Abstracts

Bojangles

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I have an odd shaped canvas someone gave me that I can't decide what to do with...

its 3in X 8in...i've been staring at it for a day and a half now. Sitting there ready to be used, primed, witha decent frame on it already.

was think maybe a cactus or skyscraper? Something tall not long.

I don't wanna do an abstract with it but I figured I'd fish for ideas in here....

Cheers

3in. x 8 in. Damn! That's so small from what I'm used to.

I don't think I could pull it off!

No diss, just saying.

itll definitely be the smallest thing ive messed with

itll be fun tho

this is what im workin with:

2s7i991.jpg

pretty much decided on either a desert cactus or palm tree. either way with a sunset in the bg.

heres some stuff cooler than what i do-

oiyw0.jpg

n8kzp.jpg

2d19puu.jpg

from - http://fortyeighthoursinaday.com/

I agree, they just look sloppy for the sake of looking sloppy and communicate nothing to me.

If you're going to look sloppy you better have some serious fucking style if you expect to pull it off.

The colors and layout should be saying something but it's like a baby making noises that almost sound like words.

Yea, there's something there, but I can't see/hear shit.

The closest to something "good" is the paper squares because of the craftsmanship.

Still, those colors next to one another appear to me to be placed in gibberish talk for pure aesthetics.

Art is subjective though, to each his own, but those do nothing for me.

I'd like to hear what you like about those though, and don't consider my opinion anything more than my opinion.

We need something to save this page now after those and that guido Ed Hardy shit.

im just gonna try to type this out all at once as it comes to me

i have a hard time communicating behind a keyboard and i want to try to get this right...here we go

i agree they look sloppy

but i like that about them.

i like the middle the best.

i love the thick paint, seeing the brush strokes.

2,3,4, thick layers. doing something different but also going together. not perfect. different colors..but they work. to me...if that makes sense

very loose and fun looking. i like that. the looseness. quick.

the first one...i like the least. but im looking at it trying to see what order things were done and also how. watery spraypaint and drips splatter yeahhhhh...

but if i were to try to recreate it could i? how would i go about it? im asking myself.

that shot is a close up of just a segment . dudes other canvases were pretty large and are not abstract. im not sure what that actual shot is from.

the middle one is my favorite. but thats a close up of only one part. i like that close up shot more than seeing the entire work.

did you check out the link with the full shots?

the last one. also a close up. no shot of the full thing.only another angle if i remember. i think i like the camera work more with that shot than i would like the full thing if i saw it in front of me.

all flat. on a wall.

i enjoy the angles.

i dunno, personally i think that the orange and grey looks good next to each other.

i agree, i think the blue was thrown in there just because. doesnt really go with the others. but maybe thats why it was picked. im lookin at it wondering if they just grabbed stiff and threw em in there or if there was some sort of plan.

people like all sorts of different things.

im sure music i think is great others dont. thats fine with me i take no offense because i feel the same about music others enjoy.

same with visual art.

now. since those were shot down by you and seeks,

i think its only fair for the two of you to post up?

if not, no worries.

i typed this all at once hope it makes sense. just gonna leave it this way.

cheers guys

scroll down about half way...

those that know me know that i fucking bugged when i saw this. cant wait for em to be released.

my taste in art is very limited and i know absolutely nothing about contemporary 'abstract' artists, so all of my favorites have been posted before.

1eXN5_nicole_painting.jpg

heres my painting from the other night. 6"x20" maybe? i dont know.

i pretty much hate it. it's not finished, but i'm pretending that it is. i need to go back into it, i just havent had time. as with everything i do, theres a million layers of colors you cant see in the picture. it does look more interesting in real life. usually i do things various layers of gloss and matt, but this one has several layers of clear over the top, so it looks like its encased beneath. nerd shit i guess, but i think jerry will probably appreciate the weirdness. one thing that didnt come across at all in this pic, which i fucking LOVE, is when i framed it, there were small cracks between some areas of the frame and the painting. i went back and stuffed them full of red thread so you get these tiny little slivers of color in the cracks. it's super subtle and you'd miss it unless you looked, but man..... its fucking brilliant to me.

anyway, who cares what i think.