post your meals photo superpooperthread!!

alure

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
hey LUGR could you post the recipe for that homemade rendang?

thanks

Bumbu:

4 candlenuts

1 tbs. grated ginger

1 tbs. grated tumeric

1 tbs. grated laos (galingale)

2 chili peppers

2 cloves of garlic

2 shallots

1 tbs. oil

1 lb. stewing beef, 2 inch cubes

1 cup coconut milk

1 stalk lemon grass, bruised

2 salam leaves

1 tbs. salam leaves

1 tbs. sugar

1 tbs. salt

•Grind the bumbu and saute in the oil for 2 minutes before adding the beef and browning for 5 minutes.

•Add the remaining ingrediants and lower the heat. Simmer gently until most of the liquid is absorbed (up to 3 hours).

Recipe is from a book called Indonesian Street Food Secrets

*Follow as best as you can. I didn't make the one in the pic and think it might have been highly improvised? Personally, I thought it tasted too much like tumeric. I can't complain too much since it was home cooking and was still good.

p1000867t.jpg

Have you tried these?

CIMG0538.JPG

I prefer the Indo food packets personally.

i remeber them having yummy onion rings

I dunno? I only get fries...place is kind of hit or miss yet still a must at least once...

THat's the most elegant chilidog I ever seen.

that's what i was goin for. i get bored sometimes so i just fuck around and make something like a chili dog look made for an elegant restaurant. good times. oh and just in case yall don't know. after boiling the dogs try fryin it up in butter to get the casing crispy and delicious you won't be sorry you did it.

yo farce, when you gonna go on 'top chef' son?

no time soon i'm sure. friends tell me to try that or fuckin hells kitchen. but fuck all that glamor shit. i just want to cook good in the back and let my food speak for itself. oh but i did start culinary school this week. started making white chicken stock and brown veal stock today. tomorrow is glazed carrots and a chilled potato and leek soup called Vichyssoise (pr. vee-shi-swa) or something like that. my chef instructor is rad super laid back so far. he was announced 2004 best new chef by food&wine magazine. http://www.foodandwine.com/bestnewchefs/?year=2004&chef=FD85E3E6-4B42-4411-93DBB394AB22A5A7 pretty crazy.