and again, pictures of cars..

watson

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ok so i inherited a 93 civic with a 1.6l sohc vtec d16z6 engine. is this motor worth doing any thing to it to make it more fun to drive every day?

i m a chevy guy,and i just lost my 84 el camino to a drunk cunt who ran a red light.i still have the motor trans and rear end and am looking for something light to put it in

engine: 350 bored and stroke to a 383

lunati voodoo cam; duration 276/284,lift .504/.545

a set of AFR 205cc heads and a scat rotating assembly

in a 4600lb car it ran 13.2 ALL FUCKING DAY on pump gas,smoking the street tires well past the 60ft mark.

but anyway, back to my original question,is the 1.6 in my honda worth playing with while i find another car?any suggestions for ChEAP performance upgrades?

i cant own a car without having fun with it,so fuck it....let me know whats up import fellas,any information would be great.

ok so i inherited a 93 civic with a 1.6l sohc vtec d16z6 engine. is this motor worth doing any thing to it to make it more fun to drive every day?

i m a chevy guy,and i just lost my 84 el camino to a drunk cunt who ran a red light.i still have the motor trans and rear end and am looking for something light to put it in

engine: 350 bored and stroke to a 383

lunati voodoo cam; duration 276/284,lift .504/.545

a set of AFR 205cc heads and a scat rotating assembly

in a 4600lb car it ran 13.2 ALL FUCKING DAY on pump gas,smoking the street tires well past the 60ft mark.

but anyway, back to my original question,is the 1.6 in my honda worth playing with while i find another car?any suggestions for ChEAP performance upgrades?

i cant own a car without having fun with it,so fuck it....let me know whats up import fellas,any information would be great.

Yes, and no.

if you have money to spend there are numerous cases of 600+ HP on the D16, one of the most notable is Bisimoto's Civic Wagon.

http://www.bisimoto.com/

But a cheaper suggestion maybe to just swap out the engine for something a little more "upgradeable and powerful" such as the B16A2. stock the B16 makes around 160HP ans 111 LB-FT of torque, decent for a little Honda motor.

I suggest swappping the B16, and you'll see how mean your little Honda can get

there are no Jag badges... and that Saudi fighter plan is suspect

growler-e-type-6.jpg

growler-e-type-3.jpg

The Jaguar E-Type turns 50 this year, and we continue to pine for its classic lines to this day. Bo Zolland, a car designer from Sweden, is clearly also a fan of the iconic E-Type shape. Unlike most of us, though, he has the tools and skill to generate a vision of what the E-Type might look like were it to come back to life in the 21st century.

Zolland calls his rendered Jaguar homage the Growler E 2011 Concept, and it clearly takes design cues from the original version. We also spy some 240Z and Chevrolet Corvette, though you could just as easily say those cars learned their lines from the E-Type.

Fittingly, the Growler would be built atop the guts of a Jaguar XKR, which would also donate its 5.0-liter V8 engine (tuned to produce 600 horsepower). Check out Bo Zolland's Growler E 2011 Concept in the gallery below. Sound off with your thoughts on his design in the comments.

Swedish design firm Visualtech has confirmed it will build a very limited run of production cars based on its Growler E, a reimagining of the Jaguar E-Type. According to the company, plans are to have the first Growler ready for delivery in the summer of 2012.

Speaking of plans, the current goal is to produce three or four of the cars to be finished simultaneously. If there's overwhelming demand, Visualtech may decided to build a very short series run of the cars, with help from Steyr or Finnish firm Valmet.

The car is to be powered by a Jaguar XKR-sourced 5.0-liter supercharged V8. With a few choice tweaks, the Growler should close in on the 600-horsepower mark. Visualtech hopes that will lead to a 0-60 run under 4 seconds.

The Growler will have a composite body glued to a carbon fiber structure, with front and rear tube frames holding the running gear. Should you have the wherewithal to order a Growler, expect to pay nearly $700,000 if they make a series run, and closer to $1.4 million if they only make a few.

this car is so fuckin' sexy