Never thought I would make this change

-TORN-

I'm probably gonna be like Peosia.

Guy doin regular guy shit.

Guy flossin a suit once a week.

Guy hoodrattin it every so often.

or you could be like a half poesia, half randomhero:

suit mondays and wednesdays, full ninja combat gear tuesdays and thursdays.

you'd be like superman.

dgwinter08jacket.jpg

sam-fisher.jpg

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel like dressing is for the occasion. If you're an 18 year old dude with hardly no responsibilities, you're probably going to dress however you want, but if you're 3o, with an office job, you gotta play the part if you want to be successful.

me personally, I'm not the office type of dude, but when I run my own business and i definitely don't go dressed hood or even dressed like a muslim. I wear khakis and polos with a nice pair of polo shoes when I'm dealing with my customers. But on the weekends it's a different story.

all the places around me only sell those shitty emo girly tight pants, i haven't gotten a new pair in a year or two because of it

-Big and tall men's stores

-The ghetto

-The internet

I just made my Carhartts into clamdiggers (about 4" above my ankle at the bottom of the knee patch) today since I have a nice pair of 501s now.

In other news, daylight savings time begins in a week. Spring is upon us...my allergies are in full force, girls are looking better, and the goddamn birds won't shut up.

Even the dog seems perkier.

As some of you may know, I dressed sorta ghetto, but not super hoodrat.

I was chillin at the mall today, and I completely changed everything. I went in with baggy everything, and came out rockin a large Polo, some fitting jeans, and Sperrys.

Just seems more presentable, and you cant wear baggy clothes for ever.

Any of you made a switch like that?

And next month you'll wonder into H&M and come out rocking homo girl pants and a Myspace hairdo.

-Big and tall men's stores

-The ghetto

-The internet

I just made my Carhartts into clamdiggers (about 4" above my ankle at the bottom of the knee patch) today since I have a nice pair of 501s now.

In other news, daylight savings time begins in a week. Spring is upon us...my allergies are in full force, girls are looking better, and the goddamn birds won't shut up.

Even the dog seems perkier.

its really a week before daylight savings time??

i'll admit i notice i'm becoming the same way. i just approached mid 20's... and i don't rock jeans sagging down and giant jerseys and shit like i used to. jeans that are loose but fit, crisp button-ups and polos, tees, jackets, bubble vests, etc.... i bought some la coste polos and shoes the other day. and some diesel jeans. i still have some very baggy clothes but that collection is shrinking... cartier shades too... and i still wear new era fitteds of course... but the oversized fubu/phatfarm shit is becoming a thing of the past.

oh you mad cuz i'm stylin on you

T;6154718']

Then when i did get that high up i got those same feeling about having to watch my back again cause of the flossing and stupid ego shit. i think the middle ground id best. Im trying to transition back to that low key status and stack more than spend.

keeping shit low key is the way to go. people who floss big rims and watches are kind of dumb in my opinion, attention is not a good thing from the wrong people.

I just don't understand the concept of thinking what type of clothing you have to rock.

Unless it is business related or a funeral you know, besides that you should just where whatever clothing you like. Why change your whole style for someone else? I just can't dig that, my way of life is about me. What's the point of being yourself if you can let another entity on the planet control and influence you to wear certain clothing items.

• Like 1

I just don't understand the concept of thinking what type of clothing you have to rock.

Unless it is business related or a funeral you know, besides that you should just where whatever clothing you like. Why change your whole style for someone else? I just can't dig that, my way of life is about me. What's the point of being yourself if you can let another entity on the planet control and influence you to wear certain clothing items.

there are certain times when it is wise and beneficial to shake the monkey suits. for example, if your are dealing in illegal activities, why draw attention to yourself by rocking baggy jeans and a hood fit, because it will automatically attract the attention of cops and other thugs. rocking a classy but low key fit enables one to streamline through certain situations.

another example, driving flashy cars with big rims and beats bumping. if your driving around drunk, busting knocks, doing graffiti, whatever you hoodlums do, you have such a higher chance of getting busted than if you simply did all your business in a gold/silver sedan that is completely stock and nondescript.

maybe im just someone who hates attention and being seen. certain people like rappers and celebrities thrive off that stuff, i want to be lowkey as possible. i dont want to talk to police officers or get into confrontations with folks any more than i need to. im on the grind and i hate distractions.