----->>>GUINNESS Appreciation Thread<<<-------

dimendk

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My official beer of nights that I skipped dinner... I love the stuff. And I will cosign on the skybar being the best place to get it. In fact, I would call that easily one of the awesomest bars I've ever been to.

Guinnness on tap at the brewery>Guinness on tap anywhere else with a proper pour>Guinness in a widget can>Guinness on tap poured improperly>Guinness in a surger can>Guinness in a bottle.

Guinnness on tap at the brewery>Guinness on tap anywhere else with a proper pour>Guinness in a widget can>Guinness on tap poured improperly>Guinness in a surger can>Guinness in a bottle.

respect that.

but if that means that the guinness in the can with the widget that rises due to whatever is> the horribly poured, with a spoon, not in a proper glass, not waiting the extra few, type of guinness,

then i concur

thats the dude who spends too much money getting drunk by himself and going home alone.

looooooosers

the people who arent irish an dress up all green an shit on st patricks, are in the same league as the people who dont follow sport at all, an then cause there country is in the final of somethin they find a sudden love for the game. BULLSHIT.

my sister only drinks guiness when it comes to brew. im not too big of a fan of it, i like murphys bettercause i think it is a tad sweeter and this bar near my house has it on tap and the hot bartender pours the perfect pint.

this shit is good and is 8 or 9 percent

3399306301_9320e138a4.jpg

and its brewed in pennsylvania

My official beer of nights that I skipped dinner... I love the stuff. And I will cosign on the skybar being the best place to get it. In fact, I would call that easily one of the awesomest bars I've ever been to.

good order of operations....

ill drink car bombs any day, but you forgot the splash of

baileys.jpg

irishcarbomb05_.jpg

I've heard that a "true" guiness takes several minutes to pour, can anybody shed some light on this subject?

Step One: The Glass

The bartender takes a dry, clean glass, which should be a 20-ounce tulip pint glass. The internal aerodynamics of a tulip glass allows the nitrogen bubbles to flow down the sides of the glass, and the contour 'bump' in the middle pushes the bubbles back to the center on their way up.

Step Two: The Angle

The glass should be held at a 45-degree angle under the tap. The tap faucet should not touch the tulip glass or beer. If you just hold it straight under the faucet, you'll get a big block of bubbles and a fish eye.

Step Three: The Pour

Let the beer flow nice and smoothly into the angled glass and fill it up three-quarters of the way.

Step Four: The Head

Let it settle. On the way through the faucet, the beer passes through a five-hole disk restrictor plate at a high speed, creating friction and bringing out nitrogen bubbles. The bubbles are agitated now -- they can't go back into the solution, so they flow down the interior sides and back up the middle -- but they can't escape. So they build this wonderful, creamy head on top. It's like an architect building a strong foundation.

Step Five: The Top-Off

Once it settles, you want to fill up the glass and top it off. Put a shamrock in the top. You allowed it to settle, you created a domed effect across the top of the pint, and now your head is looking proud over the glass. That's the perfect vision of the perfect pint.

Step Six: The First Sip

You drink with your eyes first. The cosmetic look of the pint is critical to the Guinness experience. We don't want anybody just putting liquid in a glass. Lastly, drink that there Guinness and buy a round for the house.

Archived