Spray Paint

Guest SayOne

Injury you want these eh.. Quite some nice colors there!

yessir!!!

thems.

3850879291_8db9fce131_b.jpg

a lot of this desire for these colors is because i didnt start painting until after krylons became shitty... still had female valves but it was watery... always skipped it over for rusto at the store.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"HOPEFULLY" I Will be able to do something about this. I inquired about it yesterday. For me to actually match these discontinued colors I will need a "color standard" or actual caps from those colors. If some of you got some old tops to these colors let me know.

new german montana black review

ok dont know if this has been done, i got my self some of that new german montana black first of all it does not stink it has non scented paint but alot of mist comes out though and gave me a huge head ache it covers well even on old rusty boxcars heaps of colors to chose from around 174 non drip high pressure all weather proof but yet to try it in rain or winter and low nosie but its a bit nosiey with a pink dot or a super fat cap post up your thoughts

Re: new german montana black review

ok dont know if this has been done, i got my self some of that new german montana black first of all it does not stink it has non scented paint but alot of mist comes out though and gave me a huge head ache it covers well even on old rusty boxcars heaps of colors to chose from around 174 non drip high pressure all weather proof but yet to try it in rain or winter and low nosie but its a bit nosiey with a pink dot or a super fat cap post up your thoughts

I can say the "hype" behind this paint is just ridiculously stupid. Give anyone free paint and yeah they'll say whatever you want them to say. I would never pay over $5 for a can of paint to go do graff with it. Just cause you pay more for an "aerosol paint" doesn't mean the paint is better.

Montana = Gimmick marketing huge corporation. Getting richer and fatter off fools who think this paint is gonna some how make you a much better graffer cause you using a fancy can with special characteristics to hold the can better. Stupidest marketing/advertising bs I've ever heard! Most people wear gloves duoh so I don't see how you'll be able to grip the can better? Why not give a free lube of KY with every can? This would help get the can off your hands easier since you got special paint coating it LOL

I'm amazed how foolish alot of people are. You're more focused on what the can looks like rather than the quality of the paint inside the can. It should be the other way around!

All weather paint? You got to be a clown to paint in the rain. Graff has been around 40+ years now, why all of a sudden you need some "all weather bs"?

Get some Krylon, Rustoleum, Blackline, Goldline, Ironlak, Montana Hardcore and do a "dot test" with the exception of Krylon and it's sucky valve, watery like paint. They are all the same except for about a 5-15 second difference in "dry time".

It's always good to wear a mask though for health reasons but seriously if you're paying that MUCH for paint then it shouldn't be gassy at all!

Good review so far not_guilty thanks!

PEOPLE SHOULD ASK MONTANA WHY THEY HIDE THEIR MSDS SHEETS!

GOOD LUCK TRYING TO FIND THEM ONLINE OR ON THEIR SITE!

their what sheets?

and there are considerable differences between a can of paint meant for aerosol art and hardware use.

the new gold line of montana does cover alot better than the black and has a nice matte look that sticks beautifuly to the surface not too runny and not too thick. Pressures great. Low pressure cans and valve systems redefined the game man why you so mad? You not guna get the same lines and effects with rusto that you would with a nice montana gold can.

krylon is an obsolete paint now there arent many alternatives. Some people dont mind making the sacrifice for their art. I still paint with mostly rusto and only use montana to get cleaner outlines and shit and its a pain in the ass and in the future im gona try and use montana fot internal details as much as i can because the difference is there.

hate to change the topic here...

first off...those old colors...sex in a can. the pastel shades are so tight. if i saw them on a shelf i'd clear out the stock.

second...quality of paint doesn't mean quality of work. i've seen people paint dope pieces with quick color and dollar cans, standing next to someone using belton, and the end products..besides the variety of colors of belton...were pretty much on the same level.

it's not what's in the can..it's who's holding it.

alright back to me changing topics...

anybody used the new montana black? i got some cans on the way...just curious if people like it or what...

i heard pretty good things about montana when it comes to quality..that being said i'll be damned if i spend 60 dollars to order 10 cans that im gonna blow through in a week anyways when i could easily go to the city and rack rusto and have it work just as well FOR FREE.so fuck it.plus german montana ripped off spanish mtn from what i heard so fuck them niggas anyways.

basicly what im saying is fuck buying expensive ass paint when you could just as easily rack that shit.do what you want though its all good.never used montana probably never will.but if it turns up and i can get it for free then hells yeah ima rock that shit. til then ima rock my rustoleum and dollar store silvers hahaha.

