Shaving

Hayabusa

Kay, im assuming most of the guys on here shave their face, so im hoping someone can help me out

2-3 days after shaving with an electric dealy, my face (usually chin and around the mouth) breaks out in tiny little pimple/red bumps that are reeeeeeeally annoying. They come off easy, but my face is still super sensitive and feels dry. I try to moisturize but it doesnt help too much

anyone have the same issues? what do u use

/nohomo

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you should check out going into a beauty supply store and look through the black/ethnic hair section some where amoung the du-rags and pomade there should be some sort of product that helps prevent the face bumps and helps your skin after shaving sorry i dunno what it called but there a black guy on the box

I use a three bladed razor. I used to get razor bumps in a horizontal line across the middle bottom of my neck. I had to adjust the way i pulled the razor because the grain of my hair in that one spot rolls from growing straight down to growing left and right.

Just get a razor and go with the grain. Me experience with electric is that it grabbed my facial hair and yanked on it when it got stuck in the blades. That shit hurt.

I have a picture tutorial i made a while ago for this question.

i use an alectric shaver and don't have that problem. sorry.

on a side note - i shaved off the elvis sideburns this morning. currently rocking a chin piece

if you dont come back rocking the exact same facial hair as your jeans picture, then you are getting put directly back on the plane and sent home til you grow it.

ok, here's the old school way if you don't want to shave after the shower.

get yourself some nice steaming hot water going out tha faucet,

grab a wash rag, soak it. burn yo' hands foo'. then plop that steaming hot wash rag on

your face for a few minutes. maybe repeat if you feel like it.

then lather yourself up with some sensitive skin shaving gel. (word to yo momma)

get at it with some mach 3 action (those new joints with the electric pulse are bunk)

hell, i use these disposables with triple blades and a little pad that excretes gel onto my face

i think old spice makes them. $2.50 for a 3 pack does my bald head nicely.

i rarely shave my face. just trim with the beard clippers.

Here are some tips to minimize ingrown hairs and the unsightly razor bumps they create:

- Use a facial scrub before shaving. This helps raise the hairs from under the skin and prevents them from growing back into the skin.

- Do not pull the skin tight when shaving.

- Always allow your skin to expand under hot water for at least 2 minutes before shaving. A good move is to save your shave for the end of your shower.

- Always shave with downward strokes in the direction of beard growth.

- Avoid repeating strokes. If you must, reapply a shaving lubricant.

- Avoid disposable razors and change razor blades at the very least every five shaves.

- Shave every other day, if your employer or partner will allow you.

i use an alectric shaver and don't have that problem. sorry.

on a side note - i shaved off the elvis sideburns this morning. currently rocking a chin piece

Damn..I'm rockin' Gangsta Mutton Chops..I think they've become my identity.

My friends say that when people ask about me, usually say "That dude with the chops"..

I think it's due to me being socially dysfunctional.

your shaver is shaving too close and your getting ingrown hairs.

try one of these:

Remington MicroFlex™ Rotary Shavers (Models: R-830, R-835, R-842, R-845, R-850, R-856, R-860, R-870, R-872, R-875, R-890) Remington MicroFlex™ Ultra TCT Rotary Shavers (Models: R-9100, R-9200, R-9300, R-9350) Remington Titanium Shavers (Smart System Shaver Model: R-9500 Titanium MicroFlex Ultra Models: R9170, R9270, R9370, R9500, R9100, R9200, R9250, R9300, R9350 and R-TCT Titanium MicroFlex Models: R-960 & R-950)Please make sure it is NOT the Remington Micro Screen—this is NOT good at all. Conair Brand Shavers (but NOT the microscreen); Windermere Brand Shavers (they are out of business; there may be some shavers left); Norelco D-FINER Precise Shaper (D350) ONLY the trimmer part is ok to use, NOT the Foil (top part) ; Panasonic Rotary Triple Head (ONLY the rotary blades are good, NOT the Triple Blade System, or ANY other foil shaver made by Panasonic).

I know these electric razors dont shave too close because of some jewish laws concerning shaving. Its complicated but those should work.

The norelco lift and cut is good too if you remove the "lifters".

Here are some tips to minimize ingrown hairs and the unsightly razor bumps they create:

- Use a facial scrub before shaving. This helps raise the hairs from under the skin and prevents them from growing back into the skin.

- Do not pull the skin tight when shaving.

- Always allow your skin to expand under hot water for at least 2 minutes before shaving. A good move is to save your shave for the end of your shower.

- Always shave with downward strokes in the direction of beard growth.

- Avoid repeating strokes. If you must, reapply a shaving lubricant.

- Avoid disposable razors and change razor blades at the very least every five shaves.

- Shave every other day, if your employer or partner will allow you.

Does this apply to anal hair?

Archived