Comedians

earl broclo ESQ

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 9 months later...

Fuck that.

It's only $5 on his website https://buy.louisck.net/ and homie put his own money into filming and releasing the show for us to buy at a 1/4 of the cost rather than fucking letting a company get involved and charge us $20+ for a DVD/Bluray release. He would've made waaay shitloads more had he went that route.

Really too fucking good and climbing his way into legendary not to earn a $5 spot.

Originality and shitting all over everyone with crazy humility. Fuck that's not impossible for money to make you not an asshole

Fuck that.

It's only $5 on his website https://buy.louisck.net/ and homie put his own money into filming and releasing the show for us to buy at a 1/4 of the cost rather than fucking letting a company get involved and charge us $20+ for a DVD/Bluray release. He would've made waaay shitloads more had he went that route.

Really too fucking good and climbing his way into legendary not to earn a $5 spot.

Originality and shitting all over everyone with crazy humility. Fuck that's not impossible for money to make you not an asshole[/color]

My nigga pulls a mil

PayPal-1m.jpg

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/12/22/online-sales-of-louis-c-k-special-cross-1-million-mark/

In an interview with Jimmy Fallon, Louis C. K. said that from the money he has made from his online comedy special "Live at the Beacon Theater," he would give $250,000 in bonuses to people who work for him and $280,000 to five charity organizations.

LCK is the fucking man. I used to think he was very, very funny... until I had kids... now he is fucking hilarious.

& props on the show, every other comedian does some light-hearted mush, LCK comes with some innovative dark, personal humor unseen before.

True King.

(cope2 needs to point at this nigga)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/12/22/online-sales-of-louis-c-k-special-cross-1-million-mark/

In an interview with Jimmy Fallon, Louis C. K. said that from the money he has made from his online comedy special "Live at the Beacon Theater," he would give $250,000 in bonuses to people who work for him and $280,000 to five charity organizations.

LCK is the fucking man. I used to think he was very, very funny... until I had kids... now he is fucking hilarious.

& props on the show, every other comedian does some light-hearted mush, LCK comes with some innovative dark, personal humor unseen before.

True King.

(cope2 needs to point at this nigga)

Dude's worth seven million before this ever popped off so I'm not really surprised by that. What I'm really excited for are all the other comedians following suit, no longer waiting for a green light from TV producers to do the shows they want to do. Total artistic freedom.

And when you look at this in the context of everything else that's happened this year I would say it's the triumph OF the year. Everyone's pissed off at banks and old business models that are fucking people over and no longer lucrative and here comes Louis CK with one of the most amazing new business models that any performer can use. So long as you can find finanacing for the overhead of the website and video production (he got that and more with just the ticket sales) there's nothing to be lost here. Between this and websites like Kickstarter, if you want to do something there's no reason for not trying to do it.

Louis CK was already my favorite comedian of all time but now he's like the Comedy Moses.

Thanks for showing me kickstarter man... It's really something I could get into.

For example:

Block party/alternative comedy festival in LA...

Just put it $5 and plan to donate $25 with my next check. Alotta great comedians in on this and in the video clip. Share that shit on your fb's and twitter...

I know ya'll nigga got $3 and a facebook

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
i agree mostly, stewart lee is funny tho

http://youtu.be/v8k_GsGW9hY

This fucking guy is hilarious... all of his material seems 100% genuinely original. Why is he completely unknown on the US circuit? Is he big in UK or is he some kind of underground comedian's comic? Does the UK have any others we Americans should know about?