the un official workout thread

podrido

oh yeah... and little alcohol and pretty much no sugar.

iou, you only took 1 day off in a month? you have to give your body some time to recover, dunny

I mean I only missed one scheduled work out.

It's a lot more complicated than that.

If it were that simple, avoiding carbs would be the only thing lard-asses would need to do to become healthy.

Hormones and when they are released play a large part in body composition.

Your body also stores carb energy in your muscles as glycogen.

If you don't replenish those stores now and then you will just burn out and look flat.

The shit is complicated, but only if you are trying to become a competitive body builder.

Which I doubt any of us are trying to do.

Otherwise, yeah...like you said, eat clean.

Also, if you are not progressively adding weight to your lifts, you're doing it wrong.

Also, Vanity...what worked for you to lose that weight is a far cry from what most people need to do to build muscle and lose a few pounds of fat. Good job losing that 60 pounds though. I'm sure that shit wasn't easy, but heavier individuals who have a large amount of fat to lose have to use different methods than what is normally used for people who just want to add some definition to themselves.

Thanks Gas. Didn't mean to over simplify but my knowledge is minimal.

Good point on Vanity's weight loss.

And props to the loss of 60lbs.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

anyone here box? i'm going to national championships this year, last yrs golden gloves champ. got some other shit im not gonna brag about on a message board. im out on a couple of severe injures. i fight 165.

here's my weight cut/weight maintenance diet

i usually have more vegetables than i am specifying, sometimes have extra pieces of whole grain toast throughout the day, or small amounts of rice. usually no bread, it is a cheat food, no potatoes, no pasta. i get fat sources from peanut butter and olive oil. my fat intake changes my body's food type for fuel source from carbs to fat... i get a bit tired, i get carb cravings, then i am fine with eating higher fat. ez.

typical week workout

wake up, jog

1 cup cooked oats, 2-3 eggs, peanut butter

lunch: spinach salad with chicken breast. olive oil and balsamic for dressing. + peanut butter

evening work out. i get to the gym around 4 pm daily, leave around 8. i work out with a hoodie and sweatpants to make weight. my workout is always...

skip for 10 mins doing different drills to warm up: sprints, high knee lifts, back toe touch/lift high alternate, hold one knee high, double unders, cross overs, direction changes, skipping in a circle each way, pendulum footwork, one foot, toe heel/toe switch

jog around ring warming up shoulders, chest, lower back, hips

shadowbox 4 x 3 min rounds 30 second break

then i like to spar for as long as i can. if there is someone on my level i do 4-6 rounds. usually i end up doing about 8-12 rounds with multiple opponents. i like to work on counter punching, feints, throwing people off with foot movement, foot feints, stagger steps, angles etc

then heavy bag... i like to do at least 4 rounds a day, 6 is nice. i end each 3 minute round with a 30 second sprint

then double end for 2-4 3 minute rounds working head movement and punches from all angles

then 3 speed bag rounds. i work in various rhythms, 2 per hand, 3 per hand, 2 for the right 1 for left, dribble the bag, throw combinations, practice uppercuts and end each round with crossover sprints.

then i like to do a little workout. i usually just lift 3 pound dumbbells and do military press, lateral raise, front raise and the bentover back fly one... i do one big set with these weights, it keeps little muscles strong. then ill do light tricep kickbacks (no more than 10 pounds). workouts vary but i usually keep it to a pushup drill with a variety of pushup style IE spiderman, knuckles, hands together, regular, wide knucks, wide regular, switch from parallel to bench press with explosiveness, lifted legs, super spread legs + arms, etc. i do sets of 30. or i do 40, 30, 20, 10 maintaining explosiveness, or i just do a big set of as many as i can do. then i do as many pullups as i can.

my regular ab workout is then 30 leg raises, 30 knees to chest, 30 crossovers, 30 left leg raises (right left off ground), 30 right leg raises, 30 flags, 30 v sits, 30 zab judahs (i dont have another name for these), 30 crunch with rotation (think a slowed bicycle crunch, but much harder... this transition fucks your abs up), 30 floyd mayweathers (dont have another name for these), 30 ankle touches, 30 side crunches per side, 30 hanging knee tucks, 60 reps of russian twist as hard as i can.

do neck work, back and front rolls, some other bullshit

stretch... takes about 30 - 45 mins.

go home and eat spinach salad with chicken. + peanut butter

other days i run intervals instead of jog in the AM... i do it in the afternoon.

