The Beer Thread

H. Lecter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last night was pretty cool, new guy kicking around is from Oregon, he's been round to brew with me once and last night he brought round a bunch of US stuff.

orqi55.jpg

21dog78.jpg

My head nearly exploded at the PRICE TAGS! Some of those longnecks were only $3.99! Fuckin' easy fifteen bucks in Australia. Fuck you Aussie tax!

got a job in dusseldorf, germany today, look it up, shit is top 6 cities in the world for lifestyle.

to celebrate i bought these

DSCF0723.jpg

the port brewing mongo was interesting, pretty thin base but the range of hops they used made it enjoyable.

got a bottle of veuve and the other beer in the flick to drink later on.

win.

Had a shitload of good beers lately. Port Brewing have some awesome beers, the Mongo and Anniversary ale. Drakes Brewing Hopocalypse and Denogginizer were awesome particularly the Denogginizer. Mikkeller 1000 IBU, interesting beer, surprised the malt kept up but I wouldnt call it balanced. And 8Wired Brewing from New Zealand, had their Hopwired IPA pretty decent beer

Next up to get are the Stones Oaked Double Arrogant Bastard and Black IPA.

Looking for ideas for an 'ApocalyptAle' to brew on the day the world ends.

Any ideas? Remember it's deep summer over here, it's going to be about 36 today. It's 6 am and already 23 degrees.

I have most all special malts you could want, a fairly good hop selection, but I'm bound at the moment to US05 yeast, which will lend itself to giving a 'fruit spice' note.

Looking for ideas for an 'ApocalyptAle' to brew on the day the world ends.

Any ideas? Remember it's deep summer over here, it's going to be about 36 today. It's 6 am and already 23 degrees.

I have most all special malts you could want, a fairly good hop selection, but I'm bound at the moment to US05 yeast, which will lend itself to giving a 'fruit spice' note.

I'm sorry it's summer. But an end of the world should be something dark, mean, and foreboding.