Come ups: Flipping money and the hustle

lord_casek

Ok I knew this guy *ahem* lets call him 0-chill....

Well 0 has done the following things for little quick mini come ups....

1. If you got a wholesale fish store in your area go visit it now. They let you walk around with a waterbucket and a net and let you swoop up some expensive gems in hope you'd pay at the front. Nunka. You bring large ziplocs that can handle wieght and a big jacket. Discus fish retail at $50 and you can sell em back to the mom and pop fish shops for 25. In one hour 0 banked out 8 bills with fish. Mo money mo money mo money.

2. Computer recycling. Go out to an Industrial area with some boltcutters and start cutting off all the locks on the trash cans. Some places have some good shit. Proceed to dumpster dive. 0 found an office building being shutdown one time and they just threw out most of their electronics. 0 stripped the computers all down and got paid to recycle them at another spot. In one night of dumpster diving 0 made grip.

3. Not really a hustle but 0 made $35 doing a 30 minute online survey. Really wasn't worth the time but hey this about come-ups I guess.

4. Tip jars are an excellent source of a quick 10 to 20. 0 once ordered a banana split at baskin robbins and paid them with their own tips and banked out a quick 7 bucks.

5. Bootlegging. If you got "teh interwebz" and some software then have a go.

6. 0's homie used to just swipe bottles and sell em back to friends. If you're good a quick couple of bills for 40 minutes of work.

7. Ok so quality to make quantity on this next one. Buy an onion of a-1 work step on it a couple of times and you can tripple up. If you dont got the start up capitol you can find a payday advance spot if you're employed if not go with the fish. But if you aint makin big mjoves its not usually worth the risck. Read freakonomics about how drug dealers usually make less than minimum wage.

8. Hook ups. If you got homies at spots that can hook shit up take advantage. 0 used to sell sunglasses, toys, cell phones, fireworks, clothes, body kits, tranquility fountains, shit just about anything.

9. Ok so if you want TV's at a discounted price here ya go. Find a brand new flatscreen, purchase it with a credit card and ask for delivery. Note that the box was damaged. The take a blade and scratch up the back. Return it and demand for your money back. Have a friend come in and purchase that same TV cause it will noe be discounted close to 2 bills.

Theres more but I'll leave it alone for now

• Like 2

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

People sell $800 worth of store credit on EBAY for like $780. I could be wrong but anything under 1000 is a misdemeanor right? Im not suggesting this as a legitimate come up. Im not explaining how to get away with it either.

I say get some type of certification or learn a trade and get a steady paycheck all day.

The shit being talked about in here. Buy AF1 from china for $40 and sell them for what $60. Barely sounds like its worth the effort. If you could sell 10 pairs a day. Make $200 and do it 5 days a week for a grand it would be worth it but how do you plan to do it up? First you need money to buy the shoes. Unless you can get consigned a bunch which is less than certain. Next what. Go buisness to buisness. Run around the hood talking to people in the street? I did this. Its not as easy as it may seem and takes alot of effort. Sell drugs? 1st off it takes money to make money. Second its usually a felony and you have to deal with shady skum fucks all day long. Only a matter of time before you get got and all your money goes to lawyers and fines and you go to jail. I suppose there are ways of doing it and making alot of money but you arent going to do it on the small time. big time = big time trouble.

Go out to the suburbs and you see alot of nice big homes. The occupants of these have decent paying jobs and move some of their money in stock and other legitimate investments.

everything i say is basically speculation. Benefit risk analysis.

• Like 1

People sell $800 worth of store credit on EBAY for like $780. I could be wrong but anything under 1000 is a misdemeanor right? Im not suggesting this as a legitimate come up. Im not explaining how to get away with it either.

I say get some type of certification or learn a trade and get a steady paycheck all day.

The shit being talked about in here. Buy AF1 from china for $40 and sell them for what $60. Barely sounds like its worth the effort. If you could sell 10 pairs a day. Make $200 and do it 5 days a week for a grand it would be worth it but how do you plan to do it up? First you need money to buy the shoes. Unless you can get consigned a bunch which is less than certain. Next what. Go buisness to buisness. Run around the hood talking to people in the street? I did this. Its not as easy as it may seem and takes alot of effort. Sell drugs? 1st off it takes money to make money. Second its usually a felony and you have to deal with shady skum fucks all day long. Only a matter of time before you get got and all your money goes to lawyers and fines and you go to jail. I suppose there are ways of doing it and making alot of money but you arent going to do it on the small time. big time = big time trouble.

Go out to the suburbs and you see alot of nice big homes. The occupants of these have decent paying jobs and move some of their money in stock and other legitimate investments.

everything i say is basically speculation. Benefit risk analysis.

