the un official workout thread

podrido

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Hmmm no I didn't. But I gave up the weights all together a while back.

Now its 55min. of HIIT, followed by a one mile swim 5 days a week. I should be skinney as a rail by now but I just can't seem to shake the weekend ice cream binges haha

Rewarding yourself one day out of the week isn't bad. We all have our "cheat days".

As long as you don't turn a cheat meal/day into 3 full days of booze, cake and candy bars.

If you keep carb & fat intake separate you can get away with more.

Did ketosis for two months with no change at all. I had the urine strips and according to them stayed in ketosis most of the time. Besides no weight loss, The biggest issue was drumming up the energy for the hiit- It was nearly impossible.

Did you carb up?

Were you going on weekend binges during this too?

Your weight is no indicator of ketosis working.

It shows in body composition.

Take measurements and pictures.

I immediately stop reading articles written by any "trainer" or "coach" if they use any of those terms in a serious manner.

I started off thinking "oh, I'm an ectomorph" and the more I read I got to the point where I was like "oh, this guy is full of shit. i just need to eat food like a motherfucker"

Yeah, that whole theory is ridiculous.

People are way too complicated and varied to lump into 3 categories and call it a day on your study.

Genetic potential is one thing, but simply telling people what they are capable of based on some old, lazy, retarded theory is ridiculous.

I used to like (and still take ideas from) Christian Thibaudeau's articles, but he uses those terms sometimes and it drives me insane. How could you be so educated in physiology and have a hunger for more applicable knowledge in the subject and still use outdated schools of thought like that?

Chicken, Steak, Rice, Veggies, Potatoes.

All day everyday, br0-namethhhhh. I still manage to lose weight though, 1 hour run on that elliptical whenever I go to the gym, which is like 4 days a week.. 5 if Im not too sore.

The problem is, I need more fucking recipies. WELP.

Edit: I feel like I hit a fucking brick wall when it comes to pre-workout supplements. NO-xplode and Jack3d dont do anything for me anymore, recommendations are appreciated.

Facemelt, I just take straight caffeine capsules when I feel like it.

They make me work hard as fuck.

I don't use them a lot though.

Maybe 1 or 2 workouts per week.

As far as food consumption, I pretty much eat between 10- 16 ounces of meat per large meal every day.

That's 3 times a day.

In between is shakes mixed with some olive oil.

My appetite used to be weak as fuck, but without a lot of carbs in it I can house whole chickens in minutes.

I love being a pig.

Meat + fat - carbs = fat furnace.

That is so fucking hard to do! There's so much food with carbs in it..

fruits

veggies

bread (obviously)

juice

even milk!!

---------------------------------

The best gym advice I've ever listened to is to not listen to gym advice. The line between facts, conflicting facts, and opinions often time gets so blurred it becomes impossible to figure out.

Obviously there is some undisputed knowledge out there like proper form, compound vs. isolation exercises etc.

The one thing everyone should pay attention to in the gym is they're safety. If you put 300lbs on your back and start puttin your knees ahead of your feet, someone needs to let you know that you're about to fuck your shit up.

With that being said..

I say do your own thing, figure out what works best for you and remember the bottom line is, the more work you put in, the more you'll get in return. Wisdom.

------------------

I'm starting to workout again after a solid 3 months off. I'm not looking to bulk up or get super trim. My goal is to be healthy and in shape overall. Cardio just as much as weights kind of thing.

Is there any potential back problems with wearing a weighted-down backpack while going for long walks or using the stair climber? I'd run or bike more, but want to try this new approach.

Also, is deli meat (sandwich meat) good for you? It's all I ever eat, but it's technically under the category 'processed meat' because salt has been added to it

That is so fucking hard to do! There's so much food with carbs in it..

fruits

veggies

bread (obviously)

juice

even milk!!

---------------------------------

The best gym advice I've ever listened to is to not listen to gym advice. The line between facts, conflicting facts, and opinions often time gets so blurred it becomes impossible to figure out.

Obviously there is some undisputed knowledge out there like proper form, compound vs. isolation exercises etc.

The one thing everyone should pay attention to in the gym is they're safety. If you put 300lbs on your back and start puttin your knees ahead of your feet, someone needs to let you know that you're about to fuck your shit up.

With that being said..

I say do your own thing, figure out what works best for you and remember the bottom line is, the more work you put in, the more you'll get in return. Wisdom.

------------------

I'm starting to workout again after a solid 3 months off. I'm not looking to bulk up or get super trim. My goal is to be healthy and in shape overall. Cardio just as much as weights kind of thing.

Is there any potential back problems with wearing a weighted-down backpack while going for long walks or using the stair climber? I'd run or bike more, but want to try this new approach.

Also, is deli meat (sandwich meat) good for you? It's all I ever eat, but it's technically under the category 'processed meat' because salt has been added to it

Fuck spending 15 minutes on the last post of a page

deli meats... i mean you could do worse. i'd say the turkey is probably the best to choose from from an overall health perspective. still the optimal meats are pastured/100% grass finished beef, chicken, pork, lamb, etc. no need to get hung up on govt certified organic... there is little difference in this junk and factory raised chicken, beef, etc. the beef is just fed organic grain. you want grass finished beef if at all possible.

those looking to seriously shed fat or lose weight in general need to look into the concepts behind the paleo/primal dieting approach. no need to even follow it 100% either...

if im cutting i dont get to caught up on carbs in say milk and veggies.

you want to obviously cut all processed grains out, if not all grains completely. think about it... they dont feed cows saturated fat to fatten them up, they feed them grain and silage. limited fruits are fine on a cut.

as car as the back pack... i guess there is a potential for problems in anything, but if you are good shape, this will hardly be a problem. im going to start rucking a lot more myself.

• Like 1

I've been going to the gym for a solid 3 months now, 3-4 days a week for 2 hours a time. I do a full body workout and cardio every time. I'm psyched that I got past the 2 month period that i usually quit after. I'm about 3/4 as strong as I was when I was going 5 days a week in school and about 20-30 pounds heavier. It's nice to have a little routine in my life outside of work and classes, routine that's actually enjoyable.

I've decided to try to drop 10 pounds in the month of April. I'm going to bump my schedule up to 4 days every week, the fourth day being only cardio and ab/core exercises that I tend to neglect. No beer, only one plate at dinner, no shitty food during work, no sugary snacks. I never drink soda and the only sports drinks I drink are calorie free. My vices are pigging out at dinner and getting 1200 calorie burritos from Chipotle at work. I hate going to bed hungry.

Anyway today is my last day to pig out. I'm thinking pizza and beer for dinner. Anyone have any other thoughts on weight loss?