The Skateboard Thread

SPORTO

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
12 hours ago, joynhappiness said:

I have always wanted to give it a try, but I am scared that I might get hurt. Balancing is really not my thing, I guess I will be stuck on playing subway surfer. 

you should try....most shops sell completes for the low

and you should never limit yourself

• Like 1

^go for it dude !! I’m down to help if you need anything

gonna skate this weekend , hopefully going on a mini mission with an old friend and his son . If not , I’ll be in the hyperbolic time chamber (backyard fun box sesh) relearning tricks .

@glorydays damn yo i can’t fuck with anything but the aftermarket Indy (red 88a) soft bushings - I need my trucks to turn so I can carve in the streets !

12 hours ago, luhem said:

^go for it dude !! I’m down to help if you need anything

gonna skate this weekend , hopefully going on a mini mission with an old friend and his son . If not , I’ll be in the hyperbolic time chamber (backyard fun box sesh) relearning tricks .

@glorydays damn yo i can’t fuck with anything but the aftermarket Indy (red 88a) soft bushings - I need my trucks to turn so I can carve in the streets !

I use Dohdoh's 95 hard...they have enough give but it doesn't allow for wheel bite. I use Indy Silvers for my trucks size 139, I have a 7.75 board. I used to ride 8.0

that knee pain went away as soon as i stopped wearing this one pair of shoes and started doing low weight squats once or twice a week. 

Been longboarding (mini cruiser) around the neighborhood. Need to pull out my old board. I have actually been thinking about downsizing as well because my board is so wide and heavy it doesn't really float during ollies 

1 minute ago, +plus+ said:

that knee pain went away as soon as i stopped wearing this one pair of shoes and started doing low weight squats once or twice a week. 

Been longboarding (mini cruiser) around the neighborhood. Need to pull out my old board. I have actually been thinking about downsizing as well because my board is so wide and heavy it doesn't really float during ollies 

I feel it bro....Ive been doing softer wheels on the street since knee pain is a bitch...like, while pushing, my board foot gets this craving for me to stop so I can pop my knee

1 hour ago, +plus+ said:

yea I have an 8.5 pool board w wide trucks but it just sucks for anything besides the pool.

Kind of skating some flat land and boxes recently after a fall in the pool.

Still scared of the pool. 

getting older, smaller boards with pop that are light weight is the way to go...I don't mind doing transitional skating but it tires me the fuck out

went from 7.5 -> 7.75 -> 8 -> 8.25 -> 8.5 over the span of a decade . I dig ripping a bigger board in the streets , dont flip my board very much anymore so I don’t mind the width . I have a smaller setup but never really jump on that board - I just got used to the bigger board .

Snappy ollies and quick feet ftw 

not sure exactly when , but indy starting making their shit in china .

older indy trucks say "Made in USA" on the bottom of the base plate , but the new ones do not .

not sure about the hangars , assuming it's the same deal .

still indy for life tho !

• Props 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I HAVENT SKATED IN AT LEAST A DECADE, MY SON TRIED IT AND DIDNT CARE FOR IT, BUT MY 3 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER WANTS TO SKATE SO BAD. I JUST ORDERED HER HER FIRST BOARD. WE’VE BEEN GOING TO THE SKATE PARK NEAR OUR HOUSE DAMN NEAR DAILY TO RIDE HER SCOOTER AND SHES ANXIOUS TO LEARN HOW TO RIDE A BOARD... 

1FA0A78C-6890-44F5-8372-33A3C5E9C969.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Props 1

• 1 month later...

First time fucking with Clear Griptape. Slapped it on my summer cruiser a couple weeks ago. 

Eric Koston Numbers Edition 8.5 x 32

Supreme INDY 149's w/ BONES HARD Bushings

1/8in Risers

Bones SWISS (w/ shields popped off)

BONES ATF Rough Riders 58mm

Mob Clear Grip

Shorty's Hardware

65725424_887799298244949_4455161344822001223_n.jpg

• Like 4
  • Props 1

5 hours ago, delv said:

Looks fresh man. I recently got back into it and I'm fucking digging it all over again. Being old af sucks tho.

I feel you man. Just getting over a sprained ankle. Body can't withstand so much punishment as it once did. 

Ease your way back into it. Stretch before and after and try to be active on days when you don't skate. Keep your diet smart and drink lots of water. All stuff you've obv heard before but lets try to keep pushing as long as our bodies allow us to and lets try to give the body what it needs to do that.

I sprained my right ankle, I'm regular footed . Kick pushing feels somewhat normal but it gets uncomfortable trying to flick that foot off anything nollie or switch.  I want to try to keep my bag of tricks as long as I can but I'm afraid a couple more dings and sprains will leave me unable to perform comfortably. I feel I'm transitioning over to the cruising and shooting/editing side of it. Just trying not to be one of those Yo I used to skate type dudes. 

not for skateboarding but just sent wifey up to woodward for some roller skating camp. she does derby and has been going to the park with me here and there. This is her second woodward trip. she's living out my childhood fantasies while im still struggling with old dumb shit. I fell a little over a year ago, hit my head pretty bad but trying to get back on the board since its starting to cool off.

• Like 1

On 8/20/2019 at 10:33 AM, cruzxctrl said:

Bones SWISS (w/ shields popped off)

BONES ATF Rough Riders 58mm

I bought those Bronson RAWs and some Super Juice 60mm OJs a couple months back.. those things are damn good. My first thought after setting up a brand new cruiser was “HILL BOMB!” So i went to this hill near my old place thats essentially an 11 story building and jumped on the board.. i was fucking CRUISING. It hit a point where it felt like my speed wobble was slapping the sides of my deck to the ground. I was at a speed where all i could think was “if i eat shit theres a decent chance i’m not walking away from this..” 

thankfully the traffic light turned in my favor too.. as im sure you can tell i didnt quite think it out beforehand, just jumped on the new setup and away i went, haha.  

Edited by abrasivesaint
  • Like 1