Comedians

earl broclo ESQ

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i thought kevin james' comedy central stand-up was pretty good

yes!...i was actually kinda surprised.

he is funny on king of queens, but theyve got writers on that show....so i didnt think his own material would be too funny, but hes got some really good jokes.

yes!...i was actually kinda surprised.

he is funny on king of queens, but theyve got writers on that show....so i didnt think his own material would be too funny, but hes got some really good jokes.

Did he write all of his own stand-up?

They get help on that sometimes as well.

I like the guy though.

Not in movies at all, but on TV and shit.

Fat guys are usually always funny.

Some comics, like the "blue collar" dudes, are constantly doing gigs which demand a larger quantity of jokes, hence the lack of quality in their acts. So instead of sounding like a broken record, they pay guys like Ritch Shydner to write some corny ass shit for em.

Especially during this interweb age.. If you plan on seeing a popular comic who's currently on tour & want to spoil the experience (or worse, heckle dude by yelling out his punchlines), just youtube his name & search by most recent uploads. Chances are, he's doing the same act in each city he hits up.

Ritch Shydner[/url] to write some corny ass shit for em.

Especially during this interweb age.. If you plan on seeing a popular comic who's currently on tour & want to spoil the experience (or worse, heckle dude by yelling out his punchlines), just youtube his name & search by most recent uploads. Chances are, he's doing the same act in each city he hits up.

^didn't know about comics getting other comics to write their jokes, but i guess that does make sense...like you said, if they are too busy touring and dont have enough time to write their own stuff, then i guess that would be a good idea.

as far as youtube and stuff like that goes, i knew that. ive watched some comics on youtube and then when i saw them live, i already knew how the joke was going to end....some comics actually tweak out the jokes by adding to it, or taking away from it, or use the same scenario to make another joke.

for example, doug benson 1st album (professional humoredian) has some similar jokes to his 2nd album (balanced load), but he is able to change the punchline (on both albums he talks about his tivo recording crap when he isnt home but on each album he talks about different shows....or on both albums he talks about how regular tv edits movies, but he uses 2 different examples).

i think the best thing a comic can do is not put out an album or do a special on tv until he has already toured,perfected, and performed his material.

Not all of them though, CALI.

I have seen some guys that you can just tell are winging it and/or are just naturally hilarious.

Chappelle...I don't think he's ever done the same bit twice.

yeah, chappelle ive heard is just able to go up on stage and talk about anything and make it funny...thats why comics like him are able to do 6 hour sets....my favorite comics are improv comics that can come up with funny stuff off the top of their head too, and incoorperate the audience....when i saw jo koy both times, he was able to do that...his show would be about 20-25 minutes of talking to the audience and picking on certain people, and then about a 40-45 minute set.

i was listening to an old school howie mandel album, and he was just doing improv comedy for half an hour by asking people in the audience questions (ex: Howie: what do you do? guy: i sell frozen seafood door to door. howie: so you go door to door and ask people if they want crabs?)

so i saw doug benson 2 nights ago.

really funny guy....and graham elwood opened for him..he was funny too.

doug benson's pot the vote tour is traveling through california, so if you get a chance to go see it, dont miss out.

oh yeah, he hangs out with everyone after the show and smokes weed with everyone.

so i saw doug benson 2 nights ago.

really funny guy....and graham elwood opened for him..he was funny too.

doug benson's pot the vote tour is traveling through california, so if you get a chance to go see it, dont miss out.

oh yeah, he hangs out with everyone after the show and smokes weed with everyone.

His podcast is fantastic