if i could do it all over again

seeking

some of you guys are definately showing your age/maturity level. med school would have been very nice. but you make the bed you lay in. i missed that... no chance for that now. i ended up joining the army. still in, im going to reclass i think an try and become a warrant officer who flys helicopters. however i do not regret the way things ended up. like the sneaker man said...the stories.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest R@ndomH3ro
some of you guys are definately showing your age/maturity level. med school would have been very nice. but you make the bed you lay in. i missed that... no chance for that now. i ended up joining the army. still in, im going to reclass i think an try and become a warrant officer who flys helicopters. however i do not regret the way things ended up. like the sneaker man said...the stories.

SWEET....I always wanted to fly helicopters...but sneaks had teh bad eyes. Good luck with that man..really, the hardest part is the physical. Other then that, flying Apaches is easy money.

Guest R@ndomH3ro
im too big for apaches. there is like a 6'3" cutoff or some shit. i can fit in a blackhawk or chinook.

Damn dude (tallass Muthafuka).....blackhawks are cool.....riding in them was cool too

I don't know, a lot of very close friends of mine go to med school and... med school isn't a "oh yeah, that'd be nice, I'll try it out" sorta place. You have to be VERY passionate and 100% sure you want to be a doctor, cause shit is no fucking joke and it will wear you down like nothing else in the world.

My best friend should be done in about 6 years or so, and he'll probably be at around $350K starting salary though. So yeah, there's that.

Guest R@ndomH3ro

I agree with Mams....med school is a "all or nothing" kind of thing.

Seeking you where a EMT?? Sneak was one too, I think the EMT cert test was like one of the hardest tests I have ever taken in my life.

Haha!!

This statement made me laugh.

I was actually having this discussion with some friends (who come the richest, most successful families I know of) and my doctor friend I went out with on Saturday, and they told me it isn't worth becoming a doctor unless you are already rich. This is because, after you do your 5 years study, and your Scrubs like study after graduating uni, you end up not making money (after paying back your student loans) until you are 40. Once you reach that age, to only start making the real money, I'd have at least 10 years of making reasonable money with my degree head start.

Keep dreaming about these degrees, as essentially they are a farce unless you don't want the ridiculous career (ie hours, responsibility) the job entails.

being a dr. for the money is retarded. considering the debt you'd get into and the time you'd spend doing it, i'm gonna make more with where i'm at.

when i became an EMT, it was with the idea to then go through paramedic and eventually hook up with a 'dr's without borders' kind of program and travel the world fixing people. maybe someday.

i would have played college basketball...i was dunking in ninth grade...GODDAM MARIJUANA AND GRAF......but i still am happy with what ive expeirenced

I use to be a really good baller trophys,awards and all that shit I remember doing an interview in like 8th grade with some local radio dude who was sayin how great I was hah....but I turned out just how I so much tried to ovoid...no sad song though i dont look on the past and what could have happend much...I just know I'm trying the best I can right now and it's paying off....for the most part....

if i could do it all over i wouldn't have gone to college and would've started apprenticing to tattoo when i was 18. then i'd probably be doing exactly what i'm doing now but i'd have a few more years of experience under my belt and my credit wouldn't be destroyed from not paying my student loans. i guess i never paid them because i didn't think college was worth anything so i decided they don't deserve any money. the drawback to this is i can't get financing for anything (a house, car, etc...) so i'm stuck renting apartments in the hood and driving mid 90's corollas forever. but that's not all that bad. i'm the only dude in my family who's never done at least a year bid and never had to slang rock or ice so i feel fortunate to be doing what i do. i just wish i'd started sooner instead of trying to go to college.

im all up in the air right now.. i wouldn change a thing... i have enough points to get into law but law isnt for me... i could do an extra year as a med student to bump up to where you normally start.. im only 20 i have so many choices right now and i gotta decide soon otherwise ill end up servin you people in mcdonalds or something...

I had to make a decision like this recently. I had the choice to go on a eurotrip with a couple of my friends snowboarding for a season in Austria then heading to Greece/Croatia in the summer then Amsterdam before heading home. I couldn't defer from my aviation/piloting course. I'm still fucking pissed I didn't go overseas I just hope it was the better decision..

I had to make a decision like this recently. I had the choice to go on a eurotrip with a couple of my friends snowboarding for a season in Austria then heading to Greece/Croatia in the summer then Amsterdam before heading home. I couldn't defer from my aviation/piloting course. I'm still fucking pissed I didn't go overseas I just hope it was the better decision..

Pretty soon you can just hijack a plane and fly there yourself.

Are you gonna be a commercial pilot or just a regular one? My cousin is going for his commercial licence, and it is costing like $60000Au or something crazy like that.

Your education will pay dividends, you will soon see.

when i became an EMT, it was with the idea to then go through paramedic and eventually hook up with a 'dr's without borders' kind of program and travel the world fixing people. maybe someday.

waaaaaay too much beuracracy in the dr.'s without borders organization...yet...i still know a couple of people who want to join after residency.