AND FUCK A MASK NIGGA.TAKE YOUR CANCER LIKE A MAN.

I AGREE THAT MONTANA OR OTHER SPECIALTY PAINTS CAN BE AWESOME IF YOU WANT TO PAY THE PRICE.I PERSONALLY THINK RUSTO IS AWESOME,IT ALWAYS HAS BEEN THE PROBLEM IS THE VALVE AND PRESSURE AREN'T ALWAYS GREAT FOR INTRICATE WORK.ON THE OTHER HAND I HAVE TRIED MONTANA MANY TIMES, AND I WAS ALWAYS PAYING ATTENTION TO THE PAINT QUALITY, NOT THE CAN.THE BLACK AND GOLD LINES HAVE BOTH GIVEN ME NUMEROUS PROBLEMS WITH BOTH DRIPS AND VALVE PROBLEMS.CONSTANTLY SHAKING THE CAN ALL THE WAY THREW AFTER EACH SPRAY,AT LEAST 5 OR MORE TIMES THE BLACK LINES LIGHTER COLORS WOULD HAVE PROBLEMS MIXING AND THE VALVES HAVE CEAZED OR CLOGGED FROM THE START. THE HARDCORE NEVER GAVE ME A PROBLEM ONCE, IN MY OPINION THAT IS THE WAY TO GO THERE. MOLOTOW IS AWESOME THERE BURNERS ARE UNMATCHED FOR BOMBING ESPECIALLY THE CHROME WITH A NEW YORK FAT CAP, SICK. TOO BAD RUSTO DOESN'T MAKE A LOWER PRESURE CAN WITH BETTER CAP OPTIONS.. I HAVE YET TO USE IRONLAK OR SABOTAZE. THIS IS JUST MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE MAYBE I JUST HAD BAD LUCK BECAUSE WHEN IT DID WORK I WAS VERY SATISFIED. ITS NOT A GAMBLE WORTH TAKING IF YOU PAY THAT PRICE.RUSTO BABY...

MSDS = Material Safety Data Sheet. This sheet tells you what chemical/ingredients are used to manufacture/make the paint. Since all spray paints are considered hazardous materials and contain dangerous chemicals, they must by law provide a MSDS Sheet. Every other paint brand has theirs readily available on their websites with the exception of the German Montana brands (Montana Gold, Black etc).So I get the feeling they are hiding something about their brand of paint.

Sorry but I'm never paying over $5.50 for a can of paint unless it's for artistic work such as a burner, canvas etc. Montana Gold and Blackline got the most ridiculous prices out there. Their paint costs $7 - 10 a can! It's a straight rip off. The paint ain't even worth that kind of money, might as well buy airbrush paint instead. Matter of fact German Montana is a huge corporation that "STOLE" the idea and everything else from the smaller Barcelona Spain Spanish Montana. It's well documented and really easy to find on the internet.

Read the real story = http://www.a2planet.com/guide/work/index-revc.html#mtn

I AGREE THAT MONTANA OR OTHER SPECIALTY PAINTS CAN BE AWESOME IF YOU WANT TO PAY THE PRICE.I PERSONALLY THINK RUSTO IS AWESOME,IT ALWAYS HAS BEEN THE PROBLEM IS THE VALVE AND PRESSURE AREN'T ALWAYS GREAT FOR INTRICATE WORK.ON THE OTHER HAND I HAVE TRIED MONTANA MANY TIMES, AND I WAS ALWAYS PAYING ATTENTION TO THE PAINT QUALITY, NOT THE CAN.THE BLACK AND GOLD LINES HAVE BOTH GIVEN ME NUMEROUS PROBLEMS WITH BOTH DRIPS AND VALVE PROBLEMS.CONSTANTLY SHAKING THE CAN ALL THE WAY THREW AFTER EACH SPRAY,AT LEAST 5 OR MORE TIMES THE BLACK LINES LIGHTER COLORS WOULD HAVE PROBLEMS MIXING AND THE VALVES HAVE CEAZED OR CLOGGED FROM THE START. THE HARDCORE NEVER GAVE ME A PROBLEM ONCE, IN MY OPINION THAT IS THE WAY TO GO THERE. MOLOTOW IS AWESOME THERE BURNERS ARE UNMATCHED FOR BOMBING ESPECIALLY THE CHROME WITH A NEW YORK FAT CAP, SICK. TOO BAD RUSTO DOESN'T MAKE A LOWER PRESURE CAN WITH BETTER CAP OPTIONS.. I HAVE YET TO USE IRONLAK OR SABOTAZE. THIS IS JUST MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE MAYBE I JUST HAD BAD LUCK BECAUSE WHEN IT DID WORK I WAS VERY SATISFIED. ITS NOT A GAMBLE WORTH TAKING IF YOU PAY THAT PRICE.RUSTO BABY...

