Abstracts

Bojangles

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Swamp... dig that painting. That should bring some cash in. I'm hoping dude puts everything online because I'm curious as to what is available and I don't want to miss out on getting some art myself.

Coffie... I've considered sculptures but don't have the patience. I don't know if it's a Graffiti thing or what but if something takes more than four or five hours to complete then I usually don't finish it. Sculptures seem like they take a while to build up.

Swamp... dig that painting. That should bring some cash in. I'm hoping dude puts everything online because I'm curious as to what is available and I don't want to miss out on getting some art myself.

Coffie... I've considered sculptures but don't have the patience. I don't know if it's a Graffiti thing or what but if something takes more than four or five hours to complete then I usually don't finish it. Sculptures seem like they take a while to build up.

Understandable. Im a ceramic person and I used to get frustrated with time consumption till a girl in one of my classes way back had one of THESE!!!! yessir I left class halfway, went to homedepot, and came back with one of my own.haha

ts3000kc_lg1.jpg

:edit: sorry Unrelated.

and swamp thing that bird is amazing.

Paintng72.jpg

detail.jpg

It's been a while. I hope everyone is well.

Joker this is what I did for the Baltimore benefit.

how do you make those shapes. it almost appears like they are just drips on paper and you drew around them to turn it into a bird?

if you wouldnt mind sharing how to create those particular shapes i would really appreciate it. of course ill totally understand if its something you want to keep quiet and to yourself

• Like 2

I had a color theory teacher who created some dope paintings but just letting paint fall on the canvas and stuff. once he can see figures, he would sometimes add little details in em. but for the most part it was accident. he says hes been painting like that for 20 years.

here are a few. Much more impressive on slides in projector, but he never started a painting with an intent of drawing a person or place.

07-42-III-99.jpg

05-43-III-99.jpg

04-VII-00.jpg

01-VII-00.jpg

08-VII-00-pmx.jpg

09-40-III-99.jpg

he ran more with this one but it started out the same way.

05-60-III-99.jpg

he is old school though and from poland.

recently came across Christine Gray's work.... I like the imagery, but the more developed paintings were a bit of a let down in person. The water colors on the other hand are WAY better in real life.

-not really pure abstraction, but I figured this group of people would appreciate.

This%20Visioneer%20Manifests.jpg

Oracle%20Four.jpg

Up%20Crop.jpg

Triangular%20Spiral.jpg

CGray_2009_Conjure%20II.jpg

ps: sorry for all of the douche-e posts as of late

I had a color theory teacher who created some dope paintings but just letting paint fall on the canvas and stuff. once he can see figures, he would sometimes add little details in em. but for the most part it was accident. he says hes been painting like that for 20 years.

i asked because i want a way to create shape likes that on purpose instead of leaving it up to accident and chance