the un official workout thread

podrido

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Pretty much all creatine is cheap.

It's not an expensive supplement at all.

Just read some reviews and order some bulk creatine online.

What exactly are you expecting it to do for you?

All it really does is help you bang out a few more reps during workouts and help you recover faster.

Which will help in the long-run, but it's not an energy booster or muscle builder.

well mostly i was looking for something to improve muscle recovery, not to say i can't move from soreness but im saying i really don't notice a difference when i use creatine or not.

Just watched Fat Head on Netflix. I love doc's like that... reminded me of the Showtime series Bullshit! I believed them in what they said, but I don't know how much a diet like that could work. It just seems.. backwards. You eat fat to lose fat? Odd. Which kind of leads into my question...

This sounds newbish but whats a solid way to get trim and have more muscle definition? Is there anything more to it than low weights, high reps, low carbs and lots of cardio? Don't mention HIIT... I hate that

my schedule

Sunday - Biceps / Back

Tuesday - Triceps / Chest

Thursday - Shoulders

I do heavy lifting and stay in the gym for like 45 minutes

Don't do my legs much because i have arthritis in one knee from wrenching on cars so damn much. Don't do abs much because i have a fast metabolism so i never have a gut a pretty toned stomach, plus ill just be burning calories.

Pre-workout = half a scoop of jack3d, dont like taking alot because then you become dependent on it.

After workout = Beyond Raw Rebuilt Mass 2 scoops

Daily = Animal Pack multivitamin

Been working out for a year in August. I'm 140lbs now but trying to be 170 this summer.

My bench:

Flat = 160 with the bar

Incline = 145 with the bar

Decline = 125 with the bar

I aint tryin to slow yo roll hustla, but back is a pull day, chest is a push, shoulders is a push. most pros do a push/pull/push schedule yadadamean, Works even if you go hard enough to be sore fo days i find

and decline should be at least inline with flat,its easier for anyone with an equal chest...work dem dips!

• Like 1

Why would I even do cleans? It seems that there is no real benefit to this exercise other than a shout out to the sport of Olympic lifting. Half the movement is balance and momentum. I train for strength. I can hit all the same muscles without the same risk of injury by squatting, dead-lifting and shrugging. I really don't see the point.

1) Doing one explosive movement instead of three saves time.

2) The momentum is caused by you and the more that is displayed during the movement is done by your strength.

3) You won't get injured if you learn how to do them properly with light weights or just the bar.

my schedule

Sunday - Biceps / Back

Tuesday - Triceps / Chest

Thursday - Shoulders

I do heavy lifting and stay in the gym for like 45 minutes

Don't do my legs much because i have arthritis in one knee from wrenching on cars so damn much. Don't do abs much because i have a fast metabolism so i never have a gut a pretty toned stomach, plus ill just be burning calories.

Pre-workout = half a scoop of jack3d, dont like taking alot because then you become dependent on it.

After workout = Beyond Raw Rebuilt Mass 2 scoops

Daily = Animal Pack multivitamin

Been working out for a year in August. I'm 140lbs now but trying to be 170 this summer.

My bench:

Flat = 160 with the bar

Incline = 145 with the bar

Decline = 125 with the bar

Arthritis?

Aren't you like 17?

You need to squat.

Perhaps it saves time, that's a fair point, but not enough to make me want to do them.

Of course you create the momentum but this doesn't mean its of any benefit. I can also create momentum by swinging back and forward while doing arm curls, but it doesn't mean its going to help me in any meaningful way.

I think there is a significant risk of injury when you start to lift heavier.

It seems this and other olympic style moves are still done out of tradition rather than any real benefit to strength or power. Here is an article I found which tends to say the same thing;

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0FIH/is_7_68/ai_n18608442/

In relation to risk;

In relation to benefits for speed or explosiveness;

So it seems that power cleans will only build explosiveness for doing better power cleans.

That article serves your point.

I'm sure I could find 100 more online to do the same on either side.

Fact of the matter is that explosiveness is beneficial in all areas of strength.

You can get hurt doing any exercise, weighted or not.

Cleans have a huge cost/benefit ratio as far as muscle building is concerned and it is in favor of benefit.

As far as swinging weights...kettlebell swings are insanely productive for strength and conditioning.

You can believe and do what you want, but olympic lifts are just plain effective at building muscle and are only dangerous if you master your own bad habits.

Persuading people from doing exercises that grant them huge gains out of fear of an injury that may or may not happen is pretty corny especially when it is pretty much not going to happen.

That article is the Patriot Act of weight lifting.