudes are always talking that shit. It’s not really any legs up there just playing the game straight forward easy. I’m also down bad in that department still trying to level up so no one pay attention to me lol. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sports gambling. Found a local book with deep pockets, told him I'd find him customers, just give me the 10% on the losses. He agreed. Went to parties, talked sports with people, told them I got a guy that'll cover up to 5k per bet. Been doing it for the past year. Best month I made about 12k. Slow month probably just an extra rack. 

• Props 4

• 1 month later...

I like that. Not for nothing, getting credit for a business is way easier than personal credit. I signed up for a credit account at Home Depot and they gave me 6 Gs. I promptly blew that shit up and then tossed the card and all subsequent bills in the trash. It took them a few years but they finally charged it off. Didn’t effect my personal credit and it just basically shows as income of $6000 on my taxes. All I have to do is increase my miles deduction by about 10,000 and it cancels out the additional income I wasn’t counting on.

• LOL! 1