Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Harvey Wallbanger

Cribs: Mr ABC's house edition

67068.jpg

67072.jpg

This is out of control.

70,000 Beer Cans Found in Townhouse

You know how some people, after they use something, just can't bear to throw it away. That might make sense if it's magazines or clothes. But what if it's empty beer cans? In astounding numbers?

When property manager Ryan Froerer got a call from a realtor last year to check on a townhouse, he knew something was up.

Ryan Froerer, Century 21: "Said it was the sickest thing he's ever seen. Just unimaginable that someone could live in that."

He couldn't even open the front door. It was blocked from inside.

Ryan Froerer, Century 21: "There was beer cans I would say probably this high up on the door."

The realtor had forewarned him about the smell.

Ryan Froerer, Century 21: "He poked his head in, the smell was so awful he couldn't go in. "

At the back door, Froerer was astounded by what he saw in the kitchen.

Ryan Froerer, Century 21: "As we approached the door, there were beer boxes, all the way up to the ceiling."

Inside, he took just a few snapshots to document the scene. Beer cans by the tens of thousands. Mountains of cans burying the furniture. The water and heat were shut off, apparently on purpose by the tenant, who evidently drank Coors Light beer exclusively for the eight years he lived there.

Ryan Froerer, Century 21: "It's just unbelievable that a human being could live like that. "

To all outward appearances, the person who lived in the townhouse was the perfect tenant. He always paid on time and he never complained. He kept a low profile in the neighborhood.

Kirk Martin, Letter Carrier: : "Yeah I never delivered any mail there at all. I thought the apartment was vacant."

The cans were recycled for 800 dollars, an estimated 70,000 cans: 24 beers a day for 8 years.

The townhouse was cleaned up last year and it's just fine today.

The man who lived there seems to be back on his feet. We spoke to him today and he says he's completely stopped drinking. He was welcomed back to his old job a few months ago, and his co-workers speak highly of him.

how much is that worth? like 700$ worth of cans? can anyone confirm this? wow

The news said they got $800 for the aluminum. It made me feel so much better about my housekeeping habits.

do you know how much fun that place would be? i mean. you might get cut up and you'd need to wear a gas mask, but i'd be jumping all in that shit.

what a fuckin slob. i'm not the neatest guy but how hard is it to throw some shit in the trash or recycle bin? thing is i don't think he noticed the cans there. it just became the default way to live. he would've probably freaked out if a house cleaning service made his place spotless.

man.. why would you not cash in beer cans when you realized you couldnt see your floor? i dont know how many times ive returned empties to get a pack of butts

I dunno but this picture of a fat man slowly wading through 4 feet of empty beer cans keeps running through my mind.

haha

i was thinking about that just now, im also picturing him picking up random cans and checking if theres any left

thats awesome..... seriously it should be a new trend....fuck swimming in a pool or the ocean, swim through stinky ass beer cans in your house

I cant even imagine how bad that shit would smell. Just a trash can full of old beer cans gets rank with the quickness.

i dont know the news says they got 800 dollars

lol the prolly spent it on more beer

the dude obviously didn't like his landlord and had a friend in the recycling industry dump that shit there (or something)

im thinking there is more to this story than the landlord was lead to believe. i think this is nothing but pure awesome.

<---- also impressed.

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now