The Skateboard Thread

SPORTO

Slave - Warpig 9.6 from Jamie Thomas’ “Garage Days” Collection.

Indy/Thrasher 169s

Bones medium bushings

OJ Super Juices 60mm 78a

Bronson RAW bearings

Shorty’s hardware

Jessup Grip (this i actually forget)

Indy 1/8 shock pads

psycho 1/8 risers

enjoi tummystix rails

I bought the wheels and bearings before anything else funny enough, then i saw that board and it “matched” perfectly and i love that graphic so i had roll with it. Plus, i get to shred a deck from Thomas’ personal collection. Fun shape, fun board. When i ordered it Thomas emailed me fearing he had messed up and he had already sold that deck then a couple days later hit me with the “your deck was found and shipped!!” email and i was beyond stoked. 

644A5B8F-A512-4771-8C76-7C6CE0A6BECA.thumb.jpeg.8e2195d800300d86730f8925556c5852.jpegDBFCC615-4750-4124-84E1-F33708FACBD1.jpeg.15f534c05b6ce615d1df4e488d30f671.jpeg

C44A4821-F4CF-41E7-831E-F7872CA841B0.jpeg

Edited by abrasivesaint
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

First trick board since spraining my ankle. I left my usual 8.38/8.5 rides to slim it down to a nice 8 x 32 with a lot of concave. Haven’t skated an Alien Workshop in a LONG time but it feels really solid. Not a bunch of slide marks because I’m getting my flatground back and getting my ankle comfortable flicking switch again.  I’ve noticed the - .38/.5 inch difference gives me a lot more control w/ quicker pop and faster flips so may stick in this 8” range. 

The rest of the set up is pretty much like my cruiser above minus the obvious like riser pads and soft wheels. I’m riding Bones STFs 54mm V3’s but they’re shaved down to about 50mm or so. Independent 149’s w Bones Hard bushings, Bones Swiss No Caps and 6 mix and match hardware bc I’m lazy. Mob Grip always on top.

A4CD6062-0731-4A13-9B26-5E045B2E0D53.jpeg

On 7/20/2019 at 1:30 AM, abrasivesaint said:

Fuck yeah! Thats awesome. Whats the setup you ordered? 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MYZLQ2M/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_3?smid=A26XAFC6ZWSQE2&th=1

THIS IS THE BOARD I GOT HERE. COULDN'T DECIDE BETWEEN THIS AND A PENNY BOARD, BUT FIGURED, MIGHT AS WELL GET HER USE TO A REAL BOARD FROM THE JUMP. SO FAR SO GOOD... SHE'S STARTING T O GET CONFIDENT AND CAN BALANCE PRETTY GOOD. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, abrasivesaint said:

Some photos of a old DIY spot we had. This was just about the time it died. Cops started rolling on us frequently. Kids started fucking things up, so on. Once upon a time this was a great spot. All those ledges had angle iron, the ramps were pristine, the spot was left alone..

Sucks you guys couldn't organize and make the place an official park. Get a little funding to clean it up and convert it into an actual skatepark.

Posted this in another thread, but here's what are local skatepark looks like, or at least the one closest to me since we have a couple.

IMG_5030.thumb.JPEG.8735081e5fb2c7c207ee9e713d7d391f.JPEG

• Like 2

3 hours ago, misteraven said:

Sucks you guys couldn't organize and make the place an official park. Get a little funding to clean it up and convert it into an actual skatepark.

Posted this in another thread, but here's what are local skatepark looks like, or at least the one closest to me since we have a couple.

IMG_5030.thumb.JPEG.8735081e5fb2c7c207ee9e713d7d391f.JPEG

That looks fun. 

The DIY eventually got bought up and there’s an office building there now. At one point though kids from all over had come to it and heard about it. Kids from Florida showed up one day and said they heard about it in Florida. It was wild.

Some kid stole that quarter pipe and spray painted it black to try to hide our tags on the sides but they bled right through the paint and we saw it at a local park. Someone tried to stop my buddy and I from taking it back and we barked them off. They called the kid who stole it and he come down like a hard ass (screeching wheels and brake slams and all,) but when he realized who’s ramp it was he backed down quick. I also went at him pretty hard as soon as he stepped out of his car.

We also steered clear of the DIY for a bit because local cops found a field of weed behind the spot. About 70 plants worth.. Needless to say all the run ins we had in the past and the new discovery in the back we wanted to lay low. In that time frame is when it all started going to shit because we couldn’t maintain it. 

Edit: theres a bunch of photos missing as well. We had orange barriers, fridges with kickers, CCS rail, all sorts of shit. 

Edited by abrasivesaint

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/27/2020 at 9:15 PM, JBchit said:

So I know people are taking advantage of COVID w/ graff in NYC—anyone in here taking advantage for skating?? 

Also, Hi Skate thread. Haven't been here since 2010/2011.

Taking full advantage. Ripping down the middle of what was once traffic packed streets is incredibly gratifying. 

Been going on late night slappy runs, (as seen above.) Streets are dead and it’s quiet. Plus if anyone tries to bitch about social distancing they can suck my balls because i was distant until they showed up to complain. 

Working on bs feeble slaps at the moment. Kingpin keeps catching i think and throwing me sideways. 

Edited by abrasivesaint

6 hours ago, abrasivesaint said:

Working on bs feeble slaps at the moment. Kingpin keeps catching i think and throwing me sideways. 

Hell yea dude. And wait a minute... HOW ARE YOU LIKING THOSE TENSORS? I haven't skated tensors in years and I been thinking about putting an early 2000 board setup together (48mm/50mm wheels and 7.75/8" board)

2 hours ago, JBchit said:

Hell yea dude. And wait a minute... HOW ARE YOU LIKING THOSE TENSORS? I haven't skated tensors in years and I been thinking about putting an early 2000 board setup together (48mm/50mm wheels and 7.75/8" board)

They’re real nice. I wanted to try something new, Tensor has definitely

come a long way since the plastic piece in the base plate days. I still love my Indy’s though.