I have emptied 100's of cans of Montana Black and Montana Gold in my time.

In all conditions frozen weather in the Ukraine at christmas time to Australain summer, from bare brick to unprimed concrete, to wet steel and have only had problems with two cans and these were from a well documented batch of cans which had faulty valves.

The new range is pretty good i used some on the weekend it does definitely need a shake because it is pretty thick.

The tips are good they are pretty fat but with a little can control you can get almost pencil lines with them.

For my money I'd take it over rusto anyday.

But that's because in Australia we used to pay the same for rusto as we did for Montana.

i know all about the conflict between the two brands. And you guys talking so much about rusto must not be piecing. I dont know why you would be talking about montana as a bombing paint i thought it was self explanatory that its only use is for pieces, detail work, etc.

i cant afford that montana shit and try as much as i can to do what i can with rusto but you know the proof is in the pudding man when im trying to cut lines and do internals, fine lines for highlights, triples, rusto just isnt cutting it. Its not 1985 anymore you cant get away with misted lines and undefined internals in the piece game. Especially now that every piecer making some kind of a name for himself is not only using this paint for all their pieces but getting to a point where boundaries are getting pushed further and further with it.

deen that was very informative though, that is very shady that they dont want to provide the necesary product information. This might sound unrealistic but as consumers we should try to apply pressure on these companies to divulge this kind of information. is it only the german montana or all the other graff paint companies doing this as well?

As far as iron lak i tried an orange of theirs it wasnt that bad my only real complaint lies in their valve system i was def having trouble putting things like banana caps on it and switching caps too much with ironlak is ur downfall

so far after experimenting with alot of the brands and caps my favorites to use are

montana gold because that matte finish is just dandy

montana hardcore is great really reliable paint

and above all belton all the way. Best paint i think on the market.

i havent tried spanish montanas new deluxe line or whatever the 94 joints? how are those?

:-D i cant wait till the weather starts to get nicer

no one is questioning the quality of the different graff paint.the reason i wont use german montana,other than the fact that they COMPLETELY ripped of mtn down to the name,is because it costs way too fucking much and where im at currently i would have to get it shipped which means i have to pay out the ass for shipping too,when i could easily just go and get some rustoleum or dollar cans and shit to piece with.if i lived in a city with a graffstore and i had the money to do it i might...

the only real incentive i see is their wide range of colors.but when your broke buying paint just isnt an option,some of us have bills to pay fool haha.

i know all about the conflict between the two brands. And you guys talking so much about rusto must not be piecing. I dont know why you would be talking about montana as a bombing paint i thought it was self explanatory that its only use is for pieces, detail work, etc.

i cant afford that montana shit and try as much as i can to do what i can with rusto but you know the proof is in the pudding man when im trying to cut lines and do internals, fine lines for highlights, triples, rusto just isnt cutting it. Its not 1985 anymore you cant get away with misted lines and undefined internals in the piece game. Especially now that every piecer making some kind of a name for himself is not only using this paint for all their pieces but getting to a point where boundaries are getting pushed further and further with it.

deen that was very informative though, that is very shady that they dont want to provide the necesary product information. This might sound unrealistic but as consumers we should try to apply pressure on these companies to divulge this kind of information. is it only the german montana or all the other graff paint companies doing this as well?

As far as iron lak i tried an orange of theirs it wasnt that bad my only real complaint lies in their valve system i was def having trouble putting things like banana caps on it and switching caps too much with ironlak is ur downfall

so far after experimenting with alot of the brands and caps my favorites to use are

montana gold because that matte finish is just dandy

montana hardcore is great really reliable paint

and above all belton all the way. Best paint i think on the market.

i havent tried spanish montanas new deluxe line or whatever the 94 joints? how are those?

