The Skateboard Thread

SPORTO

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Any of you see Transworld's " Right Foot Forward " ? It's pretty fucking rad . Kellen James , Bobby Worrest , Corey Duffel , Joey Brezenski & Matt Beach . I have always been stoked on Matt Beach , the same way I was on Tom Penny . Matt Beach's 50-50 to coffin to manny is fucking amazing . Bobby Worrest's part was equally amazing , all in all everyone skated incredibly .

does anybody know of a good DIY tool for finishing concrete? i plan on building a small illegal type spot with quickcrete and want to spend very little money as im not sure how long itll last. ive got some concrete experience and have helped in building some spots but am not sure how to do it without proper tools. anybody know how to make your own floats?

.....anybody?

Taken from skateandannoy.com , hope it helps you out . :cool:

As for concrete, if you do not know what you are doing, stick with the premix sack-crete. These are bags that contain both cement and aggregate already mixed together. Mix the sack-crete with water using a shovel, either in a wheelbarrow or on a piece of plywood. Add water slowly so that you do not overdo it. The mixed concrete should have a rather dry consistency, but be well mixed. If you overdo it with the water, you can always add more dry sack-crete to stiffen things up.

Keep in mind that wet concrete can and will burn the skin. Use protective gear such as rubber gloves and boots.

To sculpt the concrete go out to a masonry store (or any hardware store) and buy yourself some tools. What you want is an eighteen inch long magnesium float and a twelve to fourteen inch pool trowel. Try these out and see how the work. Generally you use a float when the concrete is still soft to shape the surface and a trowel when the concrete gets harder to smooth the top surface. Just go for it, this is your do-it-yourself touch.

When the concrete has fully hardened to a touch, you can cover the piece with plastic to keep addition moisture from evaporating too fast. The plastic will also keep people detoured from riding the final product. You should try to wait a week before you ride the finished product.

We had the 2nd Cleveland Skate Crawl on Saturday . We came across an underpass in the Flats , which is desolate now . It has huge potential , as someone " brought " about 15 jersey barriers and poured cement by hand which looked professional about 2 weeks ago . Note the shitty toy scribbles around . :lol:

6530_1186921121730_1489377366_30478.jpg

C.F.F.L.

I'm sorry to say, but contest skating is pretty lame. The kid is good, but it seems like all the douchebags are into that shit. When did Sheckler and P-rod become so hip hop? That faux-drawl is annoying as fuck. I don't think they got it from their rich parents. Has anyone punched them yet for being retarded?

I'm sorry to say, but contest skating is pretty lame. The kid is good, but it seems like all the douchebags are into that shit. When did Sheckler and P-rod become so hip hop? That faux-drawl is annoying as fuck. I don't think they got it from their rich parents. Has anyone punched them yet for being retarded?

wow dude..the point is he's good

P-rod and Hsu are the two on the right side of the bracket that have the best chance in my opinion, and both of them could definitely put up a good fight against either cole or haslam. It should start getting pretty good once we get into the further brackets. Not that some of the games haven't been really good already, but there have been some total blowouts too.

I was surprised not to see any one foot backside 180s, ollie norths,

A onefoot and a ollie north are the same trick.

I find it hilarious that people call onefoots "ollie north" nowadays.

Back in the day "ollie north" was a regional name that people in the suburbs outside of Philly called onefoots.

Nobody from anywhere else called onefoots a "ollie north" back in the day.