and again, pictures of cars..

watson

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I HATE COROLLAS, THEYRE SLOW AS DEATH AND IT IS LITERALLY IMPOSSIBLE TO MAKE A 4AGE FAST.

No doubt, but its the guys at the drift events with the Corollas who go harder, because in order to get those sideways you HAVE to drive the piss out of them. I admire their spirit, I know one kid who blew a headgasket at the track and went out to see if he could find one locally to replace it right there.

i was thinking it was a legacy but the lights threw me off

rear clear lights, big ass spoilers, mismatched rims, 'keep the rain out' window visors,

hood vents and stickers over the rear wheel arches make them trash. well to me anyways...

if they had all that crap taken off of them and were cleaned up like the sub & tl then

i would roll the fuck out of em, i am sure they are making some good power and are

pretty quick for what they are

No doubt, but its the guys at the drift events with the Corollas who go harder, because in order to get those sideways you HAVE to drive the piss out of them. I admire their spirit, I know one kid who blew a headgasket at the track and went out to see if he could find one locally to replace it right there.

YEAH BUT I DONT DRIFT

OR LIKE IT.

HAHA

the rims are mismatched because of the tires on them. derp. i would think having been into drag racing your whole life you would recognize that.

the clear lights are just upgraded versions of the stocks- theyre LED and look much better in my opinion.

and how can you not like window visors?

taking that car to a dragstrip track = fail

taking that car to a road course track = win, it should and would do well

i understand improving the looks of the car but you said i should 'appreciate peformance tuning', how is adding old played out lights, stickers and window visors tuning anything performance related?

as far as adding led lights, i agree they look a lot better but i would rather have the stock then those crappy ass clear ones. i have seen plenty of aftermarket lights that still have red lenses with led lights

anyways, not trying to turn this into a pissing match, just saying that it would look A LOT better(InMyOpinion) with a few things taken off and changed

STOLEN FROM BIMMERFORUMS, WHO IN TURN STOLE IT FROM EVOLUTIONM.

OG POST

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1575817

Cast Garrett compressor wheels (right) tend to come apart above 50 psi. CNC billet aluminum wheels (middle) are stronger, but why not be different and use your own CNC billet titanium (left) compressor?

compwheels.jpg

You'll need a turbo big enough for the job, which in this case is a 108mm twinscroll T4 turbo, with custom quad ball bearing CHRA and 100psi capability.

gt47killer.jpg

turbo3.jpg

2000hpturbo.jpg

To get enough airflow at 12,000rpm(!) to get the job done, you'll need a skillfully ported head, complete with titanium valves and copper-beryllium valve seats:

cylinder5.jpg

cylinder.jpg

cylinder1.jpg

And you're going to need a set of camshafts to handle the rpm and withstand tremendous ramp pressures, so why not a set of hollow titanium billets with DLC at only 234 grams each?

titaniumcams.jpg

titaniumcams1.jpg

titaniumcams2.jpg

And since there is no aftermarket rod up to the task, just ask for a set of billet mmcs-titanium connecting rods at 286g each. Rod/Stroke ratio is 2.07:

titanium1.jpg

titanium2.jpg

For pistons, a set of custom beryllium pistons with DLC fits the bill, and since methanol is the fuel, 13:1 SCR is fine:

pistonnew3.jpg

pistonnew2.jpg

A strong piston pin is needed as well:

pincustom.jpg

Toss in a custom titanium billet crank:

crankti.jpg

A set of 9000cc/min injectors:

850lbsinj.jpg

And since a factory 4G63 block probably wouldn't hold up, just CNC machine your own from billet aluminum:

billet1.jpg

billet2.jpg

No head gasket is used:

2000hpengine2.jpg

And to put all that power to the gearbox, one needs a suitable multiplate clutch:

clutch1.jpg

Yes, it is smaller than a cam gear:

clutch3f.jpg

clutch4s.jpg

An example of very efficient turbo manifold design from one of their recent projects:

project2.jpg

project1.jpg

And last but not least, a dynosheet from this car, running 'only' 48psi and hydraulic cams:

evo81523hp.jpg

ORIGINAL THREAD

27 PAGES OF HIGHLY TECHNICAL GOODIES.

ANYTHING THAT KNOWS ANYTHING IN THE AUTOMOTIVE WORLD KNOWS THIS IS INSANE.

http://forums.evolutionm.net/evo-dyno-tuning-results/447351-highest-hp-4g63-engine-2007-a.html

F1 Tech in a EVO?

Crazy talk