your life might suck

SickDrinker

but not as much as this dudes..

he spent 26 years in prison and was completely innocent .

Fake Tracking Dog Sent Man to Prison

CNN

(July 31) -- A Florida man who was convicted of murder in part because of the work of an allegedly infallible scent-tracking dog is free now, after the dog and its owner were exposed as frauds. But Bill Dillon he had to spend 26 years in prison before the error in his case was rectified.

Dillon was 22 when he was sentenced to life in prison in 1981 for killing a man in Canova Beach on the eastern coast of the state.

During the trial, Dillon was adamant that he had not committed the crime. But a man named John Preston testified in court that he and his scent-tracking German shepherd connected Dillon to the killer's bloody T-shirt. Preston said his dog, Harass 2, even tracked Dillon’s scent repeatedly in later tests.

Skip over this content

Dillon expected to remain in prison for the rest of his life -- all because of Harrass 2 and Preston, who billed himself around the country as a scent-tracking expert.

But nearly three decades later, in 2007, DNA testing proved that Dillon's DNA did not match the DNA on the killer's shirt. The dog was wrong. Eight months ago, after 26 years behind bars, Bill Dillon walked out of prison a free man.

"Supposedly the dog got my scent three times," Dillon told CNN, "and I never saw freedom again." Dillon also said he remembers the dog's "huge" head from the trial and that he looked like a "bear."

In 1981, DNA testing wasn’t used in criminal investigations so authorities relied simply on the presumed legendary nose of Preston's German shepherd. Preston testified that his dog had tracked Dillon's scent to a piece of paper he had touched, and even to a room he was in at the courthouse.

Preston and his dog had a track record -- he had convinced juries more than 100 times of his dog’s talents. In Dillon's case, Preston even told the court his dog had the ability to track a scent under water. CNN consulted tracking dog experts in Florida about this. They told us that was impossible.

In 1984, before Preston was exposed as a fraud, he told ABC News that he believed he was never wrong. Tim McGuire, a dog-tracking expert with Florida's Volusia County Sheriff’s Department, said it was implausible that a dog could have picked up Dillon's scent back in 1981 eight days after the murder, just after a massive hurricane had blown through the area.

McGuire viewed videotapes of Preston's dog, Harrass 2, at work. In the tapes, there are multiple times when the dog urinates on evidence. McGuire said he did not consider what the dog was doing as work.

Preston was discredited in 1984, after a Florida judge who had become suspicious of Preston set up his own test for Harrass 2. The dog failed terribly.

Documents obtained by CNN show he could not even follow a scent for 100 feet. The judge determined the dog could track successfully only when his handler had advance knowledge of the case.

Dillon thinks Preston and his scent-tracking dog were part of a larger conspiracy.

"Preston could lead the dog to the suspect or the evidence," alleges Dillon, but "any cases that were weak, not good enough to go to the jury, they [the prosecution] fed Preston information, paid him good money to come and lie."

Florida’s Attorney General told CNN it is not aware of any evidence of a conspiracy involving John Preston and his dog.

Though Preston was discredited, Florida never reviewed cases on which he’d testified . And nobody ever told Dillon -- who sat in prison another 20 years before he found out. It wasn't until 2006 that he heard Preston was a fake.

Florida's Innocence Project believes dozens of inmates around the country may have been wrongly convicted as a result of John Preston and his dog. It is calling for an investigation of those cases. Meanwhile, Preston, the dog's handler, died last year. He was never charged with a crime.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
i hope the dog handler goes to fuckin' hell and has real tracking dogs piss and shit in his lying mouth, and bite at his balls and gooch for the rest of eternity.

fuckin' with peoples lives...

"Meanwhile, Preston, the dog's handler, died last year. He was never charged with a crime."

Fuck millions. If I was that dude, they'd soon be finding me jumping on the remains of the heads of both John Preston and Harrass 2.

I'd be jumping from one head to the other, not stopping although slipping in the blood and brain matter all the time.

edit. Oh he's already dead. Well I'd still go pissing on his grave once a year for 26 years/the rest of my life.

In the tapes, there are multiple times when the dog urinates on evidence. .

:o

That's American justice, once they find someone to take the hit for a crime the case is completely disregarded. It's up to the person found guilty to prove their innocence. And you know how hard the justice system works for someone who has already been found guilty.

Millions of dollars could never compensate for 26 years of my life.