the un official workout thread

podrido

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Fuck spending 15 minutes on the last post of a page

It's not that hard to eliminate carbs if you pay attention to what you are eating for a week or two.

Pretty much all you'll be eating is lean meats, lots of fat, and some cheese.

I've been eating this way for months and I feel wonderful.

I stuff my face with carbs one day a week.

It takes some getting used to, but if you're serious about whatever your goal is you'll stick to whatever diet you choose.

The paleo stuff angelofdeath was talking about is good stuff.

I cook ground beef and just eat it with some spices mixed in.

If I have limited options and am starving I will buy some fast food burgers and ditch the bread.

Low carb ain't the sole way to lose fat though.

Different shit works for different people.

It works for me and keeps me feeling non-sluggish, so I stay with it.

i train with this at home when im not at the gym: bodyrock.tv

she is super hot and cute and her bod is dynamite. she shows you moves you can do at home and they fucking work magic. im getting pretty cut and should have a nice 6 pack by summer. they also have recipes and food tips.

bodyrock.tv

It's not that hard to eliminate carbs if you pay attention to what you are eating for a week or two.

Pretty much all you'll be eating is lean meats, lots of fat, and some cheese.

I've been eating this way for months and I feel wonderful.

What do you mean lots of fat? Like the fat that comes along with meat?

Isn't this the fucking atkins diet?

i train with this at home when im not at the gym: bodyrock.tv

she is super hot and cute and her bod is dynamite. she shows you moves you can do at home and they fucking work magic. im getting pretty cut and should have a nice 6 pack by summer. they also have recipes and food tips.

bodyrock.tv

I've blown loads to her. Not bodyrock...well, sometimes.

yeah im sure he is talking about the fats that come from meats as well as 'good oils/fats.'

the atkins diet has some good points, but the approach isnt 100%.

but the overall point that cholesterol does not = heart disease is probably the most solid. i mean the 'experts' cant even prove cholesterol in eggs raises your bad cholesterol level in your body.

check out the weston a price foundation on this topic. they are one of the biggest 'alternative' health outlets around. they are probably the biggest promoters of raw milk for instance, but they also preach a diet high in proteins and fat is the healthiest as opposed to a diet high in carbohydrates with limited proteins and fats, such as the food pyramid teaches.

also peep the movie 'fat head.' its mainly a movie trashing 'supersize, me' (which they do a great job of by the way) but they also have weston a price people as well as others that are big supporters of the 'quit eating all those carbs' and 'screw the government food pyramid' line of thought.

yeah im sure he is talking about the fats that come from meats as well as 'good oils/fats.'

the atkins diet has some good points, but the approach isnt 100%.

but the overall point that cholesterol does not = heart disease is probably the most solid. i mean the 'experts' cant even prove cholesterol in eggs raises your bad cholesterol level in your body.

check out the weston a price foundation on this topic. they are one of the biggest 'alternative' health outlets around. they are probably the biggest promoters of raw milk for instance, but they also preach a diet high in proteins and fat is the healthiest as opposed to a diet high in carbohydrates with limited proteins and fats, such as the food pyramid teaches.

also peep the movie 'fat head.' its mainly a movie trashing 'supersize, me' (which they do a great job of by the way) but they also have weston a price people as well as others that are big supporters of the 'quit eating all those carbs' and 'screw the government food pyramid' line of thought.

Yeah, I meant the fat that comes with the meat and whatever butter or oil you use to cook it.

Atkins made the shit famous, but whatever.

Low carb is my shit.

It's insane how tired and run down they can make you feel.

And if you're looking into paleo at all, that is similar.

Pretty much all your carbs on paleo will come from vegetable sources that are high in fiber.

Cavemen didn't bake bread or tend farms.

Fat head was a good documentary.

The only complaint I had about it was the guy's voice.

Squeaky ass shit.

hahahaha maaaaan. All this non carb stuff seems crazy to me, since my favorite food is bread annnnnd I don't eat meat.

/veggiefag0ner

Gross.

I'm saying, eat whatever you want.

Different diets work for different people.

I like low carb.

If you're gonna' do it, do it right.

No breads on low carb.

Very limited grains on paleo.

Look it up.

All the info is online.

As for asians:

fats = fuel.

carbs = fuel.

Slow digesting carbs don't spike insulin levels and trigger fat storing like all the processed garbage that people eat daily.

Different people respond to different types of diets.

Some people thrive on high carbs.

Some work better on high fat.

The only constant with any diet you will choose for a weight lifting program will be protein consumption.

Figure out what works for you.

Google some shit.

I'm not an expert on any of this shit.

I'm still learning and doing trial and error myself.

Brown rice is unprocessed.

White rice is processed.

I dunno about their neutrality or chaotic evil or their lawful goodness or any other alignment, but I do know the shit grows straight out of the ground...and that's a whole lot better than pretty much everything in the center aisles of the grocery store.

I think both are slow digesting and reasonably healthy.

This dude's question makes me feel like he thinks there is no difference between rice and cake.

working them abs son

yasmellme?

I know what it's for. I just don't know why you blurted it out.

BTW: VFR, watch out for too much Glutamine. You'll shit your pants if

you overdo it. Creatine treats some people that way, too. Just gives me

noxious gas, though.

speaking of creatine, the stuff i've used a few times seems to not do much for me. it was a cheap brand anyway, but i picked it up because all the reviews seemed pretty positive. i think it was six star nutrition. anyway, that stuff did nothing to help my muscle recovery. can you guys recommend a reputable brand?

speaking of creatine, the stuff i've used a few times seems to not do much for me. it was a cheap brand anyway, but i picked it up because all the reviews seemed pretty positive. i think it was six star nutrition. anyway, that stuff did nothing to help my muscle recovery. can you guys recommend a reputable brand?

Pretty much all creatine is cheap.

It's not an expensive supplement at all.

Just read some reviews and order some bulk creatine online.

What exactly are you expecting it to do for you?

All it really does is help you bang out a few more reps during workouts and help you recover faster.

Which will help in the long-run, but it's not an energy booster or muscle builder.