The Beer Thread

H. Lecter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

same, i've enjoyed founders in the past, but this wasn't for me.

about zythos

Introducing, ZYTHOS

The third and final release form Hopunion tells of yet another new variety that they will soon breed and offer brewers. They explain that the demand for “unique IPA style hops” is as strong as ever and that varieties like Simcoe, Amarillo, Citra, and Palisade have been very successful for them. The need for a new and exciting hop that “replicates the chemical structure of the finest IPA/Pale Ale finishing hops” is needed.

Hopunion worked with Alpha Analytics to create a hop that “delivers aggressive alpha acid levels, balanced beta acid levels and low co-Humulone levels for a smooth finish”. The new hop is called ZYTHOS and is named after the traditional Greek word for beer. The target alpha and beta percentages are 9.4 and 5.5 respectively. I can’t wait to see what our local brewers come up with to display the unique characteristics of this hop. I have a strong sense that it’s going to impress the hop lovers amongst us.

Made my way down to Brooklyn this week and got to try some goodies.

76028.jpg

This was pretty solid all around, But I have to say it was among the best looking beers I've ever had. It had the best head and head retention I have ever seen.

bronzeage_crop.jpg

This was excellent, pretty sour, and pleasantly skunked.

Hitachino-3-Days1.jpg

This was pretty decent too. The story behind it made it excellent, without the story, it would still be pretty ok.

SG.jpg

grand teton brewing co

sweetgrass american pale ale

this is my second beer from grand teton. I liked the bitch creek and this one is great as well.

If anyone has ever had stuff from these guys let me know which ones I should be looking for

I can probably get them to order it.