Come ups: Flipping money and the hustle

lord_casek

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
53 minutes ago, Elena Delle Donne said:

switched it up at self checkout tonight and stole toothpaste instead of produce

I can understand. I just bought some toothpaste a few minutes ago and I made the comment how exspensive it is. 

On 12/23/2021 at 12:59 PM, mr.yuck said:

When I was like 19 or something like that I used to work at CVS. I learned that you could get cash back on any return under $10 without a receipt and would get a gift card for anything over. So me and my homie would got rack small bottles of pills/supplements that were like $80 a pop. I would go in and tell them grandma bought the wrong pills again and get my store credit for $80. I’d go down to another store and use my money to buy cigarettes and liquor and then resell all that for a profit to underage kids

Had a similar hustle when I was 17 working at Toys R Us.  I would boost generic Sega/ Nintendo controllers (these were not locked up behind a counter) for like $30-40 a pop.  Would go a different Toys R Us in the next town over, return them and I would get Jeffrey Bucks (Credit).  Then I would go back to my the Toys R Us and buy a candy bar, go to the homie at the cash register, pay with Jeffrey Bucks and get $29 in foldable cash. I would do this with like 6 controllers every week.  Netted about $175 weekly.

• Props 1
  • LOL! 2

11 minutes ago, CLICKCLACKONER said:

Had a similar hustle when I was 17 working at Toys R Us.  I would boost generic Sega/ Nintendo controllers (these were not locked up behind a counter) for like $30-40 a pop.  Would go a different Toys R Us in the next town over, return them and I would get Jeffrey Bucks (Credit).  Then I would go back to my the Toys R Us and buy a candy bar, go to the homie at the cash register, pay with Jeffrey Bucks and get $29 in foldable cash. I would do this with like 6 controllers every week.  Netted about $175 weekly.

You bankrupt Jeffery  😥

• Like 1
  • Truth 1
  • LOL! 2

• 4 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

951D38FC-ED7B-4456-8852-B76AB78F6B1E.jpeg

I forget who mentioned it, but basically what it is, it's pallets of returned items from Amazon, Walmart, and many many other retail chains who discard defective, broken, or missing parts to just simply returned items.  But to answer your question to some degree, I believe these items are sold to warehouses that auction off pallets or straight upbsell pallets of random items.  I wish I had better lead way for you.  But anyhow, keep in mind it's similar to storage wars, you never know what you get in a pallet or crate.  But if you wanna go that route amd test the waters, I would suggest opening an EBay, Poshmark, and many other resell e-commerce store fronts so you can unload as quickly as possible.  The faster you can sell, the more profit you make.  It's a high stakes industry.  Your turnover has to be quick and consistent to make profit.  With that being said, you may wanna look into the pros and cons of digital cash transactions like zelle, PayPal friends, and any other digital outlets that allow you people to basically give you money. 

• Like 1

I've got a friend who is a warehouse manager for a company whose sole business is buying those pallets and flipping whatever is on them. He gets me a load of free Lego, oftentimes not even damaged boxes, just somebody fucked up on inventory and didn't realize it was there. Back when PS5s were going for way too much, there was a pallet with six of them stuck in it. Profit is consistent, and sometimes payouts are massive. Gambling. 

• Like 3
  • Props 1