The Skateboard Thread

SPORTO

There was barely any park shots in the video that just got linked, and it was all fucking awesome. I don't know what you're talking about "not even that good," dude is underrated as hell.

I don't even know what got linked. I'm just saying. Underrated?! Watch his part from "Second Thoughts". A local video we made in like 05'. when he lipslid a 15 with gloves on and Thrasher made him take them off. hahahaha. I miss the dude. I'm just saying, he's not underrated. At all.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
david is NOT sick. fuck. I wish people would see this. I grew up with the nigga. His mom makes the bombest breakfast burrito's. Better than he can skate. He got so fucking gay. He's not even that good. He's good at skating park, yeah. Fuck it. think what you want.

You should be decapitated viking-style .

C.F.F.L.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume that you're assuming he's a younger cat.

Daniel Castillo's around my age and has been in the mags and video's since at least the early 90's.

Dude just looks mad young for some reason.

Dude's OG.

dont be fooled.... i still own love child on VHS. my first purchased pro model was the powell ray barbee puppet dude sitting on a fire hydrant. my first pro model handed down to me was an eric dressen dogtown. maybe its just that i dont consider myself an OG since i skate with cats who predate me. maybe im just in denial that im getting old. either way...i think terms like "OG" and "old school" can be subjective.

then again....dude did get shot...thats pretty OG. haha

Fucking straight faggotry at the park today.HELLA corny kids oh my god. haha hey celt are you from seattle? I think i did a blunt-fakie- to smash into you earlier. haha.

By the way michael patterson is killing it for sure. Its hella funny when like michael or david comes down through to one of the local parks the younger kids are all star-struck even though they are just locals haha. Michael pattersons part at the end of psycho-skate is sick. I dont know about gravette being overrated. I think that hella northwest people are just rediculously underrated. I can think of like 6 locals who should be sponsored hands down and have been trying to get hooked up but cant. And its not because they dont have the tallent.

Alright im gonna stop ostrasizing the rest of the thread now. Thats enough locals only for the day.

What's a sambo?

(according to wikipedia)

See also: Blackface

In American animation in the 1930s and 1940s, the use of "Sambo" imagery was common in all the major animation houses. The scenes which show such imagery have either been cut from their respective cartoons, or the cartoons have been banned altogether. The image that is usually associated with the "Sambo" is that of a happy-go-lucky, clueless, head-scratching black man.

dancingsamboA.jpg

Sambo-1.jpg

sambo-cup.jpg

And why is dude a faggot for getting shot? The fuck are you talking about?

He isnt a faggot for getting shot...he is a faggot for talking about every chance he got. he is a faggot for acting as ghetto as possible whenever a camera is in front of him...for being called compton ass terry when he is from long beach...for rocking ice (chains,bracelet and grill) when that shit has noting to do with skateboarding...peep the adds he is in....5 bucks says 75% are of him not skating.

http://theberrics.com/nickmullins.php

Nick Mullins.

For those who skip over the first video because there isn't skating in it: The kid has a staph infection thats spread to his lungs and other parts of his body, and is in the hospital currently. Unknown how well he'll be able to recover. Some kid emailed Steve Berra and brought it to his attention, and Berra ended up getting in contact with his filmer and getting a new edit of a bunch of his footage.

TLDR: unsponsored kid rips and his filmer is really good too.

yeah, and where the fuck is all that shit hes skating? im talking mostly about all the banks and little transitiony things. the way he skates looks real fun and diffferent. whens the last time you saw somebody do a switch stance in the middle of a grind down a rail?

^^ Even the way he skates some of the more famous/common spots ... has a different approach than most. I dig the guys style ... if I knew him personally it would obviously change my view of him.

Had I been involved with skating in the late 90's I may have hated on AVE in a similar way ... but missing his come up and growing up a bunch myself in that time I get super stoked for him these days. However he was the most annoying little red faced shit when he was "little Anthony"