The Beer Thread

H. Lecter

how was the bitterness? and did it have the overly creamy, bananaish body to it?

havent gotten my head around the belgian (yeast, i assume thats the main difference) IPA's, last time i had one it was seriously average.

I did't get the banana flavor. It's def a deep bitter taste. It was almost heavy. But it was good. Not overly creamy.

The evil cousin was so much better

• Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm well past the point where i give a shit about abv to determine a good beer.

Avery is always on point.

(this kid here got co-opted to make purchasing suggestions for their campus bar. spent a good 20 minutes perusing one of their order catalogues)

I've also been convincing the main two managers to let me do some statistical work on the data they collect to look for opportunities to switch beers and rotate things out to see what works, etc.

I figure fuck it, anything to bring the beers i want into the space I enjoy...

don't ever, ever post #9 in here again. YOU HEAR ME?!

(not wholly serious, but mostly)

Magic hat is the unfortunate known brewery of Vermont. I will maintain forever that Long Trail is the unsung hero of that state. Also, Magic Hat was bought by Pyramid about two years ago, and if you know anything of them, that can only mean an already Mediocre brewery will only get worse.

Brewery at my pub was asking me to help them choose kegs from their order catalogue today. Felt good. Also started talking to them about running some statistics to figure out what taps can be rotated so they can bring in new beers, etc.

mainstream beer is what it is. what i dislike is mainstream gimmick beer.

that for example, is a total joke. whether the beer is good or not, its being marketed to idiots and they will probably make a killing off it.

just saw on facebook, my old store ordered a bit, some idiot was like "oooh i bet it tastes salty"

idiots

been a minute... as usual. nothing wild as of late, more reactionary cheapies (high life tallboys all day) to the northwest hopfest stuff. But I've been drinking a bunch of the Deschutes seasonal for a good 2 months now:

red-chair-nwpa-2011.jpg

and finally had the Sam Smith Organic Lager, on a whim, and would drink it all day

2009-01-24-org-lager.jpg

I have had, the absolute most ridiculous two days of drinking.

First was a mac and cheese competition (I won) and strong beer tasting at my girlfriend's house:

20120217_161645.jpg

yesterday, we started day drinking and went to the trappist to wait it out for the catillon event. Dear god it was good. We cumulatively dropped like 450 while we were there, but we had:

Cantillon Mamouche

Cantillon Fou Foune (Tap and Bottle)

Cantillon Iris

Cantillon Lou Pepe

Cantillon St Lamvinus

A few other beers too, but those were the real stars. Jesus christ were they good. SO FUCKING GOOD!

i could believe it, Port Brewing have made some of the best beers ive ever had. the anniversary ale was incredible.

wouldnt mind trying more IRA's, the ones ive gotten from america were killer.

i drank so much beer (kölsch) on the weekend that i actually lost my desire to drink for the week, that had never happened before. but a 4 day bender on shitty beer and Jager will do that