The Beer Thread

H. Lecter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hardcore IPA is alright, the Punk IPA is weak as fuck. On a more mainstream note, I found 1litre cans of Faxe (average Danish beer) at my supermarket for 1.50€, so I'm pretty much winning.

P.s Altbier is the real shit in the state of Nordrhein-Westfallen, wooden 20L kegs and old school hammer-and-bung keg-tapping, the modern beer fad passed this place by, and fuck I'm happy about it.

• Like 1

6807317675_29e5cfdd08_z.jpg

Last weekend's haul.

6807318025_a42f83aa52_z.jpg

This Framboise Lambic was insane. I bought it as a gift set that came with a nice collector's glass.

I'm gonna grab a few more bottles today as it is a nice beer to drink while sitting in the sun. It is not something you should drink 12 of, but a nice way to kick start a day-drinking session.

I started brewing w/ info off the Internet, it served me well, but I was still kinda winging it. Picked that book up about a year ago and now the variations from batch to batch that had frustrated me so much is nearly gone. Almost wore it out when I made the jump from extract to partial mash. Well worth it.

Good to know man, cheers for the re-affirmation. Amongst all the things I can do in life, very few are as appealing as being the owner of a microbrewery, hopefully this will be a step in the right direction and from all I've heard (protester empty your inbox) this is a perfect starting place. Now that I'm on a visa in Germany, I'm in a rare position to try ad get into the Weihenstephan Uni for a brewing course.

Who knows, one day I might be releasing a 12oz special brew.

/notTHATdrunkoner.