8 x 30 second sprints with 90 second walk to peel fat

line running

back and forth sprints, i do 10 x 50 which is 20 x 50 for a total of 1000 metres sprinted. i do the 10 x 50 after the 30 sec intervals.

stair runs... 500 metre sprint up to the set of 121 stairs done 2 times, shadowbox 60sec rest, fast twitch stair sprints x 5 minutes, run 2x more, parking lot there n back sprints x 5 minutes rest cycle 1:1, do the 500 metre run + stair sprints 2 more times, 4 x 80 metre uphill sprints, do the 500 metre + stair interval twice more, end on recovery run of approx 2 KM flat out incld 500 metre interval, then uphill path. done once per week.

annnyway thats me... whats up to any fellow boxers. i dont drink, smoke or do drugs at all, fucks with the training. i drink lots of water as well...

also no yogurt, milk, cheese, very rarely i have red meat, like once a week at most twice.

general work out tips: do wide grip pullups for superior upper body strength. these will help you with your lifts big time. they are the secret to punching power!

Steak... It fills me up, gives me energy, costs about $2.50 a piece for a sirloin, and only takes about 10 minutes to prepare and cook. Can't go wrong as far as I'm concerned. And while eating animal fat isn't terrible for you in the least bit, I still get leaner cuts of beef. Any type of 'loin' will work... tenderloin, sirloin, etc.

I guess I prefer getting the real deal protein, not powdered scoops of it out of a jar.

:::::::::::::::REMEMBER........ Animal fat doesn't get you fat, carbs do.

the last 3 months I've joined a gym, quit smoking cigarettes and quit drinking soda or beer. the gut still would not disappear, it's the only fat I seem to acquire(lower stomach fat), even as I build muscle. Since adopting a similar diet to the one described by vanfullofretards, (no yeast, no moulds) I've seen some serious progress. I'm still not where I want to be yet, but there is something to this anti carbs pro steak thing. club soda has been a major staple as well.

The fat in your lower stomach and ass cheeks is the last to disappear.

Have your body fat checked and measure yourself like once of twice per month.

Make sure you use the same method to do these measurements though or you'll get different results.

Taking pictures of yourself is also a good way to notice change and keep track of it.

Scales aren't very helpful at all when you are talking body composition, because of water weight fluctuations, muscle building, fat loss etc...

Right now I'm trying shed some extra grease as well.

It does work, but it takes time.

I think magazines and TV have people thinking that 6-12 weeks is the maximum amount of time it should take to get yourself shredded like a fitness model.

Shit takes months of dedicated work if not years.

Baby steps, my nurga.

Chad Waterbury wrote an article on some study these guys did that claimed that spot reduction may in fact be a reality when done with certain exercises. It said that people who did sprints got leaner stomachs and that people who did sprints on recumbent bikes got leaner legs. You could try doing some sprint intervals a couple times per week and see if that helps you. It can't hurt.

Well, looks like I'll have access to a gym again in about a month, so say word.... developing a comprehensive plan involving jogging, form running, sprinting, traditional weight training, body weight training, heavy days twice a month, and aerobic training... maybe swimming if i gain access to a pool. As always... starting off w/ running, push-ups, and sit-ups.

That being said.. I fucking hate jogging, but my endurance sucks ass.

Does anybody have any advice on avoiding tendonitis? I developed it in my forearms from deadlifting, I'm pretty sure. It's since chilled, but haven't deadlifted in over a year.

mabye not the place for this but has anyone ever had a pain doon their forearm from lifting weights?

not a muscular like a burning pain doon the bone. i've looked it up a wee bit, seemingly it's the tendon...

just wonderin' if anyone's had them same issue and how to get rid o the fuckin' thing...

Well, looks like I'll have access to a gym again in about a month, so say word.... developing a comprehensive plan involving jogging, form running, sprinting, traditional weight training, body weight training, heavy days twice a month, and aerobic training... maybe swimming if i gain access to a pool. As always... starting off w/ running, push-ups, and sit-ups.

That being said.. I fucking hate jogging, but my endurance sucks ass.

Does anybody have any advice on avoiding tendonitis? I developed it in my forearms from deadlifting, I'm pretty sure. It's since chilled, but haven't deadlifted in over a year.

Curious...

Why are you only doing two heavy days per month?

Do you need to increase your endurance for any particular reason?

If not, I wouldn't worry about your performance during the cardio you do.

Just get through it and when you are able to do sprints regularly, do those instead.

I'm not sure what you mean by forearm tendonitis.

Is the pain near your elbow?

Whatever the case, you haven't deadlifted in a long time, so maybe your grip is weak or you need to stretch out your forearms more.

That site is wonderful.