Abstracts

Bojangles

Mixing paint. You submerge the donor and freeze the reciever.

All three of these made a mess as donors and put paint floating on the water.

It coated the cans as they were removed from the bucket.

see ive always used a bic pen pipe cut to fit like a cap. Iv never kept the can submerged.... Ive always kept a pan on the stove with some reasonably hot water and let the can get hot while the other was in the freezer...

Ive never really had to reheat it. I will say on an occasion my pipe would break and Id get a face full of paint hahaha...it was really more laughable than aggravating.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Famous... free hand, well, 97.2% free hand. I used a chalk line to dictate the top angle of the K because the point where the kick-bar of the K meets the standing bar of the K was really critical in getting the rest of the piece spot on. Other than that I just ran with it and hoped it all came out straight. Only that bottom right shape came out a bit droopy. I guess I still have it in the paint-a-straight-line department.

I'm actually really happy to hear that. Not that I think taping off lines is somehow short-changing yourself but I appreciate that spray paint was used on a graffiti wall. I mean I understand where the hybridity of graffiti/modern (gallery) art can enter into the equation for a mural, especially with yourself and Kofie having outside art careers, but it's refreshing to see people keeping to the roots.

I would say that its more like 100% freehand on that Joker piece using the chalk line was more for setting up the sketch it really in my opinion isnt cheating.

That whole wall used spray paint besides some Buff for certain colors.

In my opinion using tape or whatever is more of a time constraint saver i dont knock anyone for using it especially in this style of painting due to the fact that everyone on that wall has put in decades of "freehand" work and if one person needs to use techniques to make the wall look better i have no problem with that. Painting for a couple of hours when visiting a wall and cutting corners to spend more time seeing the city then spending sitting at a wall for 5 days compared to 2 when your our age it just doesnt make sense to not use technique to finish faster.

You would be amazed some of the very dope techniques i learned painting that wall and i think most come from not being lazy but being efficient. If we are sitting there getting paid then shit ill take months if it needs to be perfect, but this is for fun and i just want to do the best in the alotted time. As Far as Spray paint Using a can of 94 is pretty much the same as using a stencil tip back in the days with krylon some people called that cheating. So its perspective.