Always a side job that can make you more money than your regular job. This is what I am leaning towards.

The reason I'm pushing it is because I've known some people to make a killing at it, it's legal, plus you learn a lot and get to travel and meet chicks.

My dad went to England in the late 90s, bought a ton of vintage Marshall and Vox tube amps and has been slowly selling them off over the years. At one point he was telling me that you can do the same thing with vintage BMWs and Mercedes here...buy them in Germany cheap, ship them here and sell them to collectors.

Basically, anything collectors buy is a good lead IF you have a good eye and know what sells. eBay is not always that trustworthy, so if you have a good reputation with a few wealthy buyers they'll take care of you.

^talkin bout cars.. an old friend is living in vietnam and apparently thers a shit ton of old classic cars laying around.. alot of american and french cars. so he fixes them up and exports them to collectors all over the globe. he bought one car for $50.00usd and sold it for $40k.

thats just one car. he avrages 2 sales a month. not all are acquired for fifty bucks and not all sell for 40k. hes "rich" though.

• 3 weeks later...

Casek gets propped. and this thread could be good.

People talkin about the fake shoes hustle...it's decent, at best, until ebay gets on your ass and bans your IP. out the window goes any type of crack at legitimate hustling on there. same thing goes for clothes. in addition, selling them to people tends to lead to angry backlash. Unless youre sellin to the dope boyz that dont know any better.

I know i'm too old to be stealing fish. that's for fucking sure.

I think most things mentioned in here fall under the category of "petty hustles." most people (i.e. those older than seventeen) are too grown for these. If you're looking for somewhat quick cash, then the "buy low, sell high" business model including but not limited to ebay and craigslist is pretty much the way to go. with enough volume you can make some big bucks.

edit: this being your start up money to better hustles.

**what someone said about being versed in something that everyone NEEDS, day to day is truth as well. Job security fellas.

heres a little something something ive done on occasion and im sure youve heard of it.

go to all the newspaper stands downtown on sunday or some other special day (a friend did this with the paper that had obama on the cover and made a shitload of cash) put in a dollar or however much it takes and just grab all of them then sell them throughout the day to folks in need.

this only works if you dont have those magazine/newspaper stands that sell candy bars and whatnot and if you can get up hella early.

buying bicycle frames in italy and shipping them stateside or to cities with big bike populations. hipsters, messengers etc.

the amount of high end vintage or not even vintage frames in italy is huge.

tho i hear berlin and amsterdam bike people have recently invaded this hustle.

the only thing i dont like about that is id be too tempted to just keep the frames, too much liability when it comes to shipping damage, and takes too long to ship.

but im looking forward to when i have a steady job so i can try these out in my spare time cus il have the money to make initial investments.

want free sushi? Go to local grocery store, buy sushi rolls. then save receipt and go back to same store. Snag same rolls, put in bag, and walk out. If anyone questions you, show receipt. They dont usually question or look but its good to have backup.

Last week i found a coupon for monster energy drinks online, i went to self checkout of grocery store and swiped same coupon like 10 times for 10 drinks. Im just drinking em now but i might sell em at a skatepark down the street.

buying bicycle frames in italy and shipping them stateside or to cities with big bike populations. hipsters, messengers etc.

the amount of high end vintage or not even vintage frames in italy is huge.

tho i hear berlin and amsterdam bike people have recently invaded this hustle.

I already said this! But you also left out Spain, Japan, Taiwan, and the UK.

Actually, there's really no way to corner this hustle because....

the only thing i dont like about that is id be too tempted to just keep the frames...

You're going to keep 30 frames? Why on earth would you do that?

...too much liability when it comes to shipping damage, and takes too long to ship.

It's not hard to ship a frame. A complete bike is trickier.

• Like 1

I already said this! But you also left out Spain, Japan, Taiwan, and the UK.

Actually, there's really no way to corner this hustle because....

You're going to keep 30 frames? Why on earth would you do that?

It's not hard to ship a frame. A complete bike is trickier.

well shit, if i have enough cash to buy and ship 30 frames overseas......

i dont think id be spending it on frames.

ive said it before and ill say it again, talking about hustles, racking or schemes is a good way to blow shit up. if your not creative or a good enough thief then hang it up instead of asking others because your too lazy to come up with good ideas. i read through all this and its all rookie bullshit anyhow but its still leaves place to make a otherwise good hustle blown. the more fools doing one thing or selling the same shit drives prices down and makes shit dead.

just use your head and THINK like a criminal, why air shit out publicly? it does not make you sound cool or slick, especially in the company of some users on here...

• Like 1