:-D i cant wait till the weather starts to get nicer

It's only the German Montana that hides their MSDS Sheet. I truly believe they hide it on purpose. Go on any other paint companies websites, You can get the MSDS because it's available for everyone to read.

I really don't care what anyone thinks, to me Rusto Rocks all day long...

I can say the "hype" behind this paint is just ridiculously stupid. Give anyone free paint and yeah they'll say whatever you want them to say. I would never pay over $5 for a can of paint to go do graff with it. Just cause you pay more for an "aerosol paint" doesn't mean the paint is better.

Montana = Gimmick marketing huge corporation. Getting richer and fatter off fools who think this paint is gonna some how make you a much better graffer cause you using a fancy can with special characteristics to hold the can better. Stupidest marketing/advertising bs I've ever heard! Most people wear gloves duoh so I don't see how you'll be able to grip the can better? Why not give a free lube of KY with every can? This would help get the can off your hands easier since you got special paint coating it LOL

I'm amazed how foolish alot of people are. You're more focused on what the can looks like rather than the quality of the paint inside the can. It should be the other way around!

All weather paint? You got to be a clown to paint in the rain. Graff has been around 40+ years now, why all of a sudden you need some "all weather bs"?

Get some Krylon, Rustoleum, Blackline, Goldline, Ironlak, Montana Hardcore and do a "dot test" with the exception of Krylon and it's sucky valve, watery like paint. They are all the same except for about a 5-15 second difference in "dry time".

It's always good to wear a mask though for health reasons but seriously if you're paying that MUCH for paint then it shouldn't be gassy at all!

Good review so far not_guilty thanks!

PEOPLE SHOULD ASK MONTANA WHY THEY HIDE THEIR MSDS SHEETS!

GOOD LUCK TRYING TO FIND THEM ONLINE OR ON THEIR SITE!

i dont really use german montana that much but i just wanted to see what the new cans are like the black works fine but the chrome is ok

hell yeah i love all the overspray i get with rusto!

oh man and then when you try to layer rusto too much it starts to bubble and do that wierd drip thing and get all gross on you

im good man. Id rather save the 6$ i was going to spend on beer at a party filled with douchebags. And invest it into a nice color that i could do my bits and internals with on a number of different pieces and get results that to me can really make or break how i feel about my work.

fillin with rusto cool, shadow with rusto cool. blends with rusto dandy.

i mean you could get 12$ buy a neon pink, and a neon green and use those two colors on a number of different pieces. or fillin and shadow with rusto and just use the montana strictly for the outline and squeeze a couple of outlines out of it.

and on another note deen

I really respect what youre trying to do. Its crazy because i was talking just a few days ago about doing the same thing. Theres a huge gap in the american paint market that def needs to be filled.

Thanks bro.. I'm looking for a few good partners on this journey! I'm pretty much finished with everything just the last step.. the propellant filling. I should get that resolved really soon.

I'm a bust out with a nice silver that will make these gimmick Euro and China brands cry cuz I'm a sell it for like $2.75-$3 a can lol.

BUY AMERICAN PEOPLE.. GRAFF WAS CREATED HERE IN AMERICA!

Hey deen, how big are you gonna make your cans. 12oz is nice, but a tall can is just better.

oooh. what about a super tall tall can? like a 40oz or somethin? that would be dank.

The cans will be just 12 oz regular cans we use everyday. I don't have the kind of money to come out with various sizes.

Honestly from my personal experiences with painting/bombing. The tall cans suck to me, always something or the other goes wrong with them. So I'll just stick to the norm for now.

Trill to actually do something like that (40 oz can) The amount of propellant to the ratio of paint is 3:1

A 40oz can of paint wouldn't look like a 40 oz beer bottle lol.. It would actually be more like a small fire extinguisher!!! Who would want to carry that around?? Painting with a fire extinguisher that's something funny :D

Sup with your idea you kicked to me?? Let me know!

Sample testing 101: In case you're wondering I don't have the required propellant filler/capper yet. So I have to use the Preval containers with the DME Propellant sprayer.

Same set up as any premium Euro can :)

Tested on old steel freight cars:

The 2nd picture is a macro close up of the actual surface adhesion

What better way to have product development than with real graffers eh?

NO FAKE LAB TESTING HERE! LOL

OldIron.jpg

adhesiontest.jpg

1vs2pass.jpg

Archived