Comedians

earl broclo ESQ

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Daniel Tosh's stand up sucks. He's funny on Tosh.0 when someone is wtiting his material for him

I think he's hit or miss. I've seen him do material and kill it and seen him do the same material and...just not feeling it. the audience def plays a factor. Some of his earlier material just isn't funny to me, just watered down steriotypes.

But the special where he goes into the bits encompassing "big titties, top shelf, small titties....mmm beer can," and "yeah, and I'll tell you what a vagina feels like" after a nerd explaining how superman flies is just straight up hilarious to me. I think he kills in that special.

• 3 months later...

^^I met that guy once after a show. He performed before some bands and made a Geraldine Ferraro joke. I thought his set was fucking hilarious and was backstage after the shows. So he's sitting by himself and I walked up and said "Great show tonight, I was dying with that Geraldine Ferraro bit." Dude turned to me like I shit on his sneakers and was like "yeah thanks" in a "whatever" tone. Kind of ruined my opinion of him, but he is hilarious.

^^I met that guy once after a show. He performed before some bands and made a Geraldine Ferraro joke. I thought his set was fucking hilarious and was backstage after the shows. So he's sitting by himself and I walked up and said "Great show tonight, I was dying with that Geraldine Ferraro bit." Dude turned to me like I shit on his sneakers and was like "yeah thanks" in a "whatever" tone. Kind of ruined my opinion of him, but he is hilarious.

Really? That kinda sucks. He seems like he would be a really cool guy. Oh well, he's still hilarious.

He might be, who knows. He was performing before music acts and from what I hear that can be a bitch to do. So maybe he didn't get the response he hoped for and his pussy was hurting? I know I wasn't being a fucking fan boy or annoying. Plus, the backstage area was a party with a small group of us and everyone was getting along fine. He just seemed pissy and pompous when I approached him.

theres a comedian sampled in a few TOPR songs who talks about humans being a virus with shoes and how much drugs have done for musicians which have enhanced our lives. i'd really like to know who it is if anyone knows.

sounds like Greg Giraldo

he also did a "the underwear goes inside the pants" skit too that was pretty funny. also sampled in a song i heard. could be the same guy.

dylan moran's drunk bits are great...

...i am turned on by maria bamford in a way that confuses me.

saw michael showalter do a stand up set in austin, very different approach, but it killed...

Paul f. Thompkins is my current favorite, particularly due to his appearances on various podcasts (never not funny/ doug loves movies) his new albums are pretty solid as well...

i love comedy, this is a good thread...i wish people would list more obscure comedians that i havent heard of yet...i like that someone a couple pages back posted a picture of bill bailey...that guy is interesting..