The Beer Thread

H. Lecter

try the others if you get a chance. sunset wheat is one of my least favorites of their usual brews. too fruity for my tastes, especially if i'm going to be having more than 1 or 2. I wouldn't call any of Leinie's beers "the best" around, but i still enjoy them. Red, honey weiss, and creamy dark are the 3 best of their year round brews if you ask me.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there is no point to drink this shit... no one like beer that hoppy, its seriously outrageous

actually.

lots of people really, really like beer that hoppy.

i've noticed that there is a high appreciation for arrogant bastard w/in the 'new beer snob crowd,' almost making it a trendy-hard to drink beer of sorts.

i think its great. arrogant bastard w/ some greasy ass fries and straight grilled chicken is fucking great.

its not a chug to get drunk beer by any means.

however, it does have an incredibly diverse flavor profile which is why most people can't drink it.

i mean i'm one for hoppy beers, but Stone who makes arrogant bastard also makes a simple IPA

and that shits amazing, same deal not chug and get drunk but a sippin beer

i'm in the middle of making an IPA that should be rated at 80 IBUs (which rates bitterness)

and Stone IPA is 72 and arrogant bastard is 100+ so who knows

arrogant bastard is just far too much for me, i can drink one but then need to drink a different beer

Boulevard Sixth Glass

67257.jpg

and Voll Damm Double Malta (still ranks).

Word. I just tried Double Wide IPA and Saison from Boulevard last week, both were pretty good.

As for Arrogant Bastard, it isn't that hoppy. Ruination from Stone is much more hoppy, and I actually like it better. There are a number of others that are just as hoppy/bitter that are great beers. For example: Pizza Port Hop 15, Weyerbacher Double Simcoe, Surly Furious, etc.

Many people can't get enough hops in there beer, unfortunately for them, the hop shortage we are in right now is really hurting beers such as IPA's and IIPA's.

i got a big 64oz of this with a handle and everything. i think ive posted a pic on here before. my favorite brew by far. pricey though.

the growler, word the fuck up. 139.x600.eat.beergeek.rogue1.jpg

the hazelnut brown by rogue is also insanely good. hell, anything by rogue is awesome.