Spray Paint

Guest SayOne

my girl bought a can of the new/current krylon pumpkin orange and wanted me to paint some picture frames

i shaved the cap so it sprayed normal and i think i could totally rock with the shit no problem if there are any colors left that haven't been completely watered down to shit

i'm trying to think of what colors didn't totally suck before the switch to fan tip...

ultra flat black, watermelon,...?

or better yet, if any of you have used it since the switch and know what's still worth the grab

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ATTACHMENTS ARE EASILY REMOVED..

THE STATEMENT WAS REFERRING TO "BIG CORPORATIONS AKA COMPANIES" NOT INDIVIDUALS...

I THINK I GOTTA START SELLING HOOKED ON PHONICS LOL

Attachments are easily removed. Ghost images are not.

GO BACK TO YOUTUBE GEZ! GTFO AND LET GROWN-UPS TALK

I'll paint with foreigners, I know some, we're friends, but you cant like everyone and as companies go, and frankly as countries go, europes been a bunch of assholes. Their like that asshole friend who smiles and acts like your related and then tries to fuck your girl the first time your not home.

I'm cool with Austrailia cause thier basically just like us. Left the control of the UK and for good reason, and get bashed for it all the time.

And frankly... Really? like the europeans havent been fucking assholes every step of the way? We bailed you out in the big war, we've been there to help you with all your little dictator startups of which you seem to have no shortage, and all through history all you can do is thumb your noses at us. Anything we try to claim you try to say you did it first, or better, or that we're this, or that, or stupid, or rude. I know from experience, your far from a fucking rose garden of peace and non smelly shit taking over there.

hahaha, what the fuck?

what is it with americans thinking that everywhere in europe is the same? there are many different countries in europe and it covers a fairly large and important part of the world...

Asshole every step of the way? mate the good ol US of A is only what 250 / 300 years old as a nation? psssh....you sound like the spoiled brat that wants everything his own way which is coincedently how the majority of the rest of the world thinks of America....

Generally we did do every thing before you, mainly becsause European countries are a lot older and more established than you. Simples. You know that thing called "culture"? well that came from us...

I dont know who your thinking of on the dictatorship front...im 90% sure that most european countries are democracies. Dictatorships happen in parts of the world such as Africa and South America (that last continent actually being pretty close to you right?)

Anyhow, back to the paint...

Deen, how expensive is it to actually produce your own paint? Are we talking major bucks all in at once or over a long period of time pumping in what you can into the project?

I mean i cant even begin to imagine how Id go about making my own paint..

hahaha, what the fuck?

what is it with americans thinking that everywhere in europe is the same? there are many different countries in europe and it covers a fairly large and important part of the world...

Asshole every step of the way? mate the good ol US of A is only what 250 / 300 years old as a nation? psssh....you sound like the spoiled brat that wants everything his own way which is coincedently how the majority of the rest of the world thinks of America....

Generally we did do every thing before you, mainly becsause European countries are a lot older and more established than you. Simples. You know that thing called "culture"? well that came from us...

I dont know who your thinking of on the dictatorship front...im 90% sure that most european countries are democracies. Dictatorships happen in parts of the world such as Africa and South America (that last continent actually being pretty close to you right?)

Anyhow, back to the paint...

Deen, how expensive is it to actually produce your own paint? Are we talking major bucks all in at once or over a long period of time pumping in what you can into the project?

I mean i cant even begin to imagine how Id go about making my own paint..

SNEAK: Sorry bout all the drama, I will take full responsibility for it. Since I caused this shit, I should of stated things more clearly. Yes you're right, Europe is a huge place of many countries and not everyone is the same. Everywhere there is good and there is bad. I'm not gonna say everyone is bad just because 1 individual did something wrong. Not everyone should take the blame for 1 person's stupidity.

When I was talking before I was mainly talking about big corporations mainly Montana Gmbh (Germany) and one country in particular that doesn't play fair. That country is China. Shit even Europe should be scared cuz they are just fucking raping everyone blind.

So let's move on from the bullshit and to the topic at hand: SPRAY PAINT for graffiti writers/aerosol art, bombers etc.

There's tons of info on the web on how to make paint, so it's not hard to learn. You can buy the ingredients in the hardware stores or make the shit yourself. The pigments aint' as hard to make as you think.

You know everyone always got some gimmick bullshit to claim they got the best paint going lol. Bitumen paint, dense silver etc. It's all bullshit, paint is paint. Either you have good paint or you have bad paint. That's the bottom line.

COST: Most Expensive shit is the machinery. Cost anywhere from 100g to Millions.

You look at the 2 Montana factory videos on youtube. Them drums each drum yields roughly 1,500 - 1,600 cans.

Me I'm just 1 person doing this on my own, so hell yeah it's expensive as the start up. Best I'll probably do for now is 3 - 4 colors at the start.

If I had some decent partners that had a good business sense, and actually know how to follow on a business plan it would of been a different story. It's easier said then done though.

I will make the paint that's for sure, whether it's a success or failure well that will be up to if the product lives up to it's hype/reputation. If it sucks then it's over, it'll be a loss and I'll look like a disgraced idiot. It's a fact , survival of the fittest and best product in the business world. I know others have tried this and failed before so hopefully I don't end up like the rest.

PS: FUCK COMMUNISM, FUCK MADE IN CHINA PRODUCTS PRODUCED BY SLAVE LABOR

FUCK DEFECTIVE MERCHANDISE, FUCK SLAVE LABOR, FUCK WALMART

Y'ALL KNOW WHAT'S UP.. "BRING SOME JOBS BACK TO AMERICA .. THAT'S THE BOTTOM LINE CUZ STONE COLD SAID SO LOL"

Anybody got a good formula for some good yummy choclate chip cookies or Jamaican BeeF patties?? :P

I got 2 colors to test .. Hopefully if the weather is good I can test tomm and post some pics..

Stay tuned I should have a definite release date for some paint this week.

Looking around Early June the release date.

I'll post some pics up this afternoon ^^

Pretty much got the yellow where I want it to be.

For you paint companies that are worried, that's pretty much a loser move you pulled.

Just lucky I'm not the Smoking Gun - TMZ type or I'd post your pathetic emails up here. If you know you got a got a good product then why the worries?

good shit DEEN. i cant speak for anyone else but i personally wouldnt care if the paints had a label at all, for all i care you can write on it with a sharpie what color it is as long as its 4 bucks or less a can.

i think injury mentioned some krylon osha safety colors, safety purple, safety green, those are sick colors which are discontinued. also krylon mauve, krylon teal green, krylon mountain view, rusto post purple, chrome yellow..

Here are some test pics like I said...

Yellow , Green , Blue , Flat White Tell me what you think!

Honestly I'd like your responses!

Yellow Testing with different caps 1 pass each

DSC02883.jpg

DSC02886.jpg

DSC02889.jpg

2 Passes

DSC02899.jpg

Peel back with a box cutter razor CLOSE UP Try this with your paint

DSC02911.jpg

Blue over Yellow

DSC02903.jpg

Blue over the yellow where it was peeled back with the razor so you can get a look at the coverage!

DSC02916.jpg

Yellow as base, blue and green over each other. Good Adhesion no dripping, quick drying!

DSC02933.jpg

Green - Do you guys like this color or not?

DSC02945.jpg

Flat white over the green

DSC02953.jpg

good shit DEEN. i cant speak for anyone else but i personally wouldnt care if the paints had a label at all, for all i care you can write on it with a sharpie what color it is as long as its 4 bucks or less a can.

i think injury mentioned some krylon osha safety colors, safety purple, safety green, those are sick colors which are discontinued. also krylon mauve, krylon teal green, krylon mountain view, rusto post purple, chrome yellow..

Thanks for your support.. I'm working on it. My main concern right now is just a few colors to start off with: Chrome Aluminum, Flat White, Yellow, Green, Red, Flat Black

I'm having problems with the flat black but I'm working on it. Trying to bring out the jungle green with the inital release.

Kind of hard and easier said than done since I'm only just 1 person trying to get things done.

I will bring the colors out .. Just will take some time.

So far it looks like the cans will be pressed (lithographed), it's cheaper than the old school paper labels (I don't have the machine for this and it's expensive even for a used one)

It will be the newer style cans, instead of the ol' school cans (which I prefer). The reason being the older style cans take 2 months for me to recieve vs. the newer ones which take only 5 weeks. Eventually I will get the hang of it and the turnover will become quicker.

every thing but that green looks like it could be americans finest.

and i like that green.

I'm not quite sure on this "America's Finest" I did a google search for it. I wasn't able to find anything except something that was perhaps by Rusto? Is this some discontinued paint line?

Alot of stuff that came up was associated with Blubber though, which I am not no way, shape or form associated with. I do got respect for that guy for trying to come up with a paint line made in America though.

You got pics, color charts, info, etc. Please share.

I don't need to hide anything from anyone far as this paint line is concerned.

It's 100% all me!

Im feeling the blue and green.

But the yellow seems to resemble Walmart's Color Place on the first pass. I'm not sure on the formula but I think it might have to deal with the tone of the initial pigment. But it would be great if you could get it to resemble Rusto's Sun Yellow, instead Walmart's Pissed Stained Bedsheets Yellow. Or it might just be the lighting on my computer. But I think you seem to have made a pretty good paint so far.

My 2 cents.

Im feeling the blue and green.

But the yellow seems to resemble Walmart's Color Place on the first pass. I'm not sure on the formula but I think it might have to deal with the tone of the initial pigment. But it would be great if you could get it to resemble Rusto's Sun Yellow, instead Walmart's Pissed Stained Bedsheets Yellow. Or it might just be the lighting on my computer. But I think you seem to have made a pretty good paint so far.

My 2 cents.

Your 2 cents is very important! These colors are not set in "stone" that's why it's important to me that ppl like you take the time to leave me some feedback and give me your opinion.

I'll get a few cans of other paints today and if weather permits I'll gauge them against. I normally test against the big 3 but I'm going to have to change my thinking. There's people coming up with paints I've never seen or heard about before. I've used all kinds of paints but that's not to say I've used everything there is, everything there was or ever will be (sheesh I sound like "BRETT THE HITMAN HART" ).

Weather's been really ugly here the past few days. I've been regulated to watching Wrestlemania lol :p over the weekend.

Keep on roc'in and thanks .. it's appreciated